2019 BMW 540i loaner lease in TX (What do you think?)

About 2.5 weeks of dealing with a dealer I currently have:

MSRP: 682xx
Price: 534xx (inclusive of lease, OL, Loyalty)
Monthly Payment: $549
Cash DAS: $549 + 7MSD
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: 0.00145 before reduction, 0.00110
Residual: 60%
Miles on the vehicle: 4000

Score: 10.9

Discount before incentives is low. The dealer is saying this is the best I can get from them. No other dealer is going lower. The tax credit only valid till Jul according to dealer. Extra 500 off would have been great but he is not budging.
Thoughts?

1 Like

Wow. No replies on my post! Did BMW go out of style or something :smiley: ?

Lease credit and loyalty are available for new 2019s 540i’s. They are probably also available for loaners. I would try to push for 20% off MSRP on a loaner before incentives.

You also need to adjust the residual based on the mileage of the vehicle.

I think you can get that pricing on new, why not just try that and contact many more dealers?

Plus with new you get an extra $1k off from CCA.

I have been through almost all dealerships in TX. After this offer I got another offer from a different dealer.

MSRP: 682xx
Price: 534xx (inclusive of lease, OL, Conquest) *Loyalty didn’t go through. Brother has BMW and we are on same insurance plan. They wanted a second proof of residence.
Monthly Payment: $525
Cash DAS: $525 + 7MSD
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: 0.00145 before reduction, 0.00110
Residual: 60%
Miles on the vehicle: 2600

Score: 11.1

Including incentives is 20.6% off and I don’t have any other dealers offering less. One dealer shut the door at $599 without MSD. I agree I could have gotten better.

I also live in TX (Austin) and am on the hunt for another BMW since my lease is up tomorrow. Any insights on the dealerships that you felt worked with you the most?

Experience has not been great. PM’d you.

Not the worst deal but it can be improved on.

Aim for 500 on the nose with that second deal.

@Electric Tried and failed on it. This dealer attempted to get me loyalty but according to their GSM they couldn’t. With the loyalty i was on $517 but without it he matched $500 and made it $525. Couldn’t go less on it.

1 Like

How much for same car but not loaner ?

@Pharmdrx I didn’t deal on a new car. 3 dealers said they won’t go below $600 on a loaner so I didn’t bother.

Depends. Could be worth your while on a triple net deal and CCA rebate…

Sorry. First time hearing about a “triple net deal”. CCA rebate only applicable to new cars under 1k miles. So this wont qualify correct?

Sorry for silly questions what’s triple net mean?

I’m looking at a similar MSRP, dealer didn’t want to move lower than 11.8% off MSRP on a new car.

Triple net is usually basement on a new car (Holdback and Invoice exhausted, base money factor, no product)

Moving metal for the sake of moving metal.

Couldn’t get lower than 11.8 % keep fighting? Before incentives…

11.8 isn’t bad and on the right car is offset by CCA.

2019 are soon to become toxic:
Target 15% and if you land at 13% grab it.

What tactic can I use to knock off another 1% off MSRP when I go to sign…

Yes…And I am thinking the 4 series as well as long as the lease money doesn’t dry out in August, may literally be given away (even more than they already have been in June/July). I want to see someone get a 0.3xx% deal on one of these!

Side idea (which has been mentioned by others as well)…

Do you have a BMW credit card? If not, and if your dealer will accept a credit card for any upfront/MSD’s, with the triple points you can get from the card, plus the $300 statement credit (if you put $2000 on it within 90 days), you may be able to make up an additional 1% (or close), with little effort. 15 months zero interest too!

Also, (for non loaner) don’t forget the BMW CCA post sale rebate, on a 5 series you can net $866 there as well.

1 Like