2019.5 QX60 LUXE FWD $57095 MSRP / $329+tax / SoCal / VPP+Loyalty+Conquest / Standard Drive Off

Is it just in Cali that they are issuing loyalty as well? Don’t see that to be the case in the north east. Can this be verified?

Update: Today I received the standard email soliciting a review: “Your recent sales experience - 2 minutes” The email came from INFINITI Americas.

I filled it out and skewered the GSM, as he deserved.

2 hours later the GSM himself calls my cell phone ranting and raving. “I wish you never set foot in my dealership.” “I lost over $3,000 on this car.” Blah blah blah. Refused to acknowledge any culpability, or why my credit card had to be credited $1k after the deal was completely rewritten in F&I.

Anyway, word to the wise: Be ready to defend your review to the person you’re reviewing.

And hey, Infiniti, if you’re listening, if you want people to leave honest reviews, at least have a policy not to allow the person being reviewed to call and berate the reviewer. What a joke.

3 Likes

Damn that so dumb on their part to call you after the fact. No Class… IDK with infiniti but with Toyota if you try to influence the survey the way they did that is considered a strike against the dealership and is a HUGE deal.

You should report your post-survey harassment to Infiniti Corporate

1 Like

@Max_g We think alike! In fact, my first call after I hung up with the GSM was to Infiniti corporate. They said, in essence, “sometimes those surveys are sent by the dealership so they receive the responses.” I said how shocked I was that I had to relive the experience by getting a talking to from the GSM I reviewed. Seasoned con-artist GSM vs rookie car buyer. Not a fair fight.

Anyway, this was just the initial 2 minute survey…I’ll have at least one more bite at the apple soon enough. I do not plan to hold back. Scum of the scum.

1 Like

You could tweet about this and call them out. Trump would.
Let’s make leasing great again

7 Likes

Can you gift VPP to someone - friend / family ?

What did you say to Infiniti customer service to get VPP? Did they give it to you since you qualify for loyalty?

I talked to them about my prior Infiniti; it was really not difficult, but I did rely on having an existing Infiniti.

See:

The rules differ depending on who has VPP. If it’s an employee of one of the huge list of companies, then the rules are different than if the VPP holder is an employee of a Nissan-affiliated company, for example.

if i had a penny for everytime i heard this line :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Would you remember what was on the company name on the VPP claim certificate?

Check your PM.

Just messaged you asking if you were able to get Loyalty even though you no longer owned one (at least that’s how I interpreted your post). If so, what did you say to get it? Did you just call the Consumer Affairs number on the Infiniti website? Thanks.

Replied to your PM.

This is an amazing deal. How did you get your loyalty incentive. I asked two dealers in my area and they do not know anything about it. Well honestly they do not know much in general.

1 Like

I did nothing to get loyalty. It just happened. I don’t know how or why. I wish I had a magic formula.

From what I came to learn, only the dealer can look up whether you have a loyalty incentive. They can look it up by name/address and/or VIN number of your current Infiniti. Calling Infiniti Financial Services was useless.

I did not use a broker, but there are brokers on this site (@BiggL works in SoCal) who work with trusted dealers and may be able to help.

In hindsight, I am wishing I had worked with a broker. I am still fighting with the dealer where I leased my QX60…so yeah, I am happy with my deal, but they are STILL trying to screw me at every chance. It’s shocking.

Thanks for the info. LOL. It is their job to screw people, but this is why lease hacking is possible;)

Carmoss, I am going through a similar situation myself albeit in Chicago. In order to provide the 1500 conquest incentive, the dealer has increased the DAS, and adjusted the difference through a cap reduction. Is this the only way to do this?

In my final lease, the cap reduction was equal to the loyalty+conquest=$3000. Then there was a credit of that same amount, so the net drive off did not include the $3000.

The $1500 VPP came off the negotiated price of the car.

Hi Carmoss-

Congrats on fighting it out! I’m very envious of the deal you got. I just secured a very similar deal here in WA only to have the dealer RENEG on me after letting me drive off with the car. Long story short, I got:

QX60 Luxe, essentials package, MSRP $52220
39/12
Selling price 44500 (15% off) may have been a little lower
VPP, conquest, winter bonus - total 4K in incentives
4 MSDs @$2k
And I negotiated $1850 back to me as a credit to pay off my existing lease

They too a whole day to approve it, but I got $369/mo after tax, zero drive off except MSDs. Sales manager was so slammed that they shook my hand, told me I could sign the next day and handed me the keys, and said the deal was good. Two days went past and another sales manager called to say they couldn’t do the deal, because it lost them $6000. Baloney. My wife and gave the GM so much hell he literally gave me a check for $1850 for our trouble.

So the real question is, are these QX60 deals mainly happening in CA? Washington is a tough state to buy a car - seems like people are willing to pay more to not negotiate - I think it’s a cultural thing. I’m originally from socal btw… but I’ve had 2 dealers now tell me that they couldn’t take 15 off mark without losing 6 grand. I don’t buy it.