2018 Tiguan S for $175/month and $1600 DAS

And they don’t drive like them, I rented a previous gen Camry for a road trip, what a terrible car. Couldn’t wait to get back in my base Jetta.

I also rented a Camry recently. I wouldn’t call it a terrible car but a sports car it was not.

I can’t get used to the new rental car classes. They now call a Camry a “Full-size” car. When I think of a full-size car I think of something like a Mercury Grand Marquis or a Buick Park Avenue not a Camry.

My favorite is when they try to get you to pay for an upgrade and then they just end up giving you that car anyway because they out of what you reserved. Midsize car=fullsize rental

1 Like

Not sure an MGM has any more usable interior or trunk volume than a current Camry.

1 Like

Ah Contraire, Full Size used to mean you could fit 6 adults comfortably. Try that with a Camry.

Guess we’ll disagree on what defines “comfortably”

But there’s no argument the market has spoken. Aside from a trivial number of nostalgics, nobody was buying sedans to transport six adults.

I guess you never sat in the back of a crown vic or caprice

You comparing Jetta with Camry? You can drive Camry for 100K with only changing oil, Jetta will break down after 30K.

That’s why I lease a Jetta, I’d kill myself if I had to drive a Camry(they’re pretty awful) for a 100k. My Jetta is way cheaper than any Camry($150/mo). The last Corolla I rented drove better than the Camry, so did the Malibu, Altima and Maxima.

Have you seen 2018 Camry? Look better than any Jetter out there.

Oh I know the new one looks great but will see, if it drives anything like the last gen I won’t be impressed. The Camry is just the epitome of an appliance on wheels. I haven’t heard anyone on hear talking about it like the Accord. That Accord must be pretty nice because quite a few people on hear are willing to pay bimmer money for it. In fact I haven’t seen anyone on hear talking about a washing machine, I mean Camry

It’s number #1 midsize sedans in sales year after year. It drives just fine and they have one of the best v6 engines on the market today. My dad owned mechanic shop for 25 years, I have a lot of experience with cars and specially when comes to Jetta.

Well, here I am again. We were gifted a car so we don’t need this lease anymore. It was a pretty great deal if anyone would like to take it over. I posted the details over on the private exchange forum.