2018 F150 lariat lease deal

Mine the Edmund’s thread for your region and you will have some idea. Also, sometimes the Edmunds guys post late at night.

So dealer responded that the deal is structured at 2%. Quote: “Regardless of what your perception is of the “base APR”, our agreement was at payments of 572.76/mo”

I havn’t signed a thing, so we don’t have any set in stone agreement in place. I did however put a refundable deposit down last week to hold the truck. Have to say I’m a little irritated at that response… deciding whether the 0.8% is enough to walk on the deal or just move forward.

Wow. They truly are being stubborn… did edmunds come back to yiu on what the base is ?

Oh never mind you had the numbers for 36 already. Are you ok doing 24 months ?

Yes… yes they are. I was planning on picking the truck up today, and he said the truck is cleaned, preped, and ready. As if i already signed the papers :angry: Weighing out what kind of war is worth waging over the APR with these people vs moving forward.

What kind of things do people ask for when they sign the lease in terms of extras? Mats, bed liner, ect

And you are doing 15k miles for 3 years right? You dont want 2 years?

The key is to either have a backup offer (and be willing to use it) and/or being willing to let the deal fall apart and walk away. This PCO expires at the end of this month. For the last 6 months, there has been a PCO relatively publicly available - but don’t seem to be any widespread links floating around. The $50 or $60 a month the lower MF would save you does not make as much of a difference on a $600/mth Lariat but makes a huge difference on a $300 XLT lease.

Find the three closest dealers to you that have a Lariat you would want, use the LH calculator to determine what the monthly cost should be on it. Send them a text saying that “I am leasing an F150 Lariat today. I currently have an offer for xxx/mth on a $yyK MSRP at another dealer. I prefer vehicle zzz on your lot (pick a stock #), if you can beat this price, I will buy from you today.”

For your xxx/mth offer, compute it using base rate MF as opposed to elevated. Up to you whether you want to use a deeper discount since the one you are getting is paltry. You should also mention the PCO because it is material to the deal and you are trying to close today.

I had decent success in weeding out other dealers using this process when I leased my Tundra.

Funny you mention that, because I just finished a search of 4 dealers close to me and searched their inventory. Of course none of them had a lariat that wasn’t fully loaded or bare minimum. The clock is ticking unfortunately, and I have a feeling if i tried to pull the “ill walk card” they would just call my bluff.

Yes, its a challenge if they are picked over - will only get more so as the year progresses - at least in regards to 2018s.

dont be afraid to expand your radius to 100 or even 200 miles, you can always get the majority of the deal done over the phone and in my experience dealers will stay past closing time to get a deal done just to make that monthly sales goal or squeeze one last sale in.

Well I think I’ve just decided to pull the trigger on this thing. I’ll be cutting it close, and really don’t want to lose this PCO. I appreciate the help from you guys, and I’ll post up what ends up going down.

one last trick you could pull out of the book is to ask them to sweeten the deal with a bedliner/ extended warranty or ask them to drop down the mf by .4% to meet you in the middle.

Given the prevalence of PCOs in past months, why rush to sign on this deal? Call the dealer and tell them you won’t be signing unless they use the base rate MF and if they aren’t willing to use the base MF you will shop elsewhere. The dealer won’t play ball I would simply walk away. There are far too many other dealers and trucks out there to work with a dealer like that.

My current vehicle is not in good shape, almost to the point where its unreliable. Not really sure how long it has left before something goes. I would rather get the 1k trade in for it now and use the POC before I’m forced to buy something likely in the short term without it. Also with inventory running low, not sure I would get something close to what I want.

I was going to push for a spray in liner… given their reluctance with the MF I hope they will at least offer something extra or a portion of it.

Naturally, that is your choice, but if I were shopping for an F-150 I would look for a better deal.

For 50-60 bucks a month I’d walk. But maybe that’s just me being a stubborn ass . 2 months ago I helped get my mother in a new Jeep Cherokee and I left a dealership over 10$ and drove 15mins down the road and bought at a different dealer.

the issue is that his 3k pco expires today which is closer to $100 a month, at this point after all the work he has put in saving him $50-$60 tomorrow does him no good because he lost that extra $30 with the pco, plus he’s picky with options and wants a well equipped lariat which I agree the stock is dwindling.

Ye the pco is a risk but I’m sure it’ll be back. It’s only been floating around all year .

I can’t get a PCO after calling Ford Marketing.

So I ask them “how will they reach their 1million F150 sales for 2018” if they don’t give them out ??