Maturity date: 3/28/21

MSD due (if any): $0
Cash due (if any): $5000 due to me
Incentive for new lessee (if any):

$0

Financial institution: BMWFS
Transfer fee: $500
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no): Yes

Vehicle condition (accidents, tire wear, etc.), options, and other details: Will likely need new set of tires in the next 5,000 miles. Car has been on TURO.

I’m not sure if you can transfer a lease that is already paid off but that’s what I’m trying to do here :wink:

What did BMWFS say when you asked them?

Edit: your pics could stand a quick trim, eh? Crop out the black bars, my friend, to make things more attractive.

:bat:

Amit,

You can transfer a one pay lease. I have done it with my i3. All you do is collect a lump sum amount from person taking over the lease and all they have to do after transfer is approved is go to dmv and get the plates for themselves. BMW will send the paperwork they will need at the dmv as the title still remains in name of BMW financial.

what will happen is that after the lease is transferred, the bill that comes to you monthly showing zero due, will start going to the new lease holder. Tax however might be an issue if you transfer out of state. If done within same state than its much easier.

3 Likes

Being that it’s 4/21 today and it takes time to transfer, at most this is 10.5-11 mo lease as it ends on 4/1/21. Recommend you update the title.

what is the buyout at the end of the lease?

It’s a BMW, so quite a bit more than it’s worth

3 Likes

I know. No clue why people ask that.

1 Like

Is the car lowered? I would think it wouldn’t be, but some of the pictures look that way.

Not it’s not it is just the angle of the photos.

Probably because we don’t know the answer… at least thats why I ask most questions.

1 Like

Well…
A) no one on this site buys their cars at lease end and if they do they certainly don’t pay contract buyout.
B) BMW residuals have been inflated over what their actual lease end value is for a long time
C) Everyone that asks a buyout on a BMW lease transfer thread…

A.Not really, you can find a ton of threads about it, although to avoid dispo fees and sell to people. Search Carvana and Vroom.
B. Yes.
C. Yes.

Re A. Not in this eco climate. And on those vroom carvana threads how many times do you see BMW? Lexus/Toyota and Honda are good contenders. Not my first rodeo.

I read you can’t negotiate buyout prices anymore on BMWs at lease end. Dealers who sell the vehicle under buyout gets penalized. Some change that happened in 2018.

I was disappointed since we really love our 640i GT…

Edit: OP has two 740is he/she wants transferred, wtf

He’s an admitted addict. We can all sympathize with that.

1 Like

Hello, yes it is available.

I sent you a PM last night. Thanks

Available still

4K down. 1k incentive.

1 Like