2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD

I feel like the incentives will get better as time goes on, especially when it comes out for its second model year.

I know you are asking about the lease deal, but I need to make a comment on all the irrelevant posts

The interior quality isnt decent? Sheesh. I never had a Kia but I’ve seen it in person and its a nice car. The interior appointments are definitely quality. Higher quality than a c300, which seems to be popular on here. You get alot for the value, though it seems like many people on these forums are more about name brand than anything with comments like “dont get a kia” or dont “spend that much on a kia”

Yes, its a new venture for KIA, but the reviews are pretty damn decent, and KIA’s waranties are pretty good compared to the average. Sure, their dealers aren’t nice, but neither are chevy’s, Honda’s, Nissans, etc, etc.

1 Like

I just feel like Kia don’t even need or want to sell many Stingers. Main goal is to get people into dealerships. Then once your initial shock wears off after they give you an insane quote, they can lease you a “value” Stinger like Forte or Optima for much lower.

It seems to be a reoccurring problem with Nissan/Infiniti and there are many other articles like the ones above. The brakes cause the rotors to warp, my dad had the same problem but sold the car because he had enough of it. I come from a family that builds and races cars for a living so I do trust my dad when it comes to things like this. I also understand this might not happen to everyone.

After looking at the stinger myself, I can say the interior is actually much nicer in my opinion than the Q50S. Especially when it comes to the infotainment system, Infiniti’s looks extremely outdated. People are also not too happy with the new steering system they put in place.

Granted this is all opinionated and I do appreciate your input. I have not checked out the BMW 340i so I might go take a look this weekend. With that being said though, the brand of the car doesn’t mean all that much to me. Im also looking to upgrade to a bigger car than I have now, while still having some fun driving it. I was pretty impressed driving the stinger but I did have an issue with how small the rear window is for visibility and also with the lack of head room in the back seats for someone who is 6’0ft.

1 Like

Haha your right. The salesmen first came to me at $750/month and I just laughed.

I really liked the Stinger, but ended up with the RS400 with Direct adaptive steering at $445/mo true zero down (58K MSRP). The Stinger would have been $600+ for the GT. I test drove the Alfa Guilia as well and although the steering was slightly better, I really liked the Direct adaptive steering in the Infiniti (It was retuned for 2018 model year).

I completely agree with you and if I had the time I would wait. My issue is that the lease on my GTI is up in July. Maybe I can buy a piece of junk to drive for a year to buy me some time haha

See if they let you extend your lease for a few months. I think around Sept/Oct is when a lot of new models come out…get some good end of 2018 deals on a lot of cars?

1 Like

I saw one of these on the freeway.

The only reason I noticed it was a stinger was because of the quad exhaust and I notice MANY cars in bumper to bumper traffic, so this wasn’t eye catching.

It literally looks like any other sedan Kia exterior wise.

I haven’t driven or seen the interior, but at $500 it’s a no brainer to pass.

This has been happening for over a decade with Nissans. New Titans right of the dealer lot had brake/disc vibration problems over 10 years ago. I purchased over 10 new Titans, 1 had a brake vibration right of the lot.

It seems like a systemic problem with new cars in a desire to engineer costs and weight out of cars.
My wife’s Honda Accord consistently warped rotors, same with her Odyssey and my older Nissan Maxima.

My Subaru WRX STI, toyota MR2 didn’t have such problems.

I tend to blame my wife, but its definitely the cars too.

Rotors don’t actually warp, what occurs is the pad gets transferred to the rotor creating different friction profiles. This causes the shutter. Quickest way to “warp” rotors is with hot brakes come to a complete stop and keep the brake pedal depresse. This is where the pad transfer occurs.

@Shivir1 - regardless of which car you end up leasing, NEVER put money down into a lease, unless it is for MSDs (multiple security deposits). The $3600 of equity is just being wasted at this point.

To all the others hating on Kia, I have my reservations as well. I leased a 2012 Optima SX Turbo for about 7 months before trading it in for an Infiniti G37 sedan 6MT. The car had great value, but wasn’t fully baked and I vowed to never get a Kia again. But I recently leased a Hyundai Genesis sedan (G80) and it was fantastic. Worlds beyond the Optima in terms of ride, handling, materials, and overall quality. I get it, the G80 is luxury and Optima is economy, but the Optima always felt like it was one pothole away from completely falling apart.

However, if the Stinger GT AWD was available in a manual transmission, I would sell my 335 6MT sedan tomorrow to lease one. As fun as the BMW is, it’s not the “legendary” dynamics machine it once was. Even with the M-sport package and M-sport adaptable suspension, it’s no better than an ATS or Alfa Romeo Giulia in that department.

Good luck with your car hunting.

If you want a new car aka new design, you pay for it. I don’t think $500/mo. is a bad deal. Just remember that a newly designed car is expected by the manufacturer to sell so they don’t need to appeal to the leasing market.

1 Like

For me it would need to be a GT2 AWD to be somewhat happy with a payment in the 400s. And it still might be hard to pull the trigger because of the brand.

I predict within the year these will be leasing 250-350 a month just like the G80

1 Like

You can lease a G80 for 250-350? How?

1 Like

lmao seriously 20202020

1 Like

hmmmm, do tell!!!
How?

Honestly, drove that car today and loved it… until I saw the residual…

Are we honestly leasing Kia Stingers for $500 a month? For crying out loud, people have leased Volvos S90, Maseratis and Jaguars for less than that, so please pass on this. Wake me up when it hits $200

8 Likes