2018 Volvo XC60 T5 Momentum - Los Angeles - $498

Supposedly. Email starts off saying, here’s your costco quote. I asked to remove excess wear and tear and factor in the MSDs…here’s the revised quote. This is on a $48,655 MSRP.

No problem! The quote below is following the same info in the last quote with 10x MTD and without Excess Wear & Use.

Security Deposit: 6000.00
Payment: 549.75 per month

Just look at the sales price. A straight Costco/A-Plan deal is 6% off MSRP before the $750 incentive and they aren’t giving you that.

Hmmm…that’s a bit low. I will say that I got CC down to $559 before tax on my $52,990 MSRP car after like a couple hours of back and forth (I had a starting quote from SM and Galpin first). Once we got it down to that number pre-MSDs, I went in and negotiated a teeny bit further and then mentioned the MSDs. I think I saved at least $40/month with the MSDs.

Like I said, they may be super low-balling you because they know you’re going to apply MSDs. I’d take that initial quote to Galpin (they’re shady af but will quote you anything to get you in the door) and ask them to beat it; that you’re interested in the car but you’re looking to pay closer to $550/month with $1k down. They’ll give you a pretty good deal, you can choose to ask for a bit more off. Take that price to SM and ask them to beat it, with and without MSDs, so you see where you’re at. They will, especially if you tell them that if you can agree to a good offer, you’ll come in on Friday (you’re obv not going to but they’ll bite if they hear an exact day). Take THAT new number without MSDs, present it to CC, ask them to beat it. They will. Go in to the dealership, negotiate further, then add MSDs.

Be direct, don’t continue too much back and forth. A Q&A with an Audi Internet Sales Manager on here gave me a really good understanding of how sales works. They don’t really like when you mention MSDs and ask too many times for quotes. The longer you talk to them, the less likely they think you’ll be to buy from them. So keep these interactions short and don’t waste their time TOO much with the back and forth.

1 Like

Reply back with exactly what you want. Spell out the whole deal.

I could be a crackhead, but this is ideal:

T5 Momentum (if they’re trying to push R Design or Inscription at same MSRP, cool)
Convenience Package
Vision Package
Advanced Package (huge plus)
Bowers + Wilkins upgrade would be nice, but not deal breaker
Blonde/Amber/Maroon interior…anything but black in the california sun!
Like most of the exterior colors offered, but if possible, Osmium or Pine Grey
36 mo
7500mi
$0 down
10x Multiple Security Deposits
Costco A Plan + $750 + any other incentive
Drop off my fully loaded 2016 Mada CX-5 GT with 20,000mi on a 30,000mi lease at their partner Mazda dealership on the same lot in hopes of negotiating price down

Monthly: $450 inc tax

Am I off my rocker?

Remove the excess stuff. Pick an exact car from their inventory and type out a whole deal. If you will be nonspecific (This color or that etc) then they know they are dealing with a noob and hence the deal they sent.
Dont mention your old lease. Odds are it is more of a hinderance than a benefit.

Also you can’t just come up with 450 from thin air. When you put in the best scenario into the calculator what payment do you get. This is all just math.

1 Like

Treat the Volvo and Mazda as separate transactions. You need to check the buyout of your Mazda to see if you have positive or negative equity.

1 Like

Calc wont let me choose 7500 as option?

$5k spread on a private party sale…but feels tight with 1 month left and 10 day grace period to avoid sales tax in CA.

$5k if I get super lucky…

The miles selected doesn’t matter. Just make sure the RV is correct.

No dealer will every give private party. See what shift.com or carvana gives you.

Yeah, that’s a stretch. Treat the two transactions separately, as they said.

If you take out the potential money you could make on the Mazda, you could get to $450 BEFORE tax if you remove the B&W.

R-Design has a more favorable lease, if I remember correctly, so you may do better with that.

How’s this look:

T5 MOM AWD
Convenience + Vision packages
Navigation + 12.3" display
20" Wheels
Heated seats + wheel
Protection package w/all weather mats
Pine Grey / Amber

MSRP $50,055
Sale Price: $44,401
Dealer Discount + Rebate: $5,654
36/7500
$0 down
$1,379 drive off
10x MSD = $6,000
Residual: $29,181.90
MF: .00009
Doc Fee: $80
Acq Fee: $695
License + Reg: $405
Monthly: $452.90 + tax

2 Likes

Solid deal for sure…I will say that Advanced Package would be better and more useful than Nav but I know the supply is limited and most models with Advanced would be more expensive. I thought the reason I wanted the Advanced was for the 360 cam but I actually appreciate the active bending lights that are in the Advanced package more. So if you don’t need either, you’ll be fine because the parking sensors + backup camera will be more than enough.

If you’re good with it, go for it! I love the Pine Grey color, it’s the best one!

The other good thing is that there are many more available models packaged like this one, so you could work with other dealerships to try to beat that price. But $450 is def solid.