2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0L - $383 signed!

2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0L (no Navi)

MSRP: $32,560 (iirc)
Selling Price: $28,502
DAS: $383 (first month)
Term: 36/15K
Payment: $383 w/tax and fees

Hope it’s a good deal (not that it matters to me at this point lol)

1 Like

Cheaper than Honcker. Good job! Btw- did you also get pricing on Sport or EX by any chance?

Yeah, I used Honker as the base for my negotiations. I just knew I would get a “flash sale” of ~$10 and then Honcker may help me out of my lease for $300. That’s how I got to ~$380. Still don’t know if it’s a good deal or not haha.

I do hate the plastic wood of the EX-L but that’s the price I had to pay for the lack of audio system in the Sport.

Didn’t look at EX.

1 Like

Why is the price so high? It’s close to loaner E-class money.

Has Honda dropped their residual values?
Unfavorable MF?

OP didn’t mention either so it’s hard to tell.

3 Likes

been looking for accord ex 1.5T and so far the cheapest ive seen from online ( havent grind the dealers yet ) is about net 350

its been awhile since i looked at a honda, is that what they usually go for ?

Yes. Accord is a great sedan but the lease "deals"suck.

That said the car is incredibly well equipped with tech.

Also I’ve noticed the EX-L Navi lease for less than the cheaper EX-L. No idea why.

Oof this is BMW/Merc money for a mid-level Japanese Econo car :frowning:

5 Likes

Which Mercedes or BMW can be found for around 380 with DAS of only first month payment?

3 Likes

None. Especially with 15k miles.

2 Likes

Things have obviously changed since this post below:

But there are a lot of other examples if you search for similar deals as well on loaners. Plus I’d throw the S90 in there as well. Earlier this year there were lots of examples of that car going for a similar or lower payment. May have had MSD’s but you get that back. During the winter 3 series loaners are often under $300/mo as well.

Honda’s just don’t lease all that well although I think the accord is a great car it’d probably be a car I’d purchase for a longer ownership vs. lease.

I’m getting an offer but I don’t have the details yet, from Honda of Chantilly in Virginia. 1.5 Touring, I’m registering and purchasing in Virginia (up front taxes and high dealer fees). $279 per month with 3600 up front. Which if you roll it in together looks like $379 per month (this is for 36/12). I asked for a breakdown. But thought I’d put it up here for thoughts.

I would have a hard time leasing an accord for 383 given than the Camry is half price. Granted it is not the XLE but … why would you want the XLE?
2018 Toyota Camry LE
$179/Month with $0 DownLease For
SAVINGS OF $110/MONTH!
$19,999Buy For
0.90%Finance For
APR for 48 Months
MSRP: $24,895. VIN: 4T1B11HK0JU657243. Model Code: 2532. Lease a New 2018 Toyota Camry LE for 36 mos, 12k miles per year. Does not include $650 acquisition fee, $399 documentation fee, $5 title prep & $135 registration fee. Sales tax not included. First payment due at signing not included. Security deposit waived. With approved Tier 1 credit with Toyota Financial. 0.9% available APR for 48 mos in lieu of rebate. 0.9% for 48 mos is $21.22 per $1,000 borrowed. Excludes tax and fees. Offer ends 08/31/2018

1 Like

I would also probably get the BMW X2, not because it is a BMW but because it is cheaper. BMW includes maintenance but Honda does not right? Same with Toyota - includes 2 years maintenance. So really Honda does not lease well …

3 Likes

In Northern Virginia the Accord is a slightly more compelling option. Upfront taxes are bad enough here but on a car like the Accord they are not actually that much more compared to say CA taxes. The annual taxes levied by the Counties are what gets you (just paid $14xx on my MDX). So whereas an Accord might cost an average of $750 in taxes annually over three years a five series leasing for the same price will average more like $1,500 per annum.

Still wouldn’t lease it over the Camry but for purchase the tremendous value for the money the Accord provides is useful when you are paying an annual tax on the NADA value as well as 4.15% on purchase price.

The maintenance on my 2016 Buick lease (now returned) included all of 3 oil changes over 2 years, 2 of which were covered by the OEM.

The value of covered maintenance is marginal in my opinion.

1 Like

Honda offering $1,000 incentives on certain models - EX-L 1.5 w/Nav, EX-L 2.0 both qualify. EX-L 1.5 no Nav doesn’t qualify.

Have you read any of those threads?

Yep. Quote a MB/BMW 15k lease tax included for $383. And don’t be silly, the X1 and 320 don’t count.

Dunno why you need to move the goalposts, the X1 / 320 are BMWs.

Here’s one, on our very forum, where a user got $336/month, 15k miles, 36 months, minimal cash at signing. Dividing out the minimums among the months, they still got a CLA for under $383 a month including taxes. Is this a good lease? 2018 CLA 250 $336/month min drive-off, 15k miles, 36 months Or does the CLA not count either?

Go look through the trophy garage post. You can find your own examples in there…