2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - $273/month

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: [2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab 4x4 Manual]

MSRP: [$36,627]
Selling Price: [$34,119] ~7% discount

Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [10,000]

MF: [.00180]
Residual: [82%l]

Security Deposit: [$0]
Total Due At Signing: [$675]
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$273]

Zip Code: [15102]
Sales Tax Rate: [10%]

Leasehackr Score: [11.8]

First off this wasn’t my deal but one I helped a friend secure this past week since I’m more experienced with leasing than he is. I thought I would share for anyone looking for a great deal on a new Tacoma. After scouting around Toyota dealers in PA the leases here simply aren’t competitive at all as most use Ally Bank or TFS and for the former the RV is high (88%!) but so is the MF at .00330. Toyota uses it’s standard money factor of .00225 but the RV are lower. The residual value listed here is only available on this specific model so far as I know and the lender is US Bank as the truck was purchased from a dealer in Ohio. I read some of the horror stories online about leasing through them but for a price that is around $75 less than any dealer in PA could do I think it’s worth it. It’s also a nice truck to boot. All the accessories (tonneau cover, mud guards, all weather mats (similar to the Weather Tech mats), and TRD shift knob were included in the MSRP so they were residualized as well.

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but how do you go about leasing through a bank other than the default Toyota leasing service? Do you have to specifically ask to lease through us bank?

When I reached out to dealers I specifically asked if they used lenders other than TFS and if so to run the numbers through TFS and the 3rd party banks. Generally TFS wasn’t competitive at all at any of them but neither was Ally quite frankly. With some assistance from the one of the Edmunds mods who leased this exact same truck last summer I narrowed my scope down to dealers who were contracted with US Bank and since Ohio is in their retail footprint, I started there.

You may also find dealers who are contracted with local credit unions as well. Based on info from @RVguy there is a credit union in Central PA he could have gone through as well and saved even more since the RV was the same and the MF was around .00030 lower. However when I was looking at dealer inventory within 250 miles none of this model came up that far east.

@pensfan83 I was originally looking to lease a full sized truck, but looks like you got a great deal on the tacoma!! Do you think that deal could be replicated? Would you mind forwarding me all the details? I live in MA but have found that good/great truck leasing deals are hard to come by…

I’m currently in Ohio looking for the same truck. Do you know which dealer they bought it from?

Messages sent to both of you.

I appreciate it. Thank you!

Is the 82% residual with Ally?

I found US Bank is currently at 36,627 msrp with 29,104 residual for 36/12k.

Could you please PM me the dealer info?

Thanks!

82% was through US Bank and for 10K miles. I think 12K is 80%.

Is it possible to get this truck in automatic for a payment around $300? I’m in the Nyc area but would be more than willing to travel/fly for a great dealstrong text

1 Like

It might be possible, but it all depends on the RV and your negotiated sale price. My understanding is the most optimal terms for a sub-$300 payment on a Tacoma through US Bank are on the TRD Sport Double Cab 4x4 Manual.

I think I answered all PMs and questions, sorry for the delay everyone.

1 Like

Please forward the dealer name to this fellow Pens fan as well. I’d appreciate it!

Done!

Thanks for the dealer info!

Hey pensfan83, could you please forward me the dealer info too? Much appreciated.

If you’re in Eastern, PA i used Doylestown. Very easy to deal with.

Did they give you a comparable deal like the one pensfan was describing?

I posted my deal in trophy garage. Same model, but auto trans, 12k/24 & I did a 1 pay through TFS. I believe they also use credit unions and other banks. Their selling price was good, so it may be a good starting point for you.

I was wondering if could pm the dealer