Combo Lease/One Pay 7 seat SUV and EV any make

Hello all. Much gratitude in advance for all the knowledge and advice. I did my first lease 2 years ago and feel it was a success…thanks to leasehackr. Now I’m adding solar to the house and wife wants a bigger ride.
I am in North San Diego area and starting my research on the different car makers combos: Chevy Volt/Bolt and Traverse, Pathfinder and Leaf, Focus/Cmax and Flex/Explorer. I commute and the wife needs more space than current leased 2017 Subaru Forester, hence the 7 seater need. I paid off our 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid and can sell to take advantage of a one pay. Any advice on putting together a proposal and getting it to different dealer’s Sales Managers to maximize the hack in this situation? The Nissan combo has the most rebates on both currently, unless I have missed something. Has anyone done a combo deal… does it benefit?
24-36mo. mileage flexible. One Pay around $8000 for EV and under $300mo w/tax for SUV with close to zero down.

If you’re going to buy 2 cars, it becomes challenging because you are basically negotiating two completely separate deals, and unless the dealer really needs volume to make end of month, or end of quarter, it really won’t change the amount of discount you’re going to get. I’d recommend picking two vehicles out that you really like, sell your car and do a one pay for one of them - if, and only if it makes financial sense, then negotiate the other lease on a separate basis. If you’re flexible (which it seems you are), then this also allows you maximum savings by choosing two different models with great incentives/mf/residuals.

1 Like

It might be better down the road to have two different makes. Qualify for more loyalty/conquest rebates.

2 Likes

These are great responses thank you both. I was excited by a potential leveraging edge, but the challenge doesn’t seem to benefit the bottom line…and that’s what matters. So now I will focus on the EV One Pay, any recommendations?

I am also looking for leasing EV and all lease quotes I received are very high (at least in Texas). looks like there is no support from manufacturers for EV lease and with low residual values, monthly lease prices are high.

Just did the same thing. Our Solar was completed about a week ago. Just waiting on the meter. I picked up a Chevy Volt on a One Pay, for the same reason. My only goal at this point is less than a dozen tanks of gas while I own it. :slight_smile:

I would keep all the different deals separate. Too many chances for “shit” to be hidden and or diluted without you knowing.

1 Like

Chevy Volt and VW Tiguan SE, although the SE doesn’t have a power liftgate which I highly recommend if it’s for your wife.

There is also a recent thread for a RX350L for under $400 in SoCal - you may want to check that out and see if you can reproduce it. It’s a little more than what you want to spend, but happy wife happy life.

I haven’t seen crap for pure EVs. I heard that Jesuscookies got a killer deal from chevysalesgirl on a Volt. He said that it can’t be reproduced, but you can always try. Chevrolet Bonus Tag Leases - $7200 onepay for 10k/yr, 54 miles pure electric and 400+ miles total range.

1 Like

7200 for a one pay on the base is the best price I have seen advertised in a while. Add in the 1500 rebate and the 450 utility, if you qualify, and you are rolling for a net effective of less than 150 a month!

1 Like

With who and where can I get this deal?

@chevysalesgirl for the Volt, but it looks like the cheap ones sold. She has one with leather for a bit more. You can contact her, and she might be able to do a trade for you.

For the RX350L, I was wrong. It’s a bit over $400. You will have to work for it. The dealer is Keyes. It’s all in this thread - 2018 Lexus RX350L - $50k MSRP, $414+tax/month, $0 drive-off / SOCAL

1 Like