2019 BMW 740i M-Sport, Demo 3,200 miles, 36/12, $2,500 DAS, $572 w/o, $590 w/tax

Year, Make,Model, and Trim:
2019 BMW 740i M-Sport

• Executive Package
  • M-Sport Package
  • Cold Weather Package
  • Sky Lounge Roof
  • Massaging Seats
  • Singapore Gray Metallic with Ivory White

Saved Numbers on Leasehackr Calculator:

MSRP: $96,245
Selling Price: $64,684 (32.9% off)
Monthly Payment: $590
Cash Due at Signing: $2,500 (acquisition, tag, dealer, 1st month)
MSD: 0
Incentives: $2,000 Loyalty

Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: .00165
Residual: 52.84% (adjusted for demo miles)

Region: North Carolina (purchased from VA dealer)
Leasehackr Score: 12.9

First off, let me say a big thank you to all the contributors on this forum! And let me call out my fellow NC neighbor @cndnbkn for being my Ambassador of Quan. Your deal inspired me, and I did all I could to try and beat it.

Three weeks ago I didn’t even know what MSD’s were (neither did some of the BMW sales people I contacted). And that’s why this forum is fantastic. After 3 weeks of pouring over post after post I finally said, the time is now, and I reached out to my first dealership. Right before that fateful encounter I posted to Edmunds and verified residuals and MF. Armed with information, I was determined to make the leasehackr community proud.

My first email was engulfed with every technical term and acronym I could fit in. Money Factor, MSD’s, Residual, DAS. They were dealing with a Pro, damn it, and I wanted them to know it. Their response was swift and it hurt. “No we don’t offer that MF and we’re only able to take X% off.” Wait. What? That’s not how this is suppose to happen. I know the MF. I know you can go lower than .00205. I know people at Edmunds! Swing and a miss.

Dealership number 2. I’ve got to change up my game. Strike 2 is staring me down and I’m nervous. We’re texting now. That’s different. Email’s for rookies. I throw out the old “I’m working with this other BMW Dealership down the road” routine. I wait for a response. A day passes. My phone buzzes with opportunity. It’s them. They’ve responded and I’m giddy as a school girl. I read it slowly, twice. “We can do $1,298 down and $1,298 a month. What time would you like to come in and sign?” I rush to the bathroom because I’m about to vomit. I’m not doing something right, we just keep talking about money down and monthly payment, I’ll never get a great deal, I’m a moron. I muster enough strength to reply back with a confident “That’s not going to work for me.” A day passes. The salesman says he went to his GM and worked it to $998 down, $998 a month. For a split second, I rejoice. That’s right, I worked them over and got them to come off $300 a month. My Pro status comes back to me.

Dealership Number 3-5 were pretty much the same. Some could match the MF, some could not. 20%-25% off MSRP was common, but, not much more. I never seemed to break through and get closer to my target. It was always “this is the best we can do.”

I was exhausted by Dealership Number 6. I was losing faith that I had it in me, I was running low on Tums, and I was tired of all the emails. So I made a spreadsheet, my very own lease agreement in Excel. Ultimately that helped shape the whole conversation around price. It was all there for them to counter and edit, and for me to counter and edit. It helped tell the story of what I was willing to do.

Bottom line is I got lucky, scored a pretty good deal, and learned a ton along the way. Thanks again!

28 Likes

Holy smokes! Can’t congratulate you enough on this deal. %32? :astonished::muscle:

Thanks @AGN. Getting that last $1,250 off was the hardest.

Clearly a motivated dealer. Congrats!

Congrats, good to see more NC posters on here. How many of your 1st group of dealers were in NC, before you scored with the VA one?

What dealer can I ask? I am in NC. Need X3 and X5 now and want 7 series when my other lease up. Not getting traction on X3 loners as I want.

