2018 GM Costco Auto Program Holiday Sales Event

i was able to do that 2 yrs ago, hopefully that still works.
Thanks anyway @chevysalesgirl for trying to let people know, i wish I had seen it but it was buried in your long thread

1 Like

@chevysalesgirl warned everyone yesterday or Sunday about this in her thread.

EDIT: Didn’t read far enough down to see @jon beat me to the punch on this. My bad.

2 Likes

Odds are 100% zero.

1 Like

This is great! Knew that costco membership would pay off!! I assume this offer will last through the end of 2018? Aka, we’ll be able to take advantage of the best offers from GM and still get the costco offer as well?

(I’m still new to this)

The link has more information including when the program ends. I’d recommend looking at it

Does GM have any tax credit in Texas? The tax kills every single deal in Texas.

Does this make leasing any of the big SUV’s (Suburban, Escalade etc.) more reasonable?

They have extra lease cash that varies by model.

Edit: Looks like only Caddy now has extra Texas GM lease cash.

You might want to check out the Premier Edition Tahoe and Suburban that is exclusive to the program, but there’s no details on numbers yet besides the extra 4500 incentive.

Costco deal - 2018 Volt LT. This is what the dealer is quoting (California) for 10k/per year:
MSRP: 30,295
Govt Fees: 487.92
Proc/Doc: 117.75
Acquisition fee: 650
Gross Cap Cost: 31,045
Rebate: 7648
Cash down: 2650
Net Cap: 22,264.86
Residual: 50%
Term: 36 monthly
Payments: 200
Upfront taxes: 812.98
Amount due: 2650

Deal or no deal? What is the best out there? How much room do I have.

Appreciate your insight…

30,295 seems low for the MSRP, that sounds like the selling price with dealer discount, which sounds good if accurate. I’m not sure on the RV for 10k but that sounds about right. What’s the Money factor? Should be 00102 I believe, if your cash down is being used to pay the acquisition fee I believe that there should be a reduction on that. You need to double check the rebates in your zip code, plus know if you qualify for loyalty or conquest, which I think is another 500, plus the 500 for Costco, unless they are including that in their selling price.

1 Like

The “supplier price” on the Bolt LT (as optioned) is 37,809, the MSRP is 39,040.
The local dealer that shows this vehicle in inventory has it listed at a couple of thousand LESS than the supplier price. In that case, does the supplier price do me any good??

Also, you need to know if the Costco discount stacks with the Supplier/Educator/College discount if you qualify, which I don’t know the answer to yet.

My understanding is that the Supplier discount is treated as a VIN specific rebate. If that’s the case you should negotiate a selling price before any other discounts or rebates, and apply the supplier discount as a rebate afterwards.

So treating supplier price as a rebate would mean the dealer still needs to give a discount as well? Looking at a 2019 equinox supplier pricing is $1174 off, then I negotiate dealer discount, and finally add all my rebates I qualify for. To get the finally selling price.

ALWAYS start with dealer discount. Ask for the selling price of the vehicle before any rebates or incentives are applied. That’s your starting point. Then factor in the additional rebates. Supplier is coming from GM so that costs the dealer nothing, and they will most likely offer a weaker discount and pocket the difference if you tell them about it first. Same with the additional rebates and incentives that you may qualify for. Always start with the dealer discounted price first, and make sure that it is not including any rebates.

I just saw that you are looking at a 2019, so there may be restrictions as to whether or not they can go below supplier. You might want to verify that.

Yeah that’s what I’m stuck on. If that’s the case then I’m all set with getting a 2019, under 4% off isn’t going to do it for me. I know it’s a new model but it’s still a Chevy. I would probably be better off stacking the $500 Costco on a 2018 instead. Hundreds on the lots down here in FL as well.

No lease programs this month (at least as of right now) on remaining 2018 models. You can always just skip supplier and push for 10% or more on your own if the supplier won’t stack on a 2019 for some reason.

1 Like

Well at least I have time to figure it out. Thanks to @chevysalesgirl for the reminder to get my Costco membership!

1 Like