2019 430i coupe loaner deal - how to improve?

Not sure exactly what your doing wrong with the calc but if they offer you base MF at 10/12k miles you might be better off taking that and then just buying the miles from bmwfs

1 Like

I have a hard time with my worksheet getting the numbers to align, but I’m pretty sure that is due to your wacky taxes. Anyway, I dumped all the fees other than DMV into the doc fee field ($1014.50).

.00205 (.00165 + .0004) is the max markup allows by BMWFS.

1 Like

Hve not calculated that with higher MF thanks for reminding me of that, as it just never made sense with base MF. I will check if they can do that.

After all my just go the assumption route for an x3 that will have 15k for 1 year after driving it back.

Also your residual would be bumped up too if they give you base MF on a 24/10 I think it would make sense

Dealer doesn’t care if you do 10k/12k/15k or 24/36 months. They are just making excuses to markup the MF. The terms isn’t why they are or won’t mark it up, so no need to ask for 10k with base MF.

2 Likes

Not according to the wiki here:

Pretty sure the Wiki is wrong. I’ve posted to confirm with some BMW dealers on here.

I’d see it just as an extra way of making money, so temax discount is actually not the max in the end. Will give it a try see if there is any room there before calling it quits on this one.
I will try an old 18 x3 loaner with them after this given they have quite a few. What would you guys consider a good monthly with $0 DAS for 24/15 for an 18 x3 loaner (or lease assumption for that matter)?

Check out 430i and 440i in the Marketplace

Looking at one right now but with 36/10 it is really roughly the same price, not sure what I am missing but $0 DAS I wonder if a much better deal can be had on 430i coupe, not gran coupe

As y ou stated, no difference in MF based on term just generally marked up. Either way, no other dealer wanted to eve give a greater discount , so even if they were not to mark up the MF they’d still be higher overall…

On a sidenote, what do you guys think is realist on remaining 2018 loaner x3 that can still be leased (FL only it seems)? I feel 20% is low , but is it a realistic expectation to aim for 30%?

I am really curious guys in terms of good vs bad deal.

So this deal 24/15 $0 DAS NO broker fee. I made both for 24/15, no MSD, waive acquisition fee

Just one from MArket Place, it is a 430 xi and gran coupe was RWD and coupe… rest of equipment is the same

• Total of $828 cheaper, so $34.50
  • As it is a broker deal and after $500 fee you are left with $328 or around $14 off (well we could even apply .

→ If I apply the $500 broker fee as 1 MSD difference shrinks to $736
, then after broker fee $236 or around $10/month.

I highly doubt any dealership would give you 30% off on an x3 unless maybe it has like 9,900 miles on it but then it wouldn’t qualify for incentives, suvs are hot right now and residuals are low for them, 30% seems very very unlikely but give it a shot
Plus having 15k miles your going to take a pretty decent residual hit on an already not that great residual and the mileage will kill the residual as well

Use the calculator and see what monthly you’re at with a 30% discount make sure to adjust residual for mileage. Then if it works for you, you can target that car specifically

That is what i thought. Just looking at incentives of $2250 vs $7250 for the 430, looks like a 12 month lease assumption will be a better deal on a higher spec X3.

I did the numbers with 30% discount and those look ok, won’t hurt to try I will see what can be done.

Yup doesn’t hurt just takes a bit of time but worth it I guess maybe you hit the jackpot, I would however aim for as close to 20% you can get on a 2018 x3 (if still leaseable) and under 5000 miles loaner

Also do you qualify for Loyalty / college grad

Yep accounted for loyalty I think thats $1,250 lease cash and $1,250 loyalty so pretty low … With 20% the numbers are too high in my opinion and come to be higher and a better specced lease assumption for 1 year on a 35i vs base 30i x3

Yeah the x3 is not going to be a better deal than the 430/440

Get this delivered to you 1st car

We ended up doing it locally. Nothing comapred to some other deals, but convenience and all won.

Comapred to the broker you linked above, if I also do 0 MSD, $0 DAS and change to 24/15

• It is $920 cheaper in total for the 23 payments - $500 broker fee
  • around $300 for the miles used to drive it back
  • time and flight getting up there…

Our deal was with marked up MF, did not wantt o bump MF and wive acq fee, only positive was the $1k applied from OL code to loaner.Overall I do not think it is a great, but not as bad of a deal :slight_smile:
$51k msrp, monthly $458 including taxes, 0MSD, $0 DAS

Indeed takes much time and effort and this was nice to wrap it up, and with a few extra days the x3 turn in is next week (already extended 3 months haha)… so just works the best