Thanks @cheapdad00 the first 3 were all between North and South Carolina. I started with Hendrick in Charlotte and they just didn’t deal much. My hypothesis was I needed to go to a smaller market or one where the economics were better suited to negotiate. I started using Autolist because it showed price history and days on market. I zeroed in on a few that were sitting for a while (AL, MS, VA) and went from there. MS dealer was willing to deal, but, they hit a ceiling around 25% off. As a broker stated on here earlier, each demo is a case by case basis and you need a motivated seller. Dealers outside of NC and SC seemed a lot more motivated.

1 Like

Hendrick In Durham is literally the worst.

If anyone can point me to ones close need loaner or good new deals on x3 and X5 now.

1 Like

Well done! I’ve got a similar car, sing gray with ivory/skyled msport combo minus executive and massaging seats (which I really tried to get but couldn’t find discounted enough). There’s loads to love about this car, but it’s mind blowing the parking package is not standard. Enjoy and share pics!!

3 Likes

I 2nd that and think it goes for all of those Hendrick brands at Southpoint. Tried to negotiate with the Hendrick MB on a C300 and e300 and they were useless. Either tons of patsies in the area or they over stretched themselves with all the new buildings and are trying to collect to pay them off faster.

Nah it is they have people willing to pay more. Even when it was performance BMW in chapel hill they sucked. I have dealt with them a fair deal. Only time I ever got a deal was when I presented them with offer I had form another dealer from far away. Another time, they were just trying to get rid of a car that had been there a while. Otherwise they are terrible.

@DrUNC83 Richmond BMW, I think they’re part of the Crown Automotive Group.

Thanks @leasealot and nice pic! A little rainy down here today but will get some pics up tomorrow. I’ve got a great custom shop in Charlotte I’ve used over the years and they do a “chrome delete” for me. My kidney grille is all chrome and the rear trunk has that chrome piece the width of the car. That kills me! It’s getting scheduled next week.

Yah, the delete is a nice touch. Way cheaper to do it after market. I just got ceramic tint all around, including 70% on windshield. Car looks pretty sleek with blacked out accents; not to mention, Vegas heat is tolerable

I’ve been reading a bit on chipping our cars and using apps like BimmerCode to program things like remote trunk close, disabled auto start stop and a few others things. I know turbo bimmers respond well to chipping the ecu as well, but that may not be worth playing with in a cruiser

So many more possibilities than my previous Infiniti :joy:

So funny you mention that, I was just at my buddy’s shop tonight (working on another car for me) and he told me I should tint the front 50%. Yeah, definitely getting delete and tint.

So long story short, I have a 2013 X6-50i and I got the Dinan tune on that, valved exhaust, chrome delete, black rims and guess what? The engine seized at 65K miles, bearing failure. Part of the Bang N63 Class Action Settlement and BMW is replacing it, should have the new engine in next week. My love for the TTV8 started to diminish after that.

But man do I love the 740. I have the surround view cameras on my X6, and naturally thought that would be standard on BMW’s flagship sedan, but it’s not. Didn’t realize until the moment I put it into reverse and my wife was like “what’s wrong with your screen?” She had a good laugh at my expense while I’m reading the manual, trying to figure out why the cameras aren’t turned on!

2 Likes

Cheers for scoring an awesome deal in NC!

Haha right? The nose is long, so I was hoping it would have a forward facing camera. The car I test drove prior to getting mine must have had the parking package, which the dealer insisted it didn’t, as it had solid round view. I assumed the base had that, but nope! Oh well, just have to be extra careful

Here’s 70% on my fronts and 25% elsewhere for you use as a bench mark

1 Like

Do you remember who you dealt with or emailed/texted?

Congrats on this solid deal!!!

congrats! Did you have to go out pick it up or did they deliver it? if they delivered it, I’m curious what they charged?

I’ve got my eye on a 740i xDrive which has been on the market for 325 days so figure it’s a good time to try and make a move!

2 Likes

Aim for 35% and don’t look back!

1 Like