2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD

Was at the dealer today and got a quote for a GT2 AWD.
MSRP: 52720
Discount: 4500
Lease Cash: 7200
Trade Equity: 3650
Taxable Fees: 675
Doc Fees: 176
Tax: 1823
Non Tax Fees: 196
For 36/12K with .00198 mft and 51% residual they are asking $600 first payment and $510 for the remaining.

This would be my first venture into leasing, so I wanted to see what others thought of this. I did try adding the numbers I had into the calculator but could not replicate their figure.
Appreciate any insight/advice.
Thanks

Not great, particularly due to low residual and insanely high money factor. I’ve leased two Kias before, but won’t do it again, regardless how much I want the Stinger.

2 Likes

Is the trade equity going towards the lease?

Yes, the trade equity is being applied to the lease.

Not a good deal …

What state are you in? What is up with that tax? $18,723?

That was a typo by me. I fixed it in the main post. $1823 IL 6.25

Didn’t even effect the crazy high monthly payment, lol.

The numbers you provided don’t add up to that payment. They are adding money in there somewhere. With those numbers you provided, I am getting approximately $464/mo with $836 due at signing (First and fees).

About a $1374 difference in total of payments between the dealer numbers and what I am calculating.

Why? Poor residuals or something more (like dealer experience)?

all of the above. stinger is an entire new adventure for kia, i expect there will be many kinks to work out the first couple of years and kia service is not the best place to spend your time. for example, it took them 3 tries to fix the moisture issue on my tail lights. Most of kia dealers don’t even provide a loaner, so you get shuttled around while your 50k vehicle is being fixed. high mf is another reason, equivalent to almost 5% apr, that’s for tier 1.

1 Like

then there is this whole engine recall fiasco.

Thank you to everyone for the feedback. I knew something didn’t look right. I used a few more online calculators and even ran the math out myself and came back with numbers in the $475-480 range with rolling all the fees in and only the first payment.

Please don’t spend anything close to $500 on a Kia Stinger. I don’t know you, but I must beg you not to.

9 Likes

I was just at the Kia dealer in SoCal on Monday and they offered me the Kia Stinger GT1 + the drivers assistant package for $500/month (including tax) on lease 36months + 15,000 miles per year with $0 down and $0 drive off. I know this isn’t the greatest deal or even a good deal from a lease hacker perspective, but this is a brand new car with a lot of good reviews on its side. What are you guys’ thoughts on this? I don’t have the exact breakdown as Kia dealers have been very stubborn with giving out numbers on paper in fear that you will cross compare with other dealerships. Just to add to this, the dealership I went to in SoCal had about 12+ stingers on the lot with 9/12 of them being GT1s…

To give you an idea I am also checking out the new Toyota Camry XSE V6 and possible the Infiniti Q50S Red Sport, although the Stinger ranks the highest on my list currently. A friend of mine and my dad owned an Infiniti G37 and let me know they had to change their brakes every 15k miles and the breaks were over $1k each time. I also read on many forums that his is true about Infiniti’s and this makes me very cautious of getting into one. I appreciate any opinions on this matter or recommendations. I currently am leasing a 2015 VW GTI SE and my lease is up on July 4. I am trying to get a good deal but I also have time on my side since I started shopping early. Let me know what you guys thing.

To be honest the reviews were part of the Kia marketing. The car is no where close to the German in terms of dynamics. Interior materials aren’t even up to par with Infiniti. At $500, I would rather get into a BMW 340i or Infiniti Q50 RS.

And the reason your friend and dad’s Infiniti G37 brakes cost $1k was because they probably didn’t change the pads before they got too low. They warped the rotors which cost a lot to fix.

Any car, Benz, Audi, BMW, Infiniti, Lexus, Kia will need new brakes depending on how you drive it. If they need new pads at 15k doesn’t mean you will.

3 Likes

Best I got was $500 a month for 2.0 Premium with 10k miles.

What will happen with the gti?

Stingers will be hard to lease for a while until incentives or residuals work out. Consensus on the forums is wait for used or next year model. Plus I’d rather buy a used Stinger from any other dealership than a KIA store. I’m surprised you got real numbers.

For this money - Alfa Romeo Giulia any time.

I’ve never heard of brakes on any car needing to be replaced at 15K mile intervals, unless maybe the driver drives like ****.