2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

I am looking at the 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV and wanted to get a sense from folks in terms of how much discount in terms of % should I negotiate for. There is not a lot of info about this car out there. Also, does anyone know about MF, residual value, etc?

Thanks,

The dealer in Corona, CA has the lowest purchase price. Good starting point in Southern California.

I reached out to them and the quoted me MSRP!!

They also said lease rate is 0.47%. How do I convert that to MF to see where they are?

I looked at this car but I was disappointed with the 22 mile EV range. I am curious to know the kind of driving you do for this car to work out for you.

I don’t get free charging at work, it’s cheaper than charging at home though. I wish electricity in CA was cheap like texas.

For me, it’s less about mileage and more about utility. I need the HOV sticker for my mixed city/HWY commute. I have a young child and another one on the way. So I need a bigger safer car. I was looking at BMW 530E but the payments are more than I want to spend. PHEV is really the only car in the market sector. The reviews aren’t that great but I am ok with it.

What I am so surprised at is how unresponsive Mitsubishi dealers have been. I have reached out to multiple and they haven’t responded back. The one that did (above) quoted me MSRP! No wonder they are not doing too well.

This car just came out. Oakland Mitsubishi has only one (in stock) listed. But yeah…they are generally terrible.

I think for better pricing you will have to wait. For the right price I might go for it, can’t beat HOV sticker + SUV package.

Check the consumer reviews from UK where this car came out three to four years ago.

They only concern I have with waiting is that they have a $2500 rebate right now until end of Jan. I am not sure if it will be there next month. I might walk into a dealer and see what I can get instead of trying to negotiate via email. I know this is a LH no no but don’t know if I have another choice since I cant get anyone to respond.

Federal rebate $5,836
CA rebate - $1500

You would come out pretty good if you get some discount on MSRP plus the $2500 rebate.

I am in a similar boat looking for something that has HOV stickers. I did consider 530e but as you said it is too much money for the car. This excited me but I don’t know I would buy it. All cars that are available are 2.0L and did not feel responsive. The looks are dated as well. I think there is a V6 model coming out as well. Anyway I would get this only if it was a great deal. Since it is a hybrid the state rebate is $1500.
Anaheim as a few cars $2000 discount off MSRP.
Are you buying or leasing?

Corona has a ton and all have a $2500 factory rebate. Try using carsdirect, kbb or edmunds and send the dealer an online request. See what happens then.

I have my eyes on this car as well but think I need to wait till end of year. It’s a Mitsubishi - the hysteria for this car shouldn’t last long…

Like people have said there’s $5K+ in Federal rebates and they’ll need to put that towards the car eventually.

I must of have spoken to 5 dealers and none of them are providing discounts under MSRP. With current money factor and residual, the payments would be close to $500 on a 3/36 which is crazy for this car.

but do you want to pay 6.25% tax on sale price like Texas? lol

no :slight_smile: 20chars…

Got one quote for the GT trim with around 42k MSRP.

With the VIP purchase program, the lease cash from Ally bank is $4800.
The dealer could offer $422 per month including the NJ tax which is 6.625%.
0 down.

it is close to the 1% rule, but as this has more rebate from EV, so I am still think this is room to go down.

What you guys think?

1 Like

Congrats! Enjoy the car!

Interested to know the real world mpg.

Btw, 2019 has been announced. There is not much improvement on the battery size though.

EDIT : looks like I was not fully awake…

What is the VIP purchase program and how does lease cash from Ally work?

hi VIP purchase is the list of employer that on mitsubishi’s list and qualify for their ‘invoice’ pricing, usually with around 1k to 1.5k off, you can check your employer on the list on https://www.mitsubishicars.com/vip

Ally bank is the one issue the lease financing, since outlander PHEV qualify for the 5800 federal tax rebate, they don’t give it all, but give a 4800 as lease cash for purchaser.

I think at this moment dealer does not give lots discount at their level, so could still wait and see later this year to see any further discount available.

Do you have the RV/MF on that? 36 months? What mileage?

hi , still getting those from the dealer, mileage is 36mon/10k each.