2018 Encore Preferred AWD | Need help with my lease numbers

Hey hackrs - Working on an Encore Preferred AWD (trying to replicate @Masterblaster deal but no where close.

Got the following numbers on Encore Preferred AWD

|MSRP|27105|
|Sale |25750| (5% off the MSRP - is there room for me to negotiate further down from the MSRP?)
|Incentives|7750| (GM Financial: $750; Bonus Cash: $3500; Conquest: $3000; Flex Cash: $500)
|sale price|18000| (sale minus incentives)
|MF|0.00135| (3.24% … going through USAA bank and I am not happy with this rate anyway but do I have a choice?)
|Residual|52%| (seems low?)
|Dealer Doc|399|
|Bank Fee|595|
|Lic. Regis|411|
|39 months|$225 per month. True 0 drive off, 0 down

What’s my best bet to negotiate the sale price? how much low is it practically possible. Look forward to hear from the hackr experts!

5% off MSRP seems low. Re-run the numbers with 24 month term and see what you get. Should be better.

he did supposedly and came up with $260 - I don’t know how!

I’m guessing @Masterblaster’s deal was with the captive and not USBank. Get the RV/MF for the captive and run it through the calculator.

the dealer is insisting on running it with US bank since its giving the conquest lease cash. It didn’t make sense to me since conquest lease cash is independent of which lender we use as far as I know but the dealer isn’t clear on this

Then find another dealer. 5% off MSRP should be easily reached by any Buick dealer.

how much off the msrp can be expected on this vehicle?

I’m running into a similar wall regarding this particular model so far. I haven’t really spread out too far yet but 5% off is about all I’ve gotten, and on top of that they want to use US Bank too at 36 months. I was able to leverage Honcker’s current deal and get them to agree to match it directly, which is 207/mo for 24/15k with 311 total due at signing, but that’s still about 30 a month more than I’m willing to go with just first month’s payment at signing. I think that will definitely get better as the month goes on, but I have no idea how much longer my competitive lease I turned in will still be able to be used.

OK… Trending downward (I think). Quote #2 198/month, 24 months, 15k miles a year just “plates” due at signing. Asked for an exact total dueto see if it’s really better than the Honcker deal. Paid 354 in DMV on Saturday so I can’t imagine it’s more than that, especially since it weighs less than an Acadia.

For what it’s worth I see a March ad for a $25755 MSRP 2WD Encore Preferred at Tustin Buick-GMC for $129 with nothing down except tax and license. You’ll need a non-GM lease at that price.

$129 payment plus tax and license per month for 24 months. Payment does NOT include tax, title and license fees. Tax, title and license is due at signing. Based on approved credit. $0 down plus tax and license for current non-GM or competitive lessees. Must show proof of ownership. $1500 down plus tax and license for current Buick, GMC, Chevrolet lesees. $3000 down plus tax and license for all other well-qualified buyers. Tax and license are extra. Mileage charge $0.25/mile over 20,000. See dealer for details.Your payments may vary. Payments are for a 2018 Buick Encore 1SB with an MSRP of $25,755 or less. Option to purchase at lease end for an amount to be determined at lease signing. Lessor must approve lease. Lessee pays for maintenance, repair and excess wear. Tustin Buick Special. Not available with some other offers. Residency restrictions apply. Must take delivery by April 2, 2018.

1 Like

I wonder what the mileage is… Probably 10k? That’s usually what they advertise for. Around me they had a similar ad for 99/mo for 10k with tax, tags and bank fee. I basically want to go key for key with someone. Take my Malibu, I’ll pay the remaining payments myself when they bill me and keep me at my current payment of 176, first month due at signing. I basically need an extra 1000 off I think. I believe I could shave some off by doing a plate transfer from the Malibu since they are both registered in my name through A Car Leasing/GMF

The fine print below states that it’s 20k miles over 24 months

With a deal like this, we are looking close to $160 (with tax, tags, titles all inclusive) - true $0 drive off … correct?

California sales tax rates depends on what city/county you live in. But lets ballpark the drive-offs at $850 (plus or minus depending.

so if I amortize the drive-offs over the remaining 23 months
I get $129 + ($850/23) ~= $165 plus sales tax ==> ~ $180 all in

yea that makes sense.

but this deal is for FWD … and I shared my numbers for AWD. I am not obviously supporting the numbers I got yet but just to point out AWD/FWD …

So if FWD $180 and AWD $220 … does it sound like a good deal or clearly there seems to be room because these are still their advertised price and not negotiated

You need to know the residual values (RV) for both FWD and AWD. Go over to the Edmunds Buick Encore forum and ask what they are. If the AWD RVs are the same then it’s just a case of doing the RV math on prices.

For example if your RV after 24 months is 64% then take the MSRP difference and multiply it by (1-RV) and then divide that amount by the lease term to get your extra payment amount.

So if the AWD goes for $2000 MSRP more you would get ($2000*(1-.64)/24) ==> $30 more.

Add in maybe a dollar more for interest over the lease ==> $31 more.

Do your own math for your specific deal.

1 Like

I put some work in today trying to get someone to beat Honcker (24/15k, 207/mo with 311 total drive off) and I’m getting nowhere. I actually went in person to my dealer to pick up my new plates and I test drove it while I was there and they will only match Honcker. I still have that other quote for 198 plus DMV fees (if truthful), but I’ve heard back from around 5 other places too today and nobody is even close. Insisting that tax and tags must be extra (which they definitely aren’t on Honcker), etc.

Looks like then the deal I got from Lester Glen is best so far. $220 for Encore Preferred AWD with true 0. Basically with all the rebates I qualify for, I am at 33.6% off the MSRP with $220/month. btw, this dealer had said he will throw in roof rack, money for remote started for after market installation. I am still working with them to get more discount pre incentives.

If you are locally close, we can approach the same dealerships for 2 similar cars if that will drive the numbers in our favor. I am happy to share my research as I am starting to get offers.

I am up for Preferred FWD also :smiley:

OK… 187.77 with 500 total due at signing now on a preferred FWD. We’re getting there…

I’m talking with a couple dealers now on the same vehicle (FWD not AWD though) and here’s where we are on a 36/10:

MSRP 25790
Sale 22393 - 13% off MSRP
MF .000916 - 2.2% APR
RV 55%
Incentives total $5k: Bonus 750, Regional $750, Conquest $3000, GMAC $750
"TTL" (i.e. reg)/doc/acq total ~$700
0 down, first payment $820, monthly $154
Total lease cost ~$6,350

ps 9.5% tax, on monthlies