2018 BMW Lease - Working deals now, appreciate any tips/advice/help!

Sorry, I’ll clarify. The sheet I posted is from Illinois. And yeah, he hit me with like 8% taxes, probably computed Cook County. My county is only 6.5% so they didn’t get that right. That will lower it some.

I’ll have my MN sheet tomorrow and will come back. Just wondering what to look out for. If you look at my first post that shows all the numbers in detail for the IL sheet I posted.

No worries…Ask both dealers what is the money factor is since most of these sheets purposely don’t show it. I should be .00165 for May.

Also reject any dealer addons like “sentinel security”. Just pure profit for the dealer.

Dealer can’t “mark up” tax or registration fees so if it’s quoted incorrectly they will fix it and you won’t pay a penny more.

You also may be better off looking at a 330xi instead of a fully loaded 320ci as there is additional lease cash availability on the 330 for typically a minor price increase.

This is what I have based on the numbers provided. Taxes seem to be 3c what the calculator is saying so that’s a majority of the discrepancy.

Those aren’t very good numbers on a 320i, but look at it this way, you have all month to find a better deal on a 330i or 328d! At this point you really need to push for at least 20% off and buy rate on the MF, I suspect the MF is marked up on this one. The MF is less this month too

2 Likes

I found a loaner 330i xdrive that looks absolutely loaded with options listed on a dealer’s site for $29,750 at 4946 miles. That’s about $3500 less than the 320i with only a few options I am getting a quote on right now. That has to be really good potential right? It’s 7 hours away though. Might be worth the drive. That would be 4k + 1k grad + $250 USAA for me. I had a 3 series like 6 years ago but I don’t think that gets me anything, don’t think I can get loyalty?

No loyalty, but that sounds like the kind of car you need to target. Get a detailed quote from them. Hammer out all the details then go get it!

Post everything here of course, :wink:

1 Like

So I looked at that calculation. It looks like the residual was really good at 66% also? It shows 61% on Dave’s sheet now which pushes