2018 VW Tiguan has hit the dealers

This doesn’t look like too bad of a deal on the Wolfsburg, at 21% off MSRP. I entered the numbers on the calculator to get to what they had, and then did zero down, and it seem to be coming right around the 1% rule. I’m not quite ready to pull the trigger but I think we will see more of these deals pop up over next few months.

http://www.vwhayward.com/tiguan-specials.htm

The 2017 is the smaller one they are giving those and the atlas away right now. But the 2018 isn’t seeing much of a discount yet. The best I got was 6% off and a MF of 0.00070 with 60% residual for a 18 SEL premium.

I need bonus cash, get closer to 10/13% of or lower MF. I know this is a lot to ask but we shall see how desperate they get in December.

2 Likes

I have almost 6 months left on my lease but I’ve started my research. The Atlas launch edition got my attention haven’t seen much ads or pricing. What’s the lease you’re seeing I’m looking for 36/12k in NYC

They are doing employee pricing in the Boston area-

1 Like

I recently sealed the deal on a 2018 SEL Premium 4motion for $415/mo + tax. No cap cost reduction, but opted to pay the acquisition fee as part of the drive-off costs.

I recognize this isn’t particularly on topic but I just rented a Tiguan this weekend and figured I’d review it here. It was about as mediocre as words can describe, so in case you haven’t driven one, here you go!:

• Adjusting the side view and rear view windows was a PITA
  • Sunglass holder was surprisingly small
  • Cruise control unintuitive but pretty easy to use
  • Carplay functioned well but often took several tries to identify device
  • Speakers and max audio were quite good
  • Aesthetically it’s quite ugly
  • Sporty pedals
  • Touch sensors on door to lock/unlock were annoyingly temperamental (similar to Dodge’s Charger)
  • Push button start required you to hold it down for an awkward couple of seconds for ignition
  • Middle console was small but at least it slid forward
  • Overall the build felt a little bit off for a compact SUV. It felt like you could never really sit at a comfortable height or space relative to the doors and dash. The driver’s seat was very adjustable but never really felt like you were in the right place relative to everything else upfront. Hard to describe, and I don’t experience this often but I certainly did in the Tiguan.

My favorite things about the car were the Carplay and audio.

Overall rating: 4/10

Are you sure you drove a MY 2018 Tiguan? The SEL Premium 4motion that I just leased doesn’t have a sunglass holder, nor does the middle console slide forward. The side mirrors are the standard knob as most other cars.

It may not have been. It had 2k miles on it so I just assumed it was a MY18

They also have the 2018 “Limited” edition, which is the same build as the 2017 edition.

the car itself is a crap

1 Like

You can’t say the 2018 Tiguan sucks and then describe the old (much shorter) model. Hint, the new model has room for a standard 3rd row on FWD models. I bought (not leased) an AWD SE with panoramic sunroof for $27.7k +TTR. Its on par quality-wise with the 2007 BMW X3 it replaced (actually it handles better and has a quieter cabin).

Included 6 year warranty and good resale value of SUVs, plus the horrible lease rates from VW right now made us buy rather than lease.

1 Like

I test drove the 2018 SE Tiguan and it blows the rogue out of the water. In my opinion it is the best small suv I have driven. I’m gonna wait and see if the deals get better. They only wanted to give me 5% off.

What is TTR??..

Tax, title, registration?

Thanks!..

I maybe wrong, but I had a passat, the resale value was the wrost.

Yeah the $27.7k included all the BS like the Destination fee and the Doc Fee and the add ons like the monster mats and car-go blocks and first aid kit. VWs do have bad resale but SUVs in general have good resale, so I’m assuming that it’ll end up being decent. Especially with the 6 yr warranty.

I used TrueCar to get this price. The VW dealer in my area normally posts really good deals on TrueCar. I’m currently leasing a 2016 Jetta S with manual transmission for $142/mo 36/12 zero down that I got at the same dealership. All I had to do was make them honor their TrueCar price.

My rouge lease is up this summer. Was hoping to upgrade to something a little better. What was so much better.

I like the SEL premium online. Even barely getting anything off - calc says under $400. How are people paying more! What am I missing.

They recently lowered the MSRP, and I’m guessing improved the MF or RV.

1 Like