2018 Tiguan S - Habanero Orange - LA/Socal - $26,075 MSRP, $648 Driveoff / $177/mo plus tax, 36/10

local deal has this ad going on for Tiguan S 4 Motion

TTL DAS

Well, this will probably just get thrown in the landfill, but hereā€™s my 2 cents.

Iā€™m 100% satisfied with @rubbergash. So much that I tried to talk my wife into an Atlas SEL Premium (which she refused) just to work with him again. Prior to getting the VW, I worked with countless GM salespeople. And since, Iā€™ve worked with countless Acura and Lexus salespeople. None of them came even close to providing the level of communication, honesty, and service.

There are more than one way to hack a deal. With the VW, I just looked at the spreadsheet on Friday evening, looked up some reviews on the Tiguan, and spent a little over 90 minutes at the dealership on Saturday morning and walked out with a 1% deal. With my wifeā€™s Acura, I spent two weeks on leasehackr forums doing research, emailing and calling salespeople, only to get ignored when they didnā€™t like me going into detailed questions, getting calls during my work day (my bad for using my real phone number on Truecar) to try to get me to come into the dealership. I was spending so much time at work with the Acura lease, that my co-worker said that I could do this for other people and charge them. I said, ā€œYeah, theyā€™re called brokersā€. At the end, I felt satisfied with my wifeā€™s Acura MDX deal, not because of the price that I got, but because the salesperson just said the wrong things that werenā€™t truthful. Whereas, with my VW deal, I was ecstatic. It was just a better overall experience.

2 Likes

Why would it be?..

Local Atlanta dealer has: New 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan S.
MSRP $25,945.
$1,995 down.
$0 security deposit.
36 month lease with approved credit through Volkswagen Credit.
7,500 miles/year. Residual $15,567.
First payment due at signing. Price includes available incentives and cannot be combined with other offers. Price excludes tax, tag, and other governmental fees and customer selected options. Price includes the dealer service charge and title service fee.

Monthly payment advertised as 149/month. Wonder if this is a good deal? I have asked for a quote with 10K and zero down. Will post the details when I receive it.

Which dealer in ATL?

Uh no, 2k in ccr, 1st payment and ttl, gonna be close to 3k drive off.

Iā€™d rather take my keys out of my pocket than sit and stew on whatever nasty ass vinyl theyā€™ve put in the SE.

Nalley [quote=ā€œ3mw, post:46, topic:49537, full:trueā€]
Which dealer in ATL?
[/quote]

nalley Volkswagen

My son was successful in using the @rubbergash 2018 Tiguan S deal/numbers to pick up a 2018 Tiguan S tonight with a dealer in Sacramento. He had the college grad $500 bonus cash instead of the friends & family noted here.

I cannot get the deal sheet to match the calculator exactly but the numbers are is as listed in the calculator:

2018 TIGUAN S FWD
Color: Moss Green/Black
MSRP $25,900
Discount -$5,900
Total Sale $20000
Rebate (Recent College Grad) $500
Drive Offs $670 (first month, license/registration fees/tax)
24 months
12K miles
Acquisition fee $675 rolled in
MF .00120
RV 65%
$184.00 plus tax 8.25%
Actual Payment with tax is $199.18

Sorry @rubbergash - Seth was great to negotiate with and son was very close to leasing from him tomorrow but son was determined to keep payment under $200 a month (and persistent). I would recommend Seth. We were just $10 a month apart in the deal, but son in Sacramento and Seth in Carlsbad so logistically and financially it made sense to do the deal up north.

1 Like

Great deal! Is this for Fwd or awd? Any users from the northern VA area that has done this? Thanks!

My deal was for a FWD. @jaypol is getting AWD for $203 including tax also in the NoCal area, if you look up his deal recently posted.

1 Like

Start with Fitzmall, see what they can do, plus lower dealer fees. Then see what Stohlman and Linsday can do.

1 Like

Someone was looking in Atlanta, but the prices in Jacksonville seem to be no haggle close to 25% off MSRP.

Looking at the site the leasing specials arent so good but those are nice purchasing prices

I have not bought a car in Florida in a long time, but I know the dealer fees suck. I plugged in some numbers, and although the drive off is more expensive because of the dealer fee, and the registration might be just $225 instead of $400, not sure, I get the following numbers in the calculator, since VW MF and RV are national per trim, using 12/24 for term. Could be better with VW partner discount, college grad or friends and family if available.

Finally took the PLUNGE

Leased a Tiguan S this week from Olias Lynch, Fleet Manager at VW Southcoast, in OC.
The deal was exceptional and while I canā€™t post the details out of respect for Olias, it was better than what LH brokers have been quoting here, and very close to the infamous Timmons deal above (minus the Habanero).

The process was extremely smooth. I had started to email several SoCal VW dealers asking for a deal on the Tiguan S. Before I got to the bulk of the emails I planned to send, Olias emailed me and everything from there on was incredibly simple. His #s matched my #s, the car was the one I saw on their website, they delivered the car to my door, and the signing took about 15 minutes.

I can now report that VW allows up to 7x MSDs, and each one lowers the MF by .00007. The 7 MSDs x $250 = $1750 in refundable MSDs ā€œearnedā€ me interest because the payments were lowered by about $20/month (x 24m = $480). Effectively, an interest rate of about 12.6%/year (compounded daily) earned on my $1750.

Thanks to LH, I was confident that the deal was Hack-worthy. Thanks to Elias, it was the best (and briefest) leasing experience Iā€™ve ever had.

Love the car. It is certainly not the most powerful SUV out there, but it has 3 rows of seats, Car Play, nice looking cloth seats, and that German ride. Plus, the maintenance on this car is oil change every 10,000 miles. So I will have to bring it to the dealer (barring any mishaps) once next year and then the next time I bring it, it will be to return it. Thatā€™s almost free maintenance for the life of the lease!

The fact that it has a 6 year bumper-bumper warranty is moot for now, as we will only have it for 2 years, but for those who want to keep it, itā€™s tough to beat.

5 Likes

Could someone answer me if the VW MSD program is regional? I asked for it in Florida and they told me they didnā€™t have, and that may just be because their financing department havenā€™t tried it before.

PM me your sales guy. I have a relative in SoCal that will buy one tomorrow morning.

from edmunds: base mf for Tiguan S is 0.00120 for 24mo/12k miles

ā€œI can now report that VW allows up to 7x MSDs, and each one lowers the MF by .00049.ā€

something is off hereā€¦

1 Like

Edit: Removed, wrong thread