2019 BMW M550xi - $799 p/m *Updated* good deal? Opinions please guys

Anything guys…?

What’s the breakdown of your DAS?

mf is marked up to max

@hayhayday the first deal has a MF of 0.00128 which is base rate on this car. The second deal has 0.00168 which is marked up but the monthly is the same payment 799 inc tax is the same? :man_shrugging:t4::man_shrugging:t4::man_shrugging:t4:

I’m not entirely sure. I never normally do more than first month and dmv reg fees at drive off. I want to keep the payment below $800 and as close to the 1% rule as possible. MSRP is 77,835 on both deals. How would you suggest attacking/dissecting the DAS? I don’t want to do MSD’s at the mo

1% rule doesn’t exist. Forget you have ever heard of it and judge each deal on the basis of the specific deal.

2 Likes

Ok fair enough. Well what’s your opinion on MSRP 77,835, selling price(with incentives) 66,035, MF 0.00168(he is saying the MF is higher than the .00128 base rate due to the better discount on the car as opposed to the other dealership), 36/10, DAS 2950 = $799 p/m

Thank you.

Why is it 36/7.5 now instead of the 36/10 above at the price is the same?

My typo. It is 10k

That’s a bunch of bullshit.

Press for 12% discount if they’re going to mark up the interest, 2020’s are on the ground and are new and improved.

1 Like

@Electric 12% before incentives? Im at 10% pre-incentive, 15% off thereafter. Do you think it’s a pretty good deal though?

Yes before incentives.

@Mike_Ezginder Any tips?

I will press for that tomorrow, wanting to get this car tomorrow. If I get even a 1% increase in discount, I feel this deal is quite good.

I don’t claim to be a master negotiator but I suggest being well informed, assertive and more importantly flexible on your wants and needs . People usually spend too much time on a particular deal and give in to the dealer just to be done with it . That’s why I like to eliminate those that play games quickly . I would just say base mf is not negotiable to this guy and move on if he keeps dragging.

Below is deal I got on similar MSRP car earlier this year. I imagine there is more motivation to move 2019 now, given 2020 models are here. I would say your deal is decent if you were getting base MF. The MF is basically where the dealer is making an extra $1.8k or so of profit. If you are willing to move on and look at other dealers or cars you could do better. If you are not willing to walk away dealer has leverage on you. So just depends on how much you want to search for a car or just lease the one you are looking at and not try to save another $1.8k.

Thank you for taking the time. I ended up getting a further OL code. MSRP 77,835 monthly $782 DAS 2950. I feel like 714+tax on this car is pretty good. I’m not unhappy. I took the deal and am excited to see how I get on with the M550

Also remember to sign up for 3 years of BMW CCA ($134) within 15 days. You can then apply for new car rebate which will get you an additional $1000 post-sale rebate. It takes about 2-3 months to get the rebate.

could have grinded it down more but sometimes it’s just not worth the time for some. Imo $800 for a pretty base m550 is a bit high considering the 2020s have an additional 70 hp.

There are very few m550’s left in general for better or worse I think the same monthly would be achievable with a more loaded in packages vehicle. i.e. exec pack, luxury seating, etc. etc.