2018 Jaguar F-Type R $1,098/mo

I have learned a lot from this community about leasing and what traps to watch out for, what discounts I should be asking for, how to negotiate, etc. It is a wonderful and helpful community. I thought I would add to the discussion by sharing my recent deal.

2018 Jaguar F-Type R
MSRP: 113,995
Sell price: 100,315 (12% dealer discount)
Doc fee: 150
Acq fee: 795
Cap fee: 3
Gross cap cost: 101, 263
Cap buy down: -3473
Net cap cost: 97,790
MF: .00018
Residual: 52% (36/12)
Monthly: 1,098 (before tax)

The pre-tax monthly payment conforms to the infamous 1% rule, although when you add in the cap buy down, the total pre-tax monthly is 1,194, which is slightly outside of the 1% rule. Dealer said I had to do the cap buy down because the bank only approved a 98,000 cap.

It’s by no means the best deal in the world and I am sure it can be beat (and will be), but I didn’t see a lot of 2018 F-Type R discussion here (lots on 2017), so I figured I’d share to give others who are shopping for a 2018 some baseline. The dealer is in western WA and has one more R on the lot (ugly green) as well as some lower trims.

I received the $1,500 customer cash as a credit towards my upfront costs.

Thanks for sharing, I am trying to get mid 9’s with Tax, best ive gotten so far is $1,164 including tax on $111K MSRP car. I am holding out to see what further incentives come up especially this late in the year I feel as though I could get in the 9’s. This is 12k/year miles as well - what was yours?

I am at 36/12. I wish you luck in holding out, but if the mid 9s don’t happen, get the car at $1,164. It is a work of automotive art and is well worth the money.

I’d recommend waiting until November if you’re able.

I’ve been looking for a good F-Type S lease, but I came across this in my search:

Don’t know if you’re still looking, but this is too much car for me.

November deals seem the same as October for the S, so I’m waiting for December.

That is a great deal on an R but if you’re looking to lease an S, you are going to be out of luck because Jaguar no longer makes the S trim.

1 Like

so what is driveoff and total payment? By us a type R is $0 down $1800 a month so we did not even consider

$5999 Total Due at Signing Plus 1st Payment, Tax, Title and License Fees, 39 Months, Security Deposit Waived. 7,500 Miles Per Year, 0.30c Excess Mileage Charge.

Ah…sorry. I meant the v6, not the v8. Was looking at used for awhile before thinking of leasing.

How much did you money did you down?