2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - $273/month

I sent a message to you both for the dealer info.

If only you could use a credit union for Toyota lease here in Los Angeles!

Hi good afternoon brother, Iā€™m trying to get into a Tacoma TRD off road automatic or manual
My question is, if my credit isnā€™t tier one is tropical financial CU gonna just deny me or will the money factor just increase? Should I go through the credit union or TFS I already called tropical and they told me exactly what dealers to go through I also work for Baptist health and get the Tacoma 2-5% under invoice
Any input would help thanks
670 EQ

Captives and most FI or credit unions set their own standards as to what they consider Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, etc. credit. I would say youā€™re probably looking at Tier 2 or maybe Tier 3 money factor rates, depending on the lender. You may be able to get the MF rate tiers for TFS from Edmunds but I wouldnā€™t recommend going through them anyway because itā€™s high to begin with.

I would try to go through a credit union if you can, @RVguy can probably provide you with participating credit unions in your area and you can check with Toyota dealers to see if they are contracted with that CU. The credit unions generally have a strong RV and lower money factor than TFS. I also believe CULA credit unions also offer a damage waiver and include GAP on their leases, something TFS does not do.

1 Like

Last question is, is the residual value of this truck the same for every lender . Is it negotiable? Iā€™ve talked to tropical financial but they didnā€™t specify

1 Like

RV can vary by lender but itā€™s not negotiable.

Toyota Kendall , saying they have never heard of tropical and doing lease through them. Should I just walk out?

donā€™t listen to your sales guy, talk to the finance dept

Pens, Iā€™m currently in Ohio looking to lease a Tacoma. Mind messaging me the dealer info? Thanks in advance

Hi! Could I possibly have the lease detailed emailed to me as well? Thanks!

PMs sent to both of you.

You should be able to get sub $300 pmt in California now with less than 1k down on 10k miles in most trim

I was looking at the cheapest model, but it was only slightly cheaper than sr5

Back in April I got a TRD Sport Cement color stick shift for $312 including wear and tear ($297 with out). 9 MSDā€™s and first month due at signing. Toyota of Weston. I left some money on the table realizing after the contract was signed. Could have been $275 w/o wear and tear.

Good luck.

-Rejo-

1 Like

Hello Pensfan83! would you mind sending me the dealer where you leased you Tacoma TRD Sport? I live in Ohio have been looking for midsize truck shopping between Tacoma and Colorado.

many thanks,
John

COSS1600 where are the sub $300 did you find the deal. My friend has been trying to get under $300 for a TRD sport for over six months and there arenā€™t any in SD and SOCAL. I just got a zero down lease with zero drive offs for $390 and in San Diego I got as low as $354.

Did you add in max msds

Unfortunately, Toyota in SOCAL (Tustin) and SD doe snit do MSDs because the MF is very low.

We can do MSD up to 9 on Tacoma

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s. Dealership thing but it should be a toyota financial thing unless u r using us bank itā€™s a different story

I ended up leasing a ā€˜18 TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB M6 for $290 with $0 down from Toyota Direct in Columbus.

2 Likes