2018 Lexus Gx460 Premium Lease without MSD

Bay Area most likely in San Jose.

Bay Area has too many rich techies. If you are willing to buy from CA, contact dealers in SoCal.

1 Like

Yeah true probably a better market to buy cars.

I usually have bad experience with any dealers on Steven’s Creek. Have you try Putnam Lexus in Redwood City or Magnussen in Fremont, or Serramonte?

From what I can see, GX isn’t a popular SUV here at all. I am not surprise if these dealers don’t have too many in inventory.

Oh I totally agree. I went to BMW stevens creek once and that was a terrible experience. I will reach out to the ones in Fremont and one is Torrance and see how it goes.

I’ve had better luck with Lexus in Van Nuys, Beverly Hills and Thousand Oaks.

Ok discarding Torrance for Van Nuys.

From time to time they lease well. We have seen highlander XLe for 300 and Ran XLE for 200. Also GX460 for 450… All with MSDs…

1 Like

So i went to the dealers just to test drive the cars. The GX while I loved the ride and look(i know some hate it) but its interior is definitely way more date than in pics. Space is very restricted as @eelnoraa had pointed out.

Then I gave the RX-L a try. Nice but a way more stiffer ride with soft steering. Did not like it.
Volvo was next door so I went for an XC90 test drive as so many people here liked it. It was definitely better than RX-L to me. Softer yet the steering wasn’t as soft as the RX-L. Also way better looks.

So taking a shot at the XC90 a bit more and waiting on GX responses.

New offer from Volvo:
XC90
MSRP: $59,498.00
Discounted price: $55,498.00
$2,000 Volvo allowance
$1000 elite bonus
Net selling price: $52,498.00
MF: .00050
MSD’s: $5250
Residual: 32,269.05
39 months/10K miles
~$1,100 drive-offs (first month payment/DMV fees)+MSD’s
$639 per month (tax included)

Decent, average, bad?

Fails the 1% rule, so not a “good” deal.

I guess we are close, so if I get them under $600 should be acceptable?

I can’t think even that is a good deal under $600 with all those msds

That MF has to be a typo. That calculates to 12%.

Yeah thats right its .0005. Let me correct it.

That had me worried lol.

Ok so no MSD’s and under $600 will meet the 1% rule - and then that will be a decent deal?

Stand by for more feedback. I’m still learning about MSDs myself. I do not want to mislead you.

What have you learned from this forum?

roughly …payment is < 1% of the MSRP. Now if that is on sell price or MSD’s etc etc. Everyone seemed to have a different opinion on the site.