2018 Lexus RX350L - $50k MSRP, $414+tax/month, $0 drive-off / SOCAL

Salespeople try to close customers who are ready to buy now, not chatting for the past few months.

Correct. Not only in car sales but in most industries we advise our sales folks to prioritize customers who likely to close sooner than later. Also keep in mind closing rate of inquiries is probably in single digit percentage wise and sales people simply don’t have time to give their full attention to each and every inquiry.

I reached out to Keyes and was texting with the sales person, we exchanged a few texts, I gave her some info about the vehicle I was looking for, then I told her that I am serious if the price is right and at that moment she stopped and I never heard back. Some people just don’t know how to sell. I couldn’t have given her a stronger indication that I am ready to buy.

I get that’s what they do and I would too if I were them. My point in saying I’ve been in communication with Longo for months was she wasn’t helpful then when my parents were serious in a RX and neither was she when I reached out several months later when I was serious about getting a Rx myself.

I expect them to be upfront so I’ll be upfront too. And I don’t want the saleperson to give me a MSRP quote on the first email (that usually was the case when I bought my first few cars), which is a waste of time.

If you tell them you will shop them then they will be less likely to play. They will just tell you “get your best quote and we will beat it”.

I have some experience with Longo and have now purchased two vehicles from them. I leased a RX350 from them last month, I think it may be either the salesperson you’re dealing with or how you’re presenting yourself.

They aren’t my first call but they have been the ones who have had the best offer at the end of the day for my purchases.

Congrats- lovely 7 Seater SUV for sure! Don’t forget to post some pics and post it it the Trophy Garage [ Photos ]

Congrats! We considered these in June, but it seemed like the local dealers here in Carlsbad didn’t seem to want to discount these at all. They had about dozen RX350Ls on their lot, and another couple of dozen on an auxiliary lot next to the YMCA gymnastic center that I frequent 3 times a week. With so many on their lots, I thought they wanted to deal, but it turns out that everyone and their grandmother wants a RX350L.

I don’t think you could get anything close to that kind of a deal here. So it could just be that Longo has a different demographics where they’re actually selling a lot of RX350s.

So as someone who does not have a lot of experience negotiating leases, per se, how do you get them to agree on 15% off? I’m speaking with Karina also, and the car I’m looking at is closer to $55k MSRP - I was going to offer 47k before rebate, and see if they agree…

Always willing to walk away. You DON’T want the car, you want the car at a good price. Also, shop around the lowest quote until you get a quote noone else willing to beat. Make sure it in writing and don’t fall for the “coming in, and we’ll can discount more” trap.

Finally got a reply from one of my dealers, What do you think of this deal so far? If this isn’t the right place I’ll be happy to move it:

3yr/12k year

MSRP 55,418
Sale Price 48,200
Rebate 1,750
Money Factor = .00025
Residual 55%
Monthly payment = $507

Doc Fee 80
Acq Fee 795
Reg/taxes/other Fees 880

Total DAS = 2290 (1784 + first month payment 507)

Link to Calculator

Would like to get it around $1,500 DAS, thoughts?

Summer’s not even over yet- I’m excited for winter pricing already!

The 414 a month is a nice payment but for 45 months and 7.5k, I think this normalizes to around 450 a month if you take the 36 month/12k miles…

Also neither navigation nor carplay … that sucks

the deal looks decent. looks like they gave you 13.1% off msrp. if you’re not in a hurry or in need of a car I would push them further to 15% (additional ~1k) off MSRP plus incentive. you’re also in southern california, there are a ton of lexus dealers, if one doesn’t work for you call another and pit the best deal you can find against each other. I reached out only to longo, westminster, crown, tustin, and keyes.

if you roll your acquisition fee into your monthly then your DAS would be around $1500.

Or wait until Dec. When 2019s come out and dealers want to clear their lots. Lexus December to Remember is usually better than their summer event.

1 Like

Is the rebate included in the sales price?

No, the rebate was added on top afterwards

Looks like a great deal to me.

Just a follow up, I did close on an RX350L with Lexus of glendale - Denice Avila was great to work with.

Keyes originally started out strong, but i followed up on the deal several times and they just went quiet - not sure what happened but maybe they sold it? either way would’ve been nice to have a response after they made me the offer.

I didn’t get as much of a discount at Lexus of Glendale, but they did discount me some up front fees so it ended up being cheaper over the course of 3 years.

3yr/10k year

MSRP 57,535
Sale Price 50,400
Rebate 1,750
Money Factor = .00025
Residual 56%
Monthly payment = $525
Total DAS = $1836

All in payment including taxes, fees, reg etc. = $561

It was a fair deal in my book, not exceptional, but meets the <1% rule and considering the laundry list of items my wife wanted in her car and the limited options available in this range i took it.