2018 expedition platinum

Sounds like your mind is made up. You should take the deal.

1 Like

I appreciate that but was trying to figure out if I’m missing something in the deal.

Based on the limited information we have, this deal seems reasonable if you’re set on this vehicle. It is expensive for what it is and that is in large part because of the less than stellar residual. I’d make sure you’re getting the buy rate on MF by confirming the rates on edmunds.

I’d like to remind the regulars here that not everyone comes here knowing how we operate. Also, not everyone here is looking for the bottom dollar deal - sometimes being happy with the car is more important than having the best deal in the class.

Let’s try to be courteous, civil, and welcoming to new members here.

4 Likes

The rate is the rate on edmunds…of .1 percent. Isn’t that essentially almost zero? I assume the residual is low because it is a 2018?

Thank you for your thoughts. You are spot on in your understanding of how I came to my choice. My objective is the best deal on the car I want…and not the best deal on a car in the class. I am very specific bc for example, I won’t but 6 kids in the gmc/Chevy version as it only comes with 4 head resets.

Is 0.1% the interest rate or are you saying the money factor is 0.001? If the former, then best imagineable. If latter then not so great (implies interest rate of 2.4%).

Ford does APR % for MF. So it’s 0.1%.

Ah, good to know!

I think you mean criteria. Criterion is singular. Using fancy words incorrectly doesn’t make you sound smarter.

Yeah, everyone is now aware that @Bostoncarconcierge is a bully. Strange we never figured this out before the hot-headed oracle of all things suspension and crash ratings joined our soirée. He’s one of the most respected and liked members, in case you missed my sarcasm.

4 Likes

Cool beans. Obviously you are supporting your buddy and that’s cool. Sorry that I made a typo. I’ll try to do better next time. But I’m not sorry I have strong opinions about the vehicle I want. I consider certain options to be inferior…like 6 headrests in an 8 passenger vehicle. When I use those seats…how do I pick who gets whiplash in a crash? Suspension quality is very important to me.

one of the most ridiculous posts I have seen yet, these guys are telling you that it’s not a good deal and you continue to push for the deal, these large vehicles dont lease well to begin with especially considering how new the platform is and how big of a hit the navigator is, at 900 I would spend an extra few hundred to get what you want if you can afford it and like it(clearly the interior is your favorite).

I’ll try to explain it in a way you can understand, cars like designer clothes have a market and season, if you want the newest stuff you have to “pay the piper.” While the expedition is a great choice the higher trims are pretty much near whar you would spend for a decently loaded navigator aka bang for buck is better with the luxury version (the navigator), I don’t know where you are getting $1200 as that’s what we pay for a $100k black label, I have seen well loaded reserve models around 1k-1.1k and if you lighten up on some options you could get right at about high 900s in my opinion with a good dealer discount. Also depends on how much of a deal the navigator is in your area, in some hot markets or markets with limited availability you are going to have a tougher time getting a deal, I would seriously consider looking into a broker who specializes in the ford and Lincoln area who can give you better insight on the deal.

I think you should take some time and read the people’s posts before you start throwing shots, this is a forum where people try to give you honest advice, not try to roast you.

4 Likes

Ok. It seems that this thread has outlived it’s useful life. I believe OP did get the information they need and now the discussion is no longer productive.

Thanks all.

5 Likes