2018 Maserati Ghibli S

I have a refundable deposit on this deal. I want to lease an Alfa Stelvio Ti from this same dealer at the same time, and they cannot negotiate that one until April 17 due to the recall. So they asked for $1,000 to hold the Maserati.

However the other part of this deal is the Maserati. He offered me the below figures to take just the Maserati, so I wanted to see what you guys think in case the Alfa doesn’t pan out…to see if I should take the Maserati at the below terms.

They will buyout my current Volvo lease (5 months at $465 per month = $2,325)

Then:

2018 Maserati Ghibli S
MSRP $ 82,750
Selling Price $71,200
Monthly Payment $732.81 + tax
Down Payment $ 0
MSD: 0
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10k

If I don’t like the terms of the Alfa deal, should I jump on this Maserati?

Thank you to all on his forum who’ve helped me get an idea of what to shoot for! This is an amazing forum for a prospective lease shopper.

I think you can push for more. Try to shave another 1000-1200 off of it.

Best,
Quentin

1 Like

That’s a bad deal. You should be able to get it within the 1% rule with 12k miles a year. (1% of the discounted selling price)

Whats your location?

Don’t think that carries forward with the 2018 model. I think he could get it down to 689 + tax

Agreed, thats where he should start the deal at.

I’m in Florida. Thank you for the speedy replies, by the way.

Even with the $2,500 worth of my Volvo lease buyout, I should still shoot for the 1% MSRP? How much does that lease buyout play into this?

What part of Florida are you in?

1% aside I’m looking at the selling price of the vehicle. For a MSRP of 82k they can definitely bring it to 70k if not 69k. Also whats the residual value of the vehicle? I’m assuming 54%?

I would not agree. Its an Ok deal if yiu keep in mind the 2400 they are paying off his volvo for. No?

You are right. I forgot to take that into consideration.

Why do you want to get out of your volvo early?

It’s not that I want out early. I love our Volvo(s). My wife and I each have 5 months left on ours, so we were just starting the replacement process early in case we need to order. I’m fine waiting until September. This dealership offered to buy us out of the last five months, so we are entertaining the idea if the numbers are convincing enough.

That same deal will be available in September, likely better without the burden of selling the Volvo and the 2019’s in stock. You should wait.

Doesn’t Maserati begin receiving new model year vehicles around February? I believe their calendar is unique in this way. If that’s the case, the 2019’s won’t arrive in time for me to take advantage of a nice deal on a 2018.

I do agree that keeping our current leases to term would save the $900 per month combined payment that is being rolled into the new cars in some way (though the salesmen say it isn’t).

Wouldn’t you get a fantastic deal on S90 since you are currently leasing two Volvos? You could probably lease two of them for the price of one Maserati.

Oh I’m sure I could get an amazing deal on an S90. The T8 is still on my radar, as is a Jaguar XES, Genesis G70, and the Mercedes AMG C43.

My wife will get either an XC60, the Alfa Stelvio that I am working now with the Maserait dealer, or the Landrover Evoke.

Whatever combination yields me the best deal is what I will jump on. This Maserati just sort of stumbled upon me yesterday. If they offer a deal on both cars that is too good to pass up, I’ll bite.

Hence my original post. I thought it was a fair second offer by them, but I think I can squeeze a little more off. Just waiting to deal on the Alfa now.

There is extra $500-750 loyalty on top of regular $500 this month. You can do pull ahead now without any negative equity.

This is for Volvo I am assuming.

The only issue right now is, well there are two. The XC 60 has little wiggle room for negotiating due to its newness and popularity. The S90 T8 is a hard car to find which makes for little negotiating wiggleroom as well.

You can still negotiate 10% off if you find S90 T8, plus incentives. No incentives on XC60, but you can probably get the same 10% off. 2019 coming soon.

Good luck with 2019 models. Maserati never has any good rates/residuals when the new model comes out and we won’t see that until January…it’s been that way now for the past 3,4 years and by September, expect the majority of dealers to be out of stock on 2018 models since it was a short model year since Maserati did not produce a lot. Heck, Maserati ran out of port stock cars 3 weeks ago. lol

hey brotha, also in market for maserati in Florida. which dealership are you working with?

edit- nvm just saw other thread. broker and I are working on a deal with guy you mentioned :slight_smile: