2019 AudiA6 45 Premium Sedan

MSRP 58040
Selling price 34040
24 / 7500
1st payment 5805
Regular payments. 199

Thanks!

1 Like

Don’t put $5800 down. Roll it into the monthly. Not a lot of info here, but on the surface, not bad

1 Like

Are you really getting $24k off on a $58k car? That is more than 40% discount so it is impossible to get a bad lease deal out of such a discount/incentive combo. And if the MF is crazy high then just buy the car as soon as Audi Finance allows payoff.

Effectively 450 ish isn’t bad but it’s a pretty basic A6 so OP needs to make sure he’ll be happy to forego some missing features

Might as well finance it initially to take advantage of the 0% APR on 2019’s. None of the incentives are lease specific.

3 Likes

The A6 at a premium level still has navigation, BSM, wireless charging etc. It’s really well equipped for a Premium!

2 Likes

Great point. Considering the likely high MF and low residual, hard to think you’d do worse when selling in 2-3 years.

Yeah, I agree.

What’s the RV on this?

I just asked the sales rep that! What would be a good rv for this deal

It’s not negotiable, I was just curious to make better sense of the numbers. Usually 0 DAS is recommended, but if you have a very high MF I’m wondering in your case if a high down payment or even a buyoff makes more sense.

No. Take your money and invest instead.

53% …202020

Maybe I did this wrong, but if RV for 24/7500 is 53%, they are marking up the MF significantly (0.00364). At APR 8.74% I’d take those guaranteed and tax free returns over the market.

Edit: Sorry, ignore the part about the down payment since it doesn’t reduce the rent charges (see my name :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Get MF and RV from Edmunds and plug into calculator.

Might make more sense to do a 36 month lease if RV % does not differ much from 24 month.

You can’t guess the MF without knowing other missing variables

But I really doubt it’s that high

waiting on his response but I am seeing these numbers online for RV on this model:
48% for the 24/7500
47% for the 36/7500

that would mean the 36 month is a no brainer if I intend to purchase?

You really need to know the MF for the finance/lease decision. If you 100% know you are going to purchase the car, maybe take a look at low interest programs. If you go to Edmunds, you can verify these RV values as well as find the buy-rate MF.

From the RV information you provided, the 36 month makes a lot more sense for leasing. However, this is not going to have as much of an effect as the MF would.

Base MF is already very high, checked on Edmunds today. Dealer seems to be giving 17% discount before the $14k Audi allowance (assuming this is in CA and no other incentive is at play) so it is very likely that they are marking up the MF as much as allowed…

You should just buy it if the same selling price applies when 0% financing is used. Your monthly payment will be maybe $50 more but you will be building equity with every payment whereas with the lease a good chunk of your monthly payment goes to interest…

1 Like

I know exactly which car and dealer this is - I’d purchase this with 0% APR, 0 DAS for 72 months, this is one of the rare times where it might make more sense than a lease (for a car like this).

1 Like