2018 Maserati Levante leftover

Hey everyone, first post here, been lurking for a while.
Ive been chatting with a Maserati dealer for the past couple days about a leftover Levante. I’m not sure what kind of shenanigans they’re trying to pull, but heres the “aggressive” offer they sent me a bit ago. My target price was 700-800, with 0 down, and taxes, fees, and first payment DAS. What am i missing here??

Need to know residual and MF to have any idea how they got the monthly.

1 Like

I asked for that info upfront and immediately after and have not received a response, feels like some shady business practice if you ask me.

Discount is above 20%. I dont see any funny business that you claim.

Maybe I’m just not grasping how this works entirely. Shouldn’t I be looking to pay the difference between the residual value (estimated 50%) and the sale price? Somewhere in the ballpark of 25k? Plus tax and fees?

1 Like

Right now its nearing 2% of sales price, which by my math makes this a horrendous deal? Am i wrong?

With Maserati and other FCA brands things are more complicated as they can use multiple financial companies so this could be via Chrysler FS, US Bank, etc and they can all have wildly different numbers.

Does this include tax, I don’t see where?

What state are you in?

1 Like

Try to check with admins on Edmunds.com forums for MF and RV. And then you’d be able to compare that with info from the dealership whenever that comes.

I asked for tax due at signing but based on this worksheet id say its rolled into the monthly, wisconsin state tax.

If I hear back i will definitely compare, i thiught i read last week it was around 50%, but now i’m seeing no numbers available for 2018s

“There are no 2018 programs
24 month numbers are not supported”

They are likely offering to lease through a different bank. Ask which bank they’re leasing with and what the rates are. The residual is probably in the low 40’s or worse and the MF is probably really high.

Yeah i think your right, might as well get a new one at this price! Think I’m going to just to tell the wife shes SOL…

If she likes the Levante I’d try looking at the LR Velar or maybe Audi SQ5 (although I don’t think the numbers are as good now). Plenty of nice SUVs in the $600-700 bracket.

We looked at rr evoque and jaguar f-pace, we have some time yet so I’ll keep looking. She’d love the velar but i think the residual is pretty low on that too. I was going to try pushing her into xc60 before i found this Maserati.

You have to look at the numbers as a whole though, I’ve seen Velars recently in the $600’s but it’ll be the 4 cylinder engine. Volvos are great value now, so good timing for a XC60.

I think a Stelvio would be much cheaper than the Levante, but the wheelbase is smaller.

2% would be 1800 a month. Also, you forget to account for interest in there. Again, too many variables and just because you think its high does not mean dealer pulling any funny business. Maybe mark up mf and some add ons, which seems like you jave none on the sheet you presented.

Out of all the ones that you mentioned, I’d go after an XC60.

Hello, I’m looking to acquire a 2018 Levante (new)…I started this process late, so I have to return my Audi Q5 next month. I believed the IL dealers are trying to screw me over and haven’t budged on going below $1200 month for Levante GrantSport (MSRP=~$90,915) with preferred options. So, I found something in another state Levante S (MSRP = $106,195). So far the terms: MF-50%, RV.00091, SP= $90,195. $2,000 down and they pay off trade fees. I believe there’s $2,000 in trade value in payoff vs KBB. Monthly = $1100 Based on research, I don’t feel like this is a good deal. What are your thoughts? I really appreciate your help.

Have you tried out the calculator? The numbers seem ok based on 50% residual and some quick math imo, hopefully someone more knowledgeable can help.