2019 430i coupe loaner deal - how to improve?

Hi guys,

So far was able to get them to about 18% off MSRP still need them to change to 24/15 and waive acquisition fee, but I see they marked up MF by the max, anything else you see wrong ?

This sheet makes absolutely no sense to me. You’re certainly not at 18% off.

Yeah that doesn’t look right.

I am confused myself.

The MSRP of the car is listed at $51,835 at 18% off it would be $42,472. I see it in the cap side of things and assumed they used some of the $7,250 for incentives and rest to reduce cap , so $0 DAS. Is that correct?

For 24/15, they said they always mark up MF on all leases. Anything else I am missing here?

• To me ot seems lease cash & loyalty $7,250 is split for DAS and as Cap reduction. The vehicle price - vehicle profit gets me to the 18% off from MSRP.

Besides asking them to waive acquisition fee, anything else that can be done in your opinion? They would not budge more on discount which seemed to have worked with non marked up MF, but now pushed it much higher that way of course.

What’s your deal as of now
P/mo
Total DAS?
507 w/ 0 DAS?
Also what incentives are they giving you it seems split between some of it being used for sales price and some of it as ccr

Based on the sheet $507 with $0 DAS for 24/15 on $51k 430i loaner

You’re missing everything IMO. This sheet makes absolutely no sense and I have no clue what the dealer is doing.

Keep it simple. Get these numbers from them.

MSRP?
Vehicle Selling Price exclusive of rebates?
Rebates?
MF?
Any other additions to cap cost, besides acq/tax/govt fees?

Das it. Then you can calculate payments yourself with whatever term you want.

4 Likes

The worksheet actually has all of the information listed. The thing that worsens this deal is the marked up MF and outrageously high doc and electronic filing fees

1 Like

So the BMWFS rebate is $4,934.71?? Selling price is $46,521.12? Or $44,800? Or $42,471.12?

The sheet sure does have a lot of numbers. I have my doubts if any of them are actually the vehicle selling price or the BMWFS rebate.

Tell them: “For 24/15, I always pay base MF on all leases”.

1 Like

MSRP: $51835
Sales price before incentives: $42471
Incentives: $7250
MF: .00205

It seems to be a true sign and drive deal. The $7250 incentive is used to cover $2375.11 in drive-off fees and the rest is used as CCR ($4874.89).

3 Likes

That’s how I read it too.
Thoughts on the deal?

all I can think of adding it and I don’t know if it makes a difference but waive the acquisition fee and mark up the money factor more you know how that impacted with you already marked up money factor and to apply the MSDS

this was the only dealer that wanted to go higher with discount all the other ones say the max was around there was 11 12%

If you have OL Code you can do $500 to $1000 less

Waiving acquistion should help on the 24 month lease as well as maxing your MSDs insert it into the calculator and check to be sure before going back to them.
Also pretty sure that’s the reason they marked up MF, because the huge discount the doc fee really kills you but I guess that’s what it is in FL

I would still try pushing for a lower MF maybe not base but still lower the good thing is that on a 24 month lease it doesn’t harm you as much as it would on the 36 month but still makes it worse than the base

You’re right! I’ve never seen a sheet written like this, it’s very unnecessarily confusing (probably intentionally) :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

So I’d say actual monthly it’s $485 given $0 das.

And yes very confusing, and yes Rip off dealer fee in Florida.however all other dealers didn’t want to go further than 10 maybe 12% off so the additional discount makes up for the dealer fee and not having to drive for 8 or more hours.

Thoughts on the price from you guys?

I still think it’s a lot for a loaner 430 coupe but maybe it’s good in Florida standards
And I’m probably not the best person to listen to on what a good price is lol

Well it’s below 1% on 24/15 vs most 36/10 or 36/12, and yep it’s Florida. Just trying to get to the maximum possible for the deal, not sure yet if I will pull the trigger or another lease assumption.

How do you enter the fees and upfront taxes into the calculator? I added the total fees into dealer fees and the upfront taxes into government fees and am now getting a higher payment than they are…

I’ve seen a sheet like this used one other time here on LH and my impression of it was it’s intention is to confuse the buyer into accepting a deal by overloading the buyer with useless and superfluous information. The format of the lease sheet is confusing as well. It appears it’s supposed to simplify things, but it doesn’t.

Either way, I think this is a bad deal for a loaner 430i. Get base MF on it.

1 Like

I tried reaching out to a few dealers, some out of state and those would not budge on the discount side beyond 12% or so.

I had 2 dealers up north even quote me crappier than down here on monthly payments…

Options right now are really

• 430i loaner 24/15 lease
  • x3 m sport lease assumption that comes in around $530 including tax (wife prefers x3 but open to 4 series if numbers make sense)
    -after maxing out the 4 series deal I will see if they willing to go 25%+ on 2018 x3 as and see if those numbers make sense.

Lease assumptions seem really the only way to get a decent/good deal down here with 15k miles.