2018 Chevy Volt LT lease good deal?

@vinhboy is exactly right, rural dealers can’t hit volume numbers so they don’t try. The big dealers do most of the time except when we don’t have enough inventory.

1 Like

Just leased a base 2018 Volt LT + color extra + comfort package. Paid one-pay $7600 including taxes/fees + $500 XS wear lease protection. Wrote a check for $8100 OTD. Standard 36 month, 10K miles per year lease. This includes the $2500 Asian conquest rebate and corporate rebate (you need to qualify for both).

MSRP: $34950
Sale price: $30900
Cap cost reduction: $8250
Adj cap cost: $22650

I’ve had at least 3 SF Bay Area Chevy dealerships match the above, so I would say you can definitely do better (sales price ideally under $30K). Email and get the offers in writing so you can negotiate with others. There are plenty of Volts in stock.

I leased a Volt LT with leather and comfort package (MSRP $35,670)
36 months, 12K miles per year
One pay of $9356 including everything (Asian rebate). I also qualify for the $1500 state rebate and $599 SMUD rebate (Sacramento).
Kuni Chevrolet - Sacramento - Ask for Ronaldo
Probably could have done better in the Bay area, but didn’t want to make the drive to save a few hundred.

Any better deals going on now in April?

Guys, I have no idea if I got a good deal or not. Got sucked into the dealership with an advertised $169/mo Volt lease. But mine…ended up looking very different.

For one thing, they did the big push to get me into the one they had on the lot, not the one I asked for. So it’s an LT with $3500 worth of options on it—some worthwhile (upgraded paint color, comfort package, driver confidence package, Bose system, leather seats) and some not (all weather mats, blacked out bowties, cargo net). So that puts the MSRP at $37,620. In other words, they basically took an LT and optioned it into a Premiere—I have no idea why they’d spec the car that way, but OK.

My trade was worth about $2250 net.

Mileage is 12k/year and 25c/mi for overage.

So with nothing down but the trade, all fees and 8% tax included, I ended up with 35 payments of $300 each.

Honestly I can’t tell if this was a good deal or not. The paperwork suggests that they discounted the car by $3681 and applied $6750 worth of incentives, which sounds great, but also seems like a total of over ten grand off should have gotten me to a lower number.

I see people posting truly insane Volt lease deals on here all the time, so I just don’t know. I mean I like the car a lot, but it seems to me that a couple grand net down and 300 a month would have been enough to get me into a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV (essentially a Volt SUV) or a Honda Clarity PHEV (essentially a Buick Volt), both of which are More Car; or maybe, in an alternate universe where Bolt deals hadn’t suddenly gotten so terrible, into the Bolt I would have preferred.

1 Like

Any good deals this month?
thanks

It’s pretty futile to try justifying the deal after the fact. I do understand, you want to know, but believe me, you don’t. If it is in fact a good deal, you will srug your shoulders and move on, if it’s not you’ll be pissed at yourself and who knows else that was remotely involved in this deal. Just try enjoying the car you got and don’t worry how many pennies you may or may not have saved. I don’t know what is the all electric range of the Mitsubishi or Honda, but I doubt it as much as the Volt has. Enjoy, and I mean it.

2 Likes

That sounds like good advice.

Next time, just try educating yourself ahead of time and keep you trade separate from the new lease/purchase if all possible. That way you will know close to 100% before getting your deal and won’t have to worry about it afterwards. Again, enjoy, it’s a wonderful vehicle.

Hi Can you share a quote and dealers info.
Thnx

Hi all, I am looking to contribute and give back to the community that helped me save a bunch of money on my car lease. This is in SoCal, San Diego area.
Chevy Volt LT
$34125
$179/mo
$1999 down
10K Miles
For $1200 down, it goes to $207 mo.

https://www.weselohchevy.com/

You have some interesting bookmarks on your screen shot Shout out to chevysalesgirl. Premier is bookmarked.

@ChevyPhil leased my wife a 2018 Chevy Volt LT. It wasn’t as sweet of a deal as what people were seeing in March, but he made every effort to use every rebate possible. I won’t publish the deal here since what applies to us won’t necessarily apply to you. However, I will say it was very easy to deal with Phil. It was no nonsense. I told him what deals I had seen and what I had already been offered. Phil came back with the best deal he could give us. We took it. When we sat down with the finance manager, the deal presented by Phil was exactly what was on contract. No up-selling, no nonsense, and no time wasted.

Thanks @ChevyPhil.

1 Like

Hey Phil, I am looking to lease a new Chevy Volt 2018 for 36 months/12K. What would be a good deal. I am being offered 295$ Per month with zero down and overuse/wear tear protection.

Getting a deal for one time payment of 9200 for a new Chevy Volt LT 3 year / 12K miles with excess wear tear protection. Should I take it or wait it out till Memorial day?

I’m in the same boat, getting almost the same deal as you are.

I am going to wait until Memorial day.

That deal is not going anywhere till at least the month end so definitely won’t hurt to wait till Memorial day if you are not in a hurry.

1 Like

incentives and discounts wont change for these for memorial day. All of the end or the month deals are out, plug-ins didnt change. The general public who doesn’t shop online is programmed to shop on holidays, your looking at 5-6 hours at the dealer for the same deal and less inventory available. And when things are flying off the shelves you have less leverage then when it’s slow. I hope this help. Happy hunting in your local areas.

1 Like

Can you share the breakdown . How much is coming for excess era tear protection and how much for actual lease . thanks

Don’t remember the exact details. I was more interested in seeing whats total out of pocket either one time payment or lease for 36 month term. When I brought up that folks have been able to do this for around 8500, they proposed the 9175 OTD for car + excess wear tear. What numbers are you seeing? I am also trying to get driver confidence package but it seems to be 1500+ more though I still have to negotiate.