2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0L - $383 signed!

For those people knocking the Accord and saying there’s other options out there, it’s all a matter of personal preference. I have an Accord EX-L, Cadillac XT5 Lux, And BMW M6 vert. I prefer driving the accord and some of the features like the side view camera over what the other 2 have to offer. I believe the accord is the best built car out of my cars which is why it’s so hard for me to get rid of it (pushing 90K miles while the other 2 have about 20k). Only reason I haven’t upgraded to the new one is the style hasn’t grown on me yet.

I don’t think anyone is knocking the Accord (I’ve test driven the new model and was very impressed) but it’s fairly obvious that it’s not a great lease vehicle and despite some slightly better incentives recently, Honda seems fairly happy to watch sales decline and refrains from supporting one of their flagship vehicles.

As with much of the Honda line up, far better to purchase for the long haul than to lease for 3 years.

3 Likes

+1. I would rather have the 2018 Accord than the X1, 320, or CLA.

Better to purchase for the long haul for sure. But at the 3 yr mark the total cost of ownership is still less with a 15 or 18 mi/yr lease vs owning an ‘18 Accord.

A Camry or Accord will be roomier and better equipped than a comparably priced 3-series or C-Class. Different priorities for different folks. It’s quite difficult to find adaptive cruise control on those European sports sedans, whereas it’s standard on the Toyota and Honda. Larger back seats and trunks in the family sedans, too.

3 Likes

Not to mention the 2.0T Accord is also significantly faster than any of those bargain models.

1 Like

I’ve got zero issues with the Accord and think the new one looks awesome and agree it’s a better car then the 3 Series (I think the S90 is superior) but as mentioned I think it’s a better purchase proposition then to lease. I don’t see any Accord Lease cash, only the $1000 for either lease or purchase, so it wouldn’t make sense to lease FOR ME since you’re now also paying the acquisition and disposition fee (~$1000), possible fees to fix wear and tear plus tires, plus a high interest rate for the three year term which you’d save in a purchase. I’m like a couple others on here that couldn’t care to much what you’re driving as long as it presents a really strong lease value, i.e the mid/low $3xx S90s, sub $100 cruzes (wish those would come back), low $100s i3s etc.

1 Like

Don’t you wish that were true. If only the moon and stars would align once more.

What does the * mean? I’ve looked into BMW, and unless you find a loaner (which isn’t easy), then you won’t come near to this number if everything is rolled into the monthly payments. A $40K car does not lease for $383 for a 36/15K with everything rolled in.

Oh wow didn’t think this post would cause so much discussion lol. I had a '16 GTI and paid $510/month (Autobahn) and got tired of the expensive cost. I was looking for something roomier, feels relatively fun to drive, has all the technology features, nice audio system, has carplay and is less than $400 for 36/15. And NO SUV. That was the best option I found… but really it’s a personal preference.

All the BMW/Merc people – find me one deal for a series 5 (which is same size I would say as an accord) with the technology, airplay and everything rolled in, and 15k for anything close to $400. It’s only if you find a loaner, which is not easy. Not even for series 3. But if you do find one, I salute you.

You got the best car for the parameters you listed. This is from someone who leased a 3 and back to back 5ers. Most folks and brokers here are very helpful. Some are trolls who love to repost the unicorn deals 3mo later.

3 Likes

A $44k Infiniti Q50 does.

I don’t think your deal is terrible for an Accord, but you could have saved money by getting the EX-L Navi because it has lease cash, and EX-L without Navi does not.

1 Like

No CarPlay in Infinity cars, so it’s not relevant. I didn’t really look into the Navi option as it’s more expensive and from I remember on Honcker the lease was more expensive.

I mean, you asked for a $40k car that will lease for $383 a month. A Q50 does. For quite a bit less actually. And a loaded $53k Q50 Hybrid will lease for $0 down, $390-399 a month all-in with tax. I had an offer on the table at that amount a few weeks ago.

All things equal between say, an Accord Touring and a Q50 Luxe, I’d take the Accord honesty. But things aren’t equal and the Q50 leases for a lot less.

“find me one deal for a series 5 (which is same size I would say as an accord) with the technology, airplay and everything rolled in, and 15k for anything close to $400”. It was a typo airplay was supposed to be CarPlay. My bad.

Volvo S90 and maybe a Genesis G80. I got a G90 for my mom at $368 w/tax. But that was two years ago. I don’t think they lease as nicely today.

Volvo S90 is going for >$500 with tax and fees rolled in on Honcker in nj

1 Like

OP is showing the deal he got and not asking for advice on entry level bmw/merc. He got a good deal on a car he likes. Let’s move on. If everyone is just looking for the leasehackr worthy lease, all will be driving a GM.

2 Likes

You haven’t looked hard enough then.

2 Likes

Faster yes…“Significantly”…that’s a bit of a stretch.

Now compare to the 320.