2018 Volvo XC60 T5 Momentum - Los Angeles - $498

What are you talking about? You forgot that couple of years ago or even last year RVs were in low 50s on 36/10 Volvos? 60% is great for Volvo, they’ve never been in the 60s on 36 months, as far as I remember.

2 Likes

@Ursus @vhooloo technically it’s 57% lol

Actually that is a pretty good residual for 36 months.

1 Like

Good looking car (and I don’t typically say that about SUVs)!

1 Like

@max_g Thank you! I agree!

Thanks for sharing. Looking to talk to Volvo this month about a xc60 myself!

1 Like

@Jws Go for it! Prices are definitely starting to drop. I’m sure they’ll be good around Memorial Day and definitely in June for Midsummer. I just couldn’t wait, haha.

1 Like

New to Leasehackr, and coming up on my 2nd lease ever. Pretty new to the game, so go easy on me!

I’m also in LA area, and Culver City + Santa Monica locations would be easiest for me. I’m looking to get:

XC60 T5 AWD
Convenience, Advanced, Vision packages
Prefer Osmium/Pine exterior or a maroon/blonde interior (but not critical)
Have Costco membership
Can max out the MSD
36mo/7500 or 10k

Building my “ideal” car on Volvo’s site, I end up with
MSRP $50,395
Destination Fee $995

Can you explain how the Costco deal + A Plan discounts work? Is it as simple as 50,395 - 3000 - 750 - whatever other negotiations I can make? A good deal is ~10% off MSRP?

Thanks!

It’s Costco or A-Plan. They are identical and result in the same discounts/incentives. On the XC60, I think it’s just an extra $750 incentive right now, not $3k.

Awesome, go straight to Tony Tehrani the Internet Sales Manager at Culver City if that’s where you choose to go. I talked to SM but they sucked. Tony was incredibly straightforward and easily the best salesman I met after doing 2 other leases in the last 6 months for my mom and husband…

I know for sure that the Osimium Grey T5 with Maroon interior that’s like $53k has been there since I got my car almost 2 months ago so you may be able to get a killer deal on that particular car. It’s stacked! It’s got the B&W audio which was a must for me. I almost got that one but preferred the Pine Grey/Charcoal for $1k less.

The Costco deal is pretty good, but you can probably negotiate even further from the Costco deal, which is what I did. Start by signing up on Costcoauto.com and registering for the deal. They’ll give you a code and the nearest participating dealer. I know CC Volvo is one, not sure if SM is but I think it is as well. Then email Tony (ttehrani@culvercityvolvo.com) with a couple links to cars you’re considering. Tell him you have the Costco deal and he’ll give you the Costco price.

Hackrs suggest getting 10% off even before the Costco deal but that’s hard. A good deal would be 1% of the MSRP monthly, with all the rebates/deals/negotiations considered. 1% after tax is amazing, but before tax is solid too. If you go for that 53k car, you can probably get it down to $45, $46k all in. Get it down to negotiations as much as possible before you walk in the door, you’ll prob be at like $530 or less. Wait til you’re in the dealership to even bring up MSDs, just make it seem like you’re looking for a true zero down offer. They’d be more willing to negotiate further if they don’t know you know about MSDs. I mentioned MSDs too early and lost out on a few bucks there I think… Make sure you know what the Money Factor and Residual Values should be to make sure they don’t mark that up but they were very transparent with me on that.

Also, don’t go in on a Saturday. It’s a small dealership and you may be stuck waiting if you do… Hope that helps! Let me know how it goes, I’ll be happy to help!

1 Like

You say that LeaseHackrs suggest 10% off, which is hard to get, but then you suggest 12-14% off? :thinking:

Well 10% off $53k+ before deals is $48k-ish…the Costco deal is employee pricing + $750 off so it’s something like $4k off (I don’t quite remember), so that would be like ~$44k if you did 10% off before additional promotions. This would be very tough on most other XC60s except one where a dealer has more motivation to sell.

I believe I implied that that particular $53k car has been sitting for more than 3 months so that’s where he can get a really good deal. This may not happen if it’s a brand new car at a lower price or popular trim/option level. A $53k Momentum is a bit much since that’s T6 or T5 Inscription pricing, so that’s why it’s been sitting so long. I didn’t want to get too specific but here I am…

Costco/A-plan deal is 6% off MSRP + $750 off. That isn’t on top of whatever discount you negotiate. Users on here say to negotiate 10% off, then apply the $750 off.

I see, I must have read the advice wrong then. There are some people definitely negotiating 10% off before other incentives, like on the S90 and other sedans, though.

This is why I think the 1% rule is much clearer for beginners. I am definitely not a Trusted Hackr lol, just trying to teach what I’ve learned in a few short months on this forum! Either way, I still think my advice is still pretty solid. I guess it’s just the Internet Way to nitpick…

I’ve seen a lot of people getting 13-14% on XC60/90 (non-T8) not including the Costco $750 Rebate (+$250 GC). Note that the $2000 dealer incentive is baked into the 13-14%, most people seem to misunderstand that.

1 Like

Throwing out the 13-14% off is the confusing part.
Volvo deals are simple.
Try to get 10% off msrp as the dealer discount. Then to that add whatever incentives volvo is offering then and the A plan $750 for the suv.

1 Like

Would you say the 10% off is inclusive of registration and fees? Or just the price of the car?

FWIW, before fees, my car was $47,321, about 10.7% before the additional $750.

So on a $53,890 MSRP…
$48,501 (10% off starting) then - dealer incentive $2,000 - $750 Costco =
$45,751 target price?

Or you think the ~$2,750 of discounts will be baked into the $48,501 number?

Are you sure there is $2k dealer incentive on the XC60 in SoCal? I only see it on the XC90.

shoot you’re right…its $1,000 on the xc60.

so is my target price $46,751? roughly 13%, but understand that that’s a long shot and likely closer to $48,000 more realistic