2018 Equinox LT AWD $233/mo TTL included through Honcker

2018 Equinox 1LT AWD

MSRP: $29,645.00
Selling Price: $25,256.95
Rebates: $3,250 (GM Incremental CCR: 1,000 / Checy Select Market: 750 / GM Comp. Lease: 1,500)
Trade-in: $0–Dealer made the last 3 payments on my Outback

Months: 24
Annual Mileage: 10

MF: ???
Residual: $20,751.50

Security Deposit: $0
Total Due At Signing: $233.18
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $233.18

Zip Code: 07628-Northern NJ
Sales Tax Rate: 6.875%

Thought I’d post since this site has been very helpful as I considered a number of cars to replace my Outback. I went through the Honcker app after trying a few times to snag a leftover 2017 Equinox or Terrain. Here’s what was presented to me as I shopped:

• Equinox LT FWD w/no options: $269/mo with $2500 out of pocket (I forget the breakdown of B.S. fees), and they would pay the last 3 payments)

• Terrain SLE FWD w/no options: $209/mo with $2000 out of pocket (there was no talk of a trade-in when they tried to convince me the Honcker numbers “weren’t real”).

I considered another Outback, even a Highlander to go a little bigger, but in the end, I wanted to go cheaper for the next 2 years as we save up for a couple of house projects. Honcker app and process was easy. The posted price was $178 a month with $1337 out of pocket. I asked to roll the fees in, but I still had to pay the first month out of pocket. I’m sure many other Hackers could have shaved a few bucks off (my calculations were about $230 with nothing out of pocket), but I didn’t care too much, as I’m saving about $162 a month from my last lease, and they took my car with only 1 key, and a questionable side door repair from an errant shopping cart in 50 mph winds–reputable body shop that must have given me their 3rd string body guy.

While looking through the contract, the car also includes Theft Avery coverage ($370), and Key Replacement ($595). I’m sure this is where the extra bucks come in, but like I said, I’m satisfied with the deal considering I still get AWD, it’s the new platform, and I only gave them 1 month to start anew. Dealer is Grand Prize Chevy in Nanuet, NJ

1 Like

Surprising they are usually crooks, its in NY btw.

1 Like

It is grand prize chevy nanuet ny. Sales manager Solomon is a jerk and agreed they are typically crooks. This and one other traverse is a good deal. That’s it.

They did apparently sneak in $1000 of extras into the contract.

They did, but their price was still the lowest on Honcker, for what it’s worth.

Shocked they gave you a 15% discount
Refused to give anything close to 5% or supplier to me. Which salesman did you use and what color. You did get an overall good deal considering no one else wanted to go beyond supplier discount. Also did they buy the car? Are they just making the last payment? If they are not buying the car you are still on the hook for any issues unless they put in writing they will cover them if they occur during the subaru lease return. You better check on that…again shocked they covered your 3 other payments
Maybe they added it onto the price? That extra 1000 part of the lease or separate
If in the MSRP then you are leasing your portion or 31% so it’s not That much overall. Again still a good deal

I ended up with a Sandy Ridge Metallic car instead of Pepperdust–completely my mistake, and when I noticed, I didn’t want to screw up anything with my trade. I just wanted to close the deal.

Dealer bought the car (it was not added onto the price of the lease), so I don’t expect any issues.

I had a great experience with Grand Prize when I grabbed a Traverse LT AWD through Honcker for $259, albeit they did drop to around $230 towards end of month

How did it you gets them to buy the car through honcker. That a requirement on your end.

They signed up with Honcker…I just clicked on the app without knowing the dealer. That it was only 25 minutes from my house, and not a Chevy dealer where I test drove a couple cars, was a bonus.

I was asking how you got them to purchase your car. I don’t have honcker. I figured their deals were straight nothing complicated or added like rolling in other leases or purchases etc. Did that happen after you wanted to make a deal.

Well, now when you click to lease the car, the next screen has a box that you can click on, saying you are turning in a lease. I did that, and when the dealer contacted me via text, I explained that I would only move forward with the lease without the remaining payments rolled in (in other words, if they were going to just roll the 3 payments into the new lease and not consider some compromise or buy the car, they shouldn’t bother).

Salesman mentioned how good the price was already, but when I gave him some basic details on the car, he said they should be able to take care of the remaining payments. My car was clean, and he held his end of the deal. I did have a deal on another Outback fall through because the dealer didn’t seem too keen on taking my trade (strange, for a Subaru dealer), but what’s the point of getting a great deal if you’re just going to minimize it by tacking on remaining payments?
Hope this helps.

Did they actually buy your Outback and only gave you 3 months payments for it? They probably made more money on it.

They bought it, so I’m sure they only did so because they could make money on it. However, when faced with dealers who wanted me to just roll the payments into the new lease (and they would take the car off my hands as if they were doing me a favor), or the prospect of obtaining financing to buy the car outright and then sell it for what may or may not have been a decent profit (selling it against CPO versions), I was OK with them making money off of it as long as I got the deal I wanted.

Currently showing 154$/month with 1300 drive off for $29645 car on Honcker. No better deals on FWD, so still debating

1 Like

Also Costco had 700 Cash card , wondering how to make it applicable.

What make and model? Although I am now in a lease, after downloading the Honcker app and monitoring for a month, no payments were close to that low. While others here might not consider that a good deal (due to the costs at signing), depending upon the vehicle, it very well could be.

(It should be noted. However, there was only one make, but various models, in my area)

It is same as OP. 2018 Chevrolet Equinox 1LT AWD with MSRP 29645$ for 10k/24 at 154$ with 1317 driveoff. I have lease conquest . If you dont have the conquest then I guess it will be around $70 expensive for you .

Did anybody had experience with paramuschevrolet ? They had 2018 Chevy Equinox 1lt fwd 0 down 99/month 10k/24 . is it bait and switch

Don’t bother with Paramus Chevrolet. This was the dealership that wanted me to pay the full 6.875% tax on the selling price of the car on a 24 month lease on a 2017 Equinox FWD leftover. They were at about $269 a month, with me paying about $2,500 out of pocket for “inception fees.”

The lease deals they print are full of shit!