Jaguar F-Type: Best Path Forward

Yeah, that’s what I assumed…most places I’ve contacted have some great deals where they can knock off a significant amount from the MSRP, but they’re all purchase. Leasing isn’t given the same discounts…and understandably so. Hoping to find the needle in the haystack and get lucky. If anyone has any leads, let me know. I am scouring and annoying dealerships at the moment :smiley:

Have had no luck on any 17 leases, only purchases on high end models or the British version.

I had an agent in San Diego tell me the following:

“ I do want your business but the market on this particular car is tight because it’s not being made anymore. ”

What did he mean by that? He also quoted me $730 a month with $3k down, 10k/yr for 36mos and said I was flat out lying if I could do better…so he’s not a great source of info. But still, I’d like to know what he meant?

Of note, he was talking about the 296 base coupe, an 18 model.

Does anyone have experience with CPO leases from Jaguar? I’ve got a 17 F-Type Base Coupe with about about 8,500 miles on it, asking 2,500 down, $487 a month for 36 months. How much lower can I go?

No idea – generally CPOs don’t leas well. What’s the original MSRP on the car? That’s an effective payment
of $560/mo+tax. So if that’s on a base F-Type (ie $60k MSRP) that’s not a very good deal. You should also ask about the vehicle history and why it was returned so early as a CPO.

It’s not showing MSRP so I’ll have to ask but this is what was on the ad:

I’m assuming it’s probably a base F-Type if they’re saying the retail is $54k (we’re assuming pretty minimal depreciation to this point so it’s not like they’re knocking an $80k F-Type down to $54k).

I see, makes sense. I think I’ll ask for a pretty lowball offer and see what happens. It is a base coupe, has a lot of options added. I will ask for 0 down and a lower monthly as well as the details on the CPO status.

I’d be interested in hearing how they’re calculating money factor and residual for it. I highly doubt they’ll do a reasonable lease for a CPO, but who knows, maybe it’ll be a unicorn :slight_smile:

I posted about my 2018 Jaguar F-Type deal here: 2018 Jaguar F-Type R $1,098/mo

But that is for the R and you’re looking for a base, so it’s not directly applicable. Prior to getting the 2018, I searched nationwide for any remaining 2017s and the only dealership in the country with any was in Las Vegas and the guy there wasn’t willing to negotiate the price at all. It was $900/mo before tax with $4,500-$5,000 down. Bullshit deal. I tried to work it but the dealer was a stone wall.

The best I’ve seen on a 2017 R is 850 with 3500 out of pocket including fees/taxes for 7.5k Miles a year.

I saw that deal…well done. Funny you mention LV…I actually talked to them. At one point, they were able to lease a British version for a 17 F-Type, but I don’t like convertibles…so back to searching. Also, their deal was terrible, just as you said.

I asked about the reasoning for the early return…he gave no specifics but said nothing is wrong with the car, it’s passed all dealer inspections and is certified with a warranty.

I have asked for a breakdown of the numbers to see what exactly is going on. Doubt they will budge…I asked them on another car previously and they were extraordinarily firm.

Maybe it’s time to give up and just wait for 18’s to come down…not sure when that would be. Just seems like most dealerships are not budging on the 18’s at all and the 17’s are basically only the high-end models which is not what I’m after.

Yeah, it’s interesting they don’t want to talk about specifics about the car, yet want you to buy it. Reminds me of an old car I bought years ago that also passed all dealer inspections and was under warranty, but of course happened to have been in an accident a few years prior. Oh, car sales :slight_smile:

If it’s any consolation whatsoever, at least the 2018s will have backup cameras installed by default. So that’s a pretty good reason to wait if you can’t find anything good for MY2017.

Im new to this and have been contacting pretty much every dealer on the west coast, I am based in Seattle but have had no luck with any of the WA dealers. Received this quote today from a dealer in California and am hoping I can get it a lot better than this;
2018 Jaguar F-TYPE 340HP
36 months 10,000 miles Transportation to WA inc
$0 out of pocket $745 (Including Tax)
$3,500 out of pocket $640 (Including Tax)
$6,500 out of pocket $555 (Including Tax)
Dealer Price:$71,158.00
Dealer disccount:$7,530.00
Rebate:$1,500.00
Your Price:$62,128.00

I hope you can get better than that, too!

Who’s your dealer? I am looking into getting the 4 cylinder base one. I’m also from WA and have been having terrible luck around here.

I am thinking of giving up on this now, customer service at every single WA dealer with the exception of Spokane (who I have had no dealings with) has been awful. I spoke to few in CA and some say they will sell out of state and others don’t. I have never in my life had worse service at a dealer than Tacoma, steer clear at all costs.

Sounds like lease hacking in Seattle to me…

My lease deal that I posted about above is from Jaguar of Bellevue. The sales guy I dealt with was great. Private message me if you want his contact information.