2018 Tiguan S in LA

Slightly off topic
Possible to aim for 20% off on Atlas too?

And then what happened ?

I hit them back asking for 15% off. They haven’t responded yet.

Do you have any updates, I am about to start my tour and was wondering if you ended up to get your car at the desired price.

So good news is I managed to get the price down by a few more bucks.

$29150 MSRP
$313/m inc tax, w just first month due at signing

3 dealers matched this pricing within a few bucks of each other (almost 12% off msrp) so I am sure a hacker with more patience and skill than me could get it down to $300 all in easily. (Although they said they were losing $ at the first number, but I am sure they can be squeezed for a little more).

Bad news is that I found out the hard way that Credit Karma and the dealers credit scoring system differs greatly. CK was showing me at 720/760 so I thought I was in the clear to get Tier 1 pricing. VW Finance showed 620. I dont have any negative items on my report, I have just never made use of credit much, and currently only have 1 secured CC which I got in June. They wanted to see 3 lines of credit with at least one of them being 1 yr old. So I have decided to step away from a lease for now, and work on building my credit report first.

That said, PM me if anyone wants the dealer info. I can tell them my friend is willing to take over the offer since I can’t do it.

As for my overall review, honestly all of the dealers in LA I talked to were overall friendly and ready to make deals. They all are sitting on tons of stock. I was upfront that I wanted their best price and would be comparing them to the competition. Almost all of them gave me a great number to start.

Downtown VW was honestly the nicest, no pressure sales tactics, straight shooting out of all of them. Would be leaning towards going with them even if they were more expensive than other dealers.

The only one I can definitely give thumbs down to is Timmons. Their advertised pricing is definitely deceptive, which is an immediate turn off to me. It reads as a sign and drive, with no first payment, but they still have a drive off that is the same as the other guys. Which means they have some crazy doc fee or something. Didn’t bother to get a deal sheet bc I could see what they were doing and at that point they were off the list.

I am shocked ! Shocked I tell you ! That car dealers use deceptive advertising.

By the way, you still don’t know if your deal(s) are what was promised until you actually show up and see. Sometimes things have a way of changing. And not usually in a good way.

Thanks for you the helpful threat. I’m actually in the market for a new 2018 Tiguan. The S model is all i need. My goal is to do 0 drive off and $200 including tax/month. Based on the MF and 61% residual on 10k miles, i’m Looking at 20% off MSRP. Any thoughts?

Hi, I haven’t seen any additional discounts, but I also have stopped looking for lease deals as I am just going to buy used for now. However It’s end of the month and I am sure they are more willing to negotiate. Good luck and let us know how you do!

Thanks, let me know if you come across anything special.

Just saw this on Galpin’s site… definitely the lowest advertised price I have seen. Should be @ $213 + driveoffs + tax on 24 mos. I would try to work these numbers to see if you can hit $200…

Thanks, i’ll Reach out to them and see if i can have them drop the initial $1k…

Mike - Did you start your tour and any results you would like to share? I’m thinking about leasing in the Bay Area. If anyone from Nor Cal have any info that they can share that would be great.

BigP - Sorry to hear about the credit history. I would have gone back to them and ask them to take the middle of the three credit score that they pull. The dealership will always use the lower score to underwrite, but that doesn’t really represent your ability to pay for the car. If they really want to close the deal they could have ask for an exception. Good luck!

Thanks @abstractj. I would definitely have just taken the hit and paid a little more on the lease, however was flat out denied by VW credit. The reason that came back was that I have zero history of installment loans.

So for now I am planning to just buy a used CPO at a higher interest rate, pay on it for a year, and refinance through a credit union a family member belongs to. All good, I know in a few years my score will be prime and I can hack a great lease.

Guys, it doesn’t seem like Feb is a good time to lease a Tiguan. I have spoken to a few different places but the best i’ve gotten is $230 including tax with $1k drive off. I’ll keep looking but I’m sure March will be much better as it would the end of the quarter.

Nor Cal. Here’s the Ad that I saw:
$119 per month (exclude tax)
$3,800 total due at signing
24 months
10k per year
$27,305 msrp
$22,455 selling price
2018 Tiguan SE

Sell price is super aggressive, nearly 22% off msrp.
Can you tell me which dealer this is from? Thnx for your help btw.

VW of Hayward.

I’m a little hesitant buying it outright because it’s depreciation rate.

Thanks… hopefully I can get this discount (22% off msrp) for a 36 month lease.

Just saw this pop up on a banner ad. Works out to @ $220 a month with all drive offs on 7.5K, 24 mos

Looked around a bit and seems like all the dealers are doing President’s Day specials on similar pricing, so might be the right time to grind them a little more.

Are you sure about your math? i end up with 265