2018 Premier, MSRP $43,605, 36/15, zip 12020 (NY), sales tax rate 7%:

Sale price $41,45.51
Doc fee $75
Acquisition fee $650
Other fees $22.50
Capitalized sales tax $1,593.43
Additions $299
Total gross cap $43,785.44

Rebates $6,000 (including $2,000 NY point of sale tax rebate)
Net cap cost $37,785.44

Residual $23,134.50

$0 down, $0 due at signing, dealer makes first payment.

$431.24/month

Thanks a lot for the help

*sale price $41,145.51

Sound high. I was offered a Kia Optima plug in for 350/350, msrp $41K at Fucillos. They should have taken the fed $7500 rebate plus NY.

From what I’ve been told and what I’ve read, GM offers high lease rebates to compensate for the Fed $7,500 credit. Did Fucillo specifically itemize the Fed credit on your quote?

yeah, i thought fed credit is something I had to deal with, but they took that out of the selling price. So total rebates and credits were like $17k.

Either the dealer is full of s**t or GM financial has different rules with allocating the Fed tax credit into a lease. I asked the dealer 20x if and why not re: the applicability of the Fed tax credit into the deal.

1 Like

You do not get the federal tax credit because you do not own the car. The finance company claims it and passes it on to you in the form of a rebate

GM doesn’t pass on the full $7500. Some of it subsidizes the residual and the remainder is passed on in the form of a rebate

Thanks for clarifying this.

Have you seen lease deals recently in this region for Bolts? Just curious how this stacks up.

Bumping for feedback before I return to the dealer. Is there more meat on the bone?

Thanks for the input.

Current Bolt lease deals if you’re not in CA are just not very good right now. Unless you qualify for one of the current conquest offers.

Part of the $6k in rebates is conquest money for leasing my current vehicle.

Would it be smart to pay the tax and DMV upfront to lower the payment?

Thanks for the reply

Bolt deals in New York may get better at some point, there’s a bill in the state senate to exempt them from sales tax like NJ, but who knows when or if that will pass/get signed.

I was surprised to learn EVs weren’t exempt when I started researching the Bolt. NY is all smoke and mirrors: thin veil of forward thinking with alternatives to gasoline hiden behind the usual politics of taxation. Yeah, heres a 2k rebate that you’ll pay right back to us.

Doesn’t change anything, except save a tiny amount of interest

True. I did the math right after I posted this. Would only be 380ish spread across three years if my math is right.

Not sure how you got that. By paying acq, DMV, doc and tax upfront ($2500) you save just $83 over the entire lease term or $2.3/month, by my calc. ($16,445 vs 16,528)

Where did you get $16,528 from? I’d be making 35 payments of $431.24 , or $15,093.40.

I did a quick calculation. You can show your math here but I don’t see how paying $2,500 upfront can save you $380 ish

Haha no idea where I came up with that. I’m overcomplicating this.