2019 BMW i3 BEV $47,xxx MSRP, 24/10k, Effective $207/mo, $0 DAS + 7 MSDs ($1750), 0.436% of MSRP

Thanks…as “hackrs” here, we like to hack everything…including the sun :slight_smile:

:sunny: Free electrical energy and free pool/spa heating :sunny: Some free A/C in my garage as well from the heat pump hot water heater :snowflake:

Roof

Yes…but for a different reason. Many utilities will not approve an array that will produce considerably over your average yearly consumption (i think it was 125% if on a net metering agreement in my area). Having the ev first for a year will bump up your averages and get the bigger array approved.

True.

In my area they simply cap the size of the system such that the maximum backfeed at any given moment can be no more than 10 kW. Some of the utilities in my general geographic locale will allow up to 15 kW. In every case, we receive the benefit of full retail rate cost avoidance with the PV, but only up to the total energy consumption for the year. Excess production over that level will still receive a credit, but at the cost of generation rate (which is a fraction of the retail rate). This will naturally temper system installation size (due to the economics).

In FL with the heavier air conditioning loads, none of us have any problems demonstrating high levels of consumption😩

Although it is technically impossible to “hack the DMV”, one thing to note is that if you have a tag you can transfer on the lease (even if the purchase is out of state), in Florida, they will give you significant credit back on the registration costs. On this i3 lease $464 was baked in for tag and registration, and the actual costs came back at $8.60. So, I will be getting a check back for $450 and some change. Unfortunately those refunded costs will carry through the entire lease term with interest, but they effectively drop about $18 a month off the payment (bringing the effective payment down to about $188 a month).

And since I am always chasing the numbers, this gets the car to 0.395%:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Forgot to answer this one weeks ago……

The dealer def took credit in July for this one. The lease date on the contract is 7/31/19. So, I think they have some flexibility for the inception date with regard to when the car is actually delivered (and even signed)?

I thought you didn’t care :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I care about the final end result, but in this case I really didn’t care how I ended up getting there🤪

The doubling of the loyalty incentive this month should allow folks to smoke this deal​:fire::fire::fire::fire:.