2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

I’ve been trying to get a deal on this too, and it’s been a shitty experience.
The Mitsubishi dealerships are not very responsive and does not want to negotiate at all.
So far I got two quotes.

One from January:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13KBr_GeUFIzAJn-A-FHwUJ7KuTlaFP0M

One from February:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kRvlw0hnRqkdyMtwbvgwk4h4uJ7j5d5D

In January, they bank was doing $6800 rebate, now it’s only $4800

The dealer said they were willing to give me invoice, which is only like $1K off MSRP, but the limited $4800 rebate kills the deal.

Anyone have luck on this?

I would wait until the updated 2019 cars to show up, then they will discount the 2018s significantly:

Does the 6800 rebate in January all from bank ? No lotlyal rebate etc.

Also the residual value is terrible low for sure , I saw the same as your numbers .

Not sure what the $6800 includes. I didn’t think to ask.
They told me the rebate amount is set by Ally bank and won’t adjust it.

Cool, just give updates, best thing I could get so far is 330 per month for 0 drive off ( dealer pay the 1st month ) for the SEL trim.

so 330 * 35 for 36month/10k each.

with NJ tax 6.625%

That’s pretty good - I’d jump on that…

Did you get the RV/MF for the deal?

That sounds pretty good. Can you give us more details so we can use it to bargain. Thanks.

1 Like

SEL TRIM:

MSRP : 35915
Using VIP programe price is : 34727.45
Dealer pay first month : 1700 ( which covers 1st month, acq fee and doc fee, contains a few more from dealer as discount but not much )
RV for 36/10k : 52%
APR: 0.45%
Acquisition Fee : 595
Doc Fee : 570
NJ Tax : 466 ( 6.625% )
Rebate : 4800 from bank, 500 Loyalty, 500 VIP to 5800 total.

Total is : 336 per month for the rest of 35 months.

So far like the car, speed up is good when start from 0-30m, very quite.
Later when parallel running, the moto generates electricity power the electrical moto ,which is bit increased the noise but still very quite.
Pure electric around 26 miles.
Full tank of 11 gallons of gas could last about 350 mils so I will say the long distance MPG is 30+, but if you count in electric, that will be much higher.

Ask me any question and glad to answer, like dealer name and address, I can recommend to.
and give me thumbs up if you think above is helpful.

3 Likes

Just one question. Can you sponsor me so I can buy it with VIP program too :smile:

Anyone else gotten a deal? The dealer in Oxnard was excellent—extremely PHEV knowledgeable and honest—but no discount at this time. The Corona dealer shows big discounts on CarGurus but they appear to be mis-labeling SELs as GTs (e.g. car is listed as GT but car in photo clearly has no sunroof) and/or figuring in the federal rebate. Anyone know an honest Mitsu dealer with discounts on a lease? (Looking for brown on brown GT.)

Hi I got family member working on company on the list , you can try that too

With these kind of plug in vehicles it’s “normal” to have a small battery and a very short all electric range, the exception is of course the Volt. Your electric miles are there to help you get on the freeway and then, if you preserved them, for getting around town. Helps a little bit with the overall gas mileage, but not by much. Considering the small size of the battery electricity cost is almost not a concern.

Was it pretty straightforward to use the VIP program? Did the dealer try to swindle you in any way? Thanks.

Have you made any progress on this? All the socal dealers show big discounts. I see some huge discounts on the Corona and Anaheim dealership sites.

At this point I am willing to buy the car flat out if those discounts hold.

1 Like

Let me know if you can use those prices to lease!

Nope. I emailed them. They are doing some funny math to get those numbers. Not trust worthy.

How is it when it is on Gas? It is still powerful?

Hey some feedback from a new owner used for 2 weeks on SEL trim, GT is no difference on the power chain so it should be the same.

On Gas mode, the gas moto do two things, power the wheel and charge the battery, and battery power the electric moto to parallel power the wheel.

The gas moto is 110 HP, the electric moto is 60HP each on the front and back, so maximum it is around 230 HP but from what I feel, they don’t get the maximum power until you reach 85 mile per hour.

So you can think gas mode in this way , it is still mostly on electric to power 0-40( since gas charge the battery and then use the electric moto ) , and 40-80 parallel on both motos with around 160 HP, 85+ using 200 HP but that’s illegal in most of states of speeding.

Consider it’s size, 160 normal HP won’t be considered very powerful, but consider for the 0-40 acceleration is the most normal used scenerial in most of cases, and the electric moto solved this speed problem, I would say it covers really well on the city drive, and on high way drive it is still pretty powerful as most of the time you don’t do lots of acceleration once you reached the 60 ish speed .

Hope this answers your question well.

How about MPG and range?