2018 Tiguan S for $175/month and $1600 DAS

I’m ready to jump on something tonight. How do these numbers look? My credit score is 707.

Sale price. $20489
Money factor. .00120
Residual. 59%
Acquisition. $675
36 months
10k miles per year
$182.52/month

Where are you located ?

Based on the username, Pennsylvania. Based on the doc fee, I’d say Philly area

I did a little better in CA - $650 drive off and $199/mo for 36/10, but my credit score’s a bit higher also, and I heard that that makes a difference. I also didn’t have to do any negotiation.

I’m actually in Lancaster, PA.

not being penalized as MF = 0.00120 (buy rate)

tax seems high; rate?

500 rebate is for what?

lease cash seems to be embedded in the large discount from msrp

Tax is 6%

It’s good that I’m not being penalized as MF, right?

$500 rebate is for college grad

1 Like

tweak this calc input to suit your needs. I wouldn’t put the 1500 down, roll it in:

something is still off with the tax at 622

$199 plus tax on one of @rubbergash’s deals?

1 Like

How about you rotate that image so we can actually read it?

1 Like

I asked, he doesn’t do deals outside of CA.

I just got back from signing. Changes:
– RV from 59% to 58% bc he forgot to when I requested 12k/yr
– college grad cash from $500 to $750.
– DAS $1600 (carMax of my beater which they matched)
– $175/month including taxes

I feel like I made out like a bandit. But the LH score is only 10.7. Can someone help me understand where I’m misunderstanding the deal, for my education? Thanks!!

Monthly Payment (Excl. Tax): $165
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $175
Drive-Off: $1,600
1st month payment: $175
Down payment: $966
Registration and doc fee: $348
Tax on cap cost reduction and fees: $111
Leasehackr Score: 10.7 years
Disposition Fee: $350
Total Lease Cost: $7,859

1 Like

You did well. Ten is a good score. The crazy scores you see are usually loaners or gm has done some crazy cheap deals. My exceptional 340 deal was a 14 and .6% of msrp monthly just tax and plates das. Enjoy the car.

2 Likes

Can you share the contact information of the dealer?

Haha. I felt like I made out like a bandit too. My total lease cost is $7832.

On my way home from work today (2.5 mile drive), my EPC light came on. The Tiguan became super sluggish and couldn’t keep up with traffic in a 50mph zone. At the next light, I turned the engine off, and restarted, and the EPC light disappeared and the car became normal again. I called the dealership service department when I got home, and they said that if it happens again, to bring it in. I’m guessing that this is normal for a VW. So there is a reason why there are better deals on the Tiguan than say a Rav4 or a CRV.

I contacted the internet sales division at the Faulkner VW Mechanicsburg PA dealership. But their first offer wasn’t the best. I had sent out about 30 emails beforehand to all the VW dealerships in a 120 mi radius, then brought the best offer to them and asked them to match it since they were closest.

Enjoy the car, don’t worry too much about the score now.

1 Like

I think you have the pulse of VW. My DW drove two separate VW Beetles over a 10 year span. We had a variety of odd little issues. None of them were showstoppers but all of them were annoying. To be fair though, neither of the VW’s cost us very much to own when you figure the all-in costs.

VW’s aren’t Toyotas

1 Like

Hi @PAmama I live in the area and would love to get a similar deal. can you dm me the dealers info?