2018 Mercedes E300 36/12k - $581 per month $0 down with 10 MSDs

Hey guys! Working on a lease and need a bit of advice. Here is what the dealer initially provided me on an E300 with 7007 miles which was advertised at MSRP 67,680:

I asked him to correct the MSRP and all the calculations, and also provide me with the MF then he sent me:

From the knowledge I could gather from this amazingly helpful forum and Edmunds I replied back:
Even though he revised the MSRP, the monthly remains exactly the same so I asked him to calculate the payments based on the residual of $67,680
The Acquisition fee is marked up to $1095 when it should be $795
The MF is marked up to 0.00140 when it should be somewhere around 0.00027 (Got it from Edmunds)

Still new to leasing and learning through this forum. Any input or advice will be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your help!!

Here is what the dealer replied back with: When my manager enters the numbers there is a place to enter the original MSRP 67,680 and the Used MSRP 57,000. We are not changing the money factor and we are not changing the acquisition fee.

Where are you located? If in socal lmk i can help you find a better deal

In Illinois. Wish I was in Socal though!

Im not sure how they calculate everything out there but looking at the numbers its a great deal.

Can you put MSDs down? With not so calculated calculations you should save about $75 a month

Im sure the car has P3 which is great! No loaners out here in socal come with P2 or P3 :confused:

Its with P2 and the following:
322 AMG Line Exterior: AMG Body Styling, Mercedes-Benz Star in Grill
445 Warmth and Comfort Package: Heated Armrests, Heated Steering
19" AMG Twin 5-Spoke Wheels
Burmester® Surround Sound System
Panorama Sunroof

Thats great, congrats! Im getting the exact same car with a couple more accessories but Q02 not P2(i dont have the extra screen)

Can you put MSDs down? Thats whats going to make this a great deal.

Thanks! Congrats to you too!

Not sure, but just asked the dealer.

You know how MSDs work right? Please be sure youre armed with that info and tell them don’t ask them. 6500 up front but you’ll get over 40% return on that money.

1 Like

I can get you a better deal in socal but not worth it if its a local dealer to you and youre happy with the car

I’m sorry for the confusion. I didn’t ask the dealer, I told him that I would like to do max MSDs.

It’s not a local dealer, I tried my best with dealers in Illinois but they won’t go beyond a discount of 8k on the MSRP so I had to look outside state. This one is in Missouri so will have to drive 250-300 miles. I’m happy with the car but if I can get a better deal on a car with a little less options, I don’t mind

I can save you some money but you’ll need to ship the car and or not even see the car before buying unless you want to fly out here. The deal youre getting is pretty inline with what you’ll find here.

Then I believe that the cost savings on the monthly payment will be offset by the shipping and me flying out there. Thank you for the offer though!!

You will get a E300 4Matic with P1 package for $480 - $530 before adding any incentives. This is for 12k 36 month lease.

If you have Penfed ($1500 incentive) or United premier silver status ($1000 incentive), you can get the monthly rate even down. It’s hard to find a dealer who can offer you a loaner car without marking up the Acq fee.

However if the dealer is not willing to go down on the marked up MF, you can ask for any add-on’s that will negate the price that you pay using the marked up MF, like free pre-paid maintenance for 3 year, tire protection package etc…

1 Like

I am aiming for a 12k 36 month lease too.

Unfortunately, I do not have Penfed or United.

I’ll ask for those add-ons. Thank you for that information!

Based on the $36,974 RV he quoted me first, it comes out to be 54.6% of the MSRP 67,680. I’ve seen it on the forum that people get approximately 60-65% residual for 36/10 lease for a loaner with approximately same miles on it. Is the residual so low for 12k miles?

RV does take a hit with miles over 3k. So you will have lower RV. See if they’ll take off another $1k off

1 Like

This was borrowed from another post and calculated based on the 67k priced car

for MB $0.20/mile for every mile over 3000. So 7007 miles = 7007 -3000 = 4007 overage @$0.20/mile = $801.4 RV reduction. Divide 801.4 by MSRP to determine % reduction. So if MSRP is 67k, % reduction = 801.4/67680= 1.18%, so new RV would be 51.82%, if original RV was 53%.

If you are not in a hurry, i would advise you to open an account on Penfed, they will allow you to do that if you donate $35 or $15 for wounded warrior’s or some veterans fund… The caveat is you need to wait for 2 months to generate a control number for the incentive though.

1 Like

Thank you for the information. I will prefer to wait 2 months so that I can get a better deal and it will be the end of the year so maybe I can get a sweet deal on an '18 loaner.

An update: This is becoming interesting:

Max MSDs and I’m down a $100 on monthly payments
Wish I had Penfed, this would become a really good deal