2018 BMW Lease - Working deals now, appreciate any tips/advice/help!

I have thought about doing that as well. I’ve had one offer private party selling already. But I’m trying to get something done now. I will see if that is an option actually to keep them separate.

What value is Carvana giving you? Usually best to keep the trade separate or introduce it after you agree on numbers to limit the variables.

You are paying sales tax and the MF on the negative equity so best to pay it out of pocket if possible.

I don’t think 22% off is realistic for 3 series… they are much more popular than the X2 and dealers have a full month to sell them. Pushing for 20% and getting between that and 18% would be decent based on what we have seen here. I would rather get the car/options I want settle on a ugly color (aka Atlas Cedar) or a bad build to save a few bucks.

1 Like

Interesting, I suppose that does make some sense though.

I am checking carvana now didn’t think of it. I asked them to run without trade also. They must hate me?

I have two dealerships going. The one dealership has 2, and the other has 9 plus the 330i they took on trade that they said they can lease that is super low cost.

I have good credit and decent income, low cost of living, so I might be able to get 2 loans and then sell the other one private just never thought of it.

Why do you need two loans? Do you need two cars?

What are the details on your current car?

2 Likes

If it was traded in… its titled and cannot be leased as a new car via BMWF and not eligible for any incentives. Not even worth going down that path.

They probably prefer leaving your trade out as they are likely just going to send it to auction and it’s just extra work for them.

1 Like

No I don’t need two cars. I mean I’d have the loan on this truck as I apply for this lease (as a second loan in my mind). Obviously I’m selling the truck but at the time of lease I would still have it on record.

2010 Ford F-150, 120k miles . 5.4l V8 ecoboost, SuperCrew 4D with full size 6.5’ bed, XLT Chrome Package, some other little options. Super clean inside and out.

Carvana gave me 11,282, which is better than the 10k the first dealer gave me. Tax breaks bring me close to that amount. I had an offer for 12.5 the other day but was waiting it out until I decided on getting back into BMW and these lease incentives.

This is looking like a better option. But I know I can get more if I sell private party I’ve only listed for a week and have had a ton of inquiries, good used trucks are hard to find in this condition here (or anywhere). Just don’t know if I can do the lease finance with a loan already on the books.

Always better to overshoot! The worst they can say is no or you meet in the middle. My deal back in December was pretty ridiculous, 30% before incentives.

If your income supports it you should be able to swing it, especially if you score a stupidly low payment.

While I’m waiting offers, let me ask you experienced leasehackrs for some of your experience. How do you approach negotiation?

If the offer is way low or close?

Demeanor? Nice? Serious?

Does mileage matter? Are they more likely to part with a 4.5k mileage or a 10 mileage? Which do they want to get rid of?

Do you just get direct and say this is exactly the terms I want, or be general?

Is it rude to play offers between dealers?

Any other thoughts appreciated!

They need you more than you need them, am I correct in that approach? There will always be a better deal.

Search the forum for “how to negotiate”

This thread is approaching the line of hogging attention at the expense of others.

Ok. I’ll do that. Sorry, just waiting on my deal and I’m very interested in everyone’s opinions. I could see how this could become addicting, I’m really hooked on learning the ins and outs of this.

I’ll wait on my offers and do more reading and less talking!

Simplified…

Use timing to your advantage, They may want to move the metal NOW but they still have 29 days to sell it to someone else who may not be as informed.

That being said, I still stand firm on 75% SP before rebates being a reasonable ask on an outgoing body style.

75% SP? What does sp stand for?

Sales price.

You’re funny. :slight_smile: