2018 Encore Preferred AWD | Need help with my lease numbers

WOW just on the 13% off MSRP … how did you manage that much? Dealers are not budging more than 5%

That includes a guaranteed $1k in trade-in on a vehicle not worth that, they won’t even be able to wholesale it but they can write it off. I wasn’t even going to bother with trade but when I told them they were too high they said driving anything onto the lot gave some flexibilty

W/o trade-in would be 23393, so 9% off

edit what’s kind of pissing me off is the inconsistent incentives… i.e. OP is showing full bonus cash to reach incentives totaling $8k, three dealers told me their programs don’t support that. Regional thiing? I’m in Louisiana

As far as I know there’s some regional differences. I qualify for 5750 Total. Just spoke to the 187/mo place and it sounds like they are willing to give me what I want, I’m waiting for a full breakdown though. With their fees, etc I need about 23009 as my selling price, just shy of 11% off 25790. We shall see.

hey can you pm me your calculation. I am using the boss app but not able to see match. I am pretty positive, I just don’t know how to use the app accurately :smiley:

The leasehackr calculator is slightly off from what I’m getting, but you get the idea. I adjusted the Doc fee accordingly since leasehackr still lists the bank fee for Buick at 595 and you can’t change it. It seems to have gone up to 650 this year.

GM Lease fee is now $650
$3,000 conquest good for ANY 1999 or newer non GM owned or leased. (Better than Chevy offer of only certain Asian brands)
24 month RV .64 10k; MF .00131
Probably better to waive the $650 and add .00075 to MF if getting big discounts and lease cash (make dealer run both ways)

Hmm I hadn’t thought of that tactic…

I ran it that way with a 0.00206 MF and no bank fee, but it doesn’t seem to help.

As of right now if I put a 500 dollar deposit down tonight and pick up by this weekend I’m at 176 a month with 177 due at signing. All taxes and fees included. 24 months, 15k miles a year. The 177 at signing will just come out of the deposit refund. This appears to be a loaner vehicle though, so I need some more information about mileage on it, etc before I pull the trigger on it.

Don’t even have to bother… They have another one on the lot with zero miles, not a demo and they will do the same deal. 176 a month, 177 at signing. Thoughts?

Preferred FWD?

MSRP? SALE PRICE?

Preferred FWD. It’s 25755 I think, I’d have to double check. Don’t have the sales price at the moment but it can only be about the number I was trying to hit if that’s their figure.

Have you considered a one pay to get the MF back down? Might save some more that way. Are you in Jersey for your $5750 in rebates? If so, can you tell me what that consists of and/or if there were any other (or better) rebates you didn’t qualify for? Might look into one of these as well.

Thanks

Was worried about potential losses as well as putting down so much money up front like that. I’m in NJ. Getting the 3000 conquest, 2000 lease cash and an additional 750 select market CCR.

OK thanks.

Certainly not a drop in the bucket but it is not a huge outlay and in the unlikely event the car is totaled, there is probably still a good chance of getting some or most of it back I guess.

I am in NJ as well. Will be watching to see how you do :wink:

So the MSRP of the Encore I’m looking at is 25,735. Selling price before rebates appears to be 22,987.68 backing out the rebates from the 17,237.68 number I was given. 5750 in rebates, 62% RV, 0.00131 MF. About 10.7% off. The numbers I’m getting are all over the place, but this is definitely my best quote. Anyone think there’s anything here I’m leaving on the table?

If you believe the CarJojo numbers they are losing between 375 and 480 off the “True dealer cost” which I’m guessing is being offset with 500 in flex cash to make it a net positive deal?

Just drove it home. Note some of the below’s a bit wacky, dealer was backing into terms matching another’s so they moved some numbers around a bit, futzed with both sides of the deal to accommodate the fees and also the up-front to match. The monthly actually came out $10 less than they were shooting for, somehow

18 Buick Encore Preferred FWD
36mo/10k miles

MSRP 25755
Sale price 23228 (10% off)
Trade-in 1000 (2000 Ford Explorer with 220k miles, destined for scrap… just “new” enough to grab that $3k Conquest)(although my wife owns a Rogue so didn’t need it for that)
Gross cap cost 22228
MF .00091
RV 55%
Mfr Incentives total $5k: $3k Conquest, $2k GM Lease incentive
Acq 650, license/reg 260.50, disposition 495
0 down, $810 at drive-off, monthly $148.19 (they were meeting that arbitrary up-front so the remainder of the fees were rolled in)
Total lease cost ~$6,144
ps 9.5% tax, on monthlies, rolled in. CCR are taxed, so ~$530 on CCR :frowning:

I have no idea how to leasecalc this…

So what you’re getting seems to be pretty consistent with what I’m getting pricing wise, only I’m looking for 15k miles a year, which obviously changes things a bit. Good to know. Jersey tax is lower at 6.625% so that makes a difference too.

What did you think of it? I was pretty happy with my test drive. It’s comfortable up front, I’d say the back is a little tight for adults but workable for anything that’s not a long road trip. Car seats should be OK front facing. Rear facing would be very tight. Rear storage is decent, definitely enough for a weekend road trip or grocery run. It’s not gonna blow anyone away performance wise but it doesn’t feel miserably underpowered. Ride was pretty smooth too. It’s been awhile but it reminded me of test driving the Fiat 500x, without the weird transmission they used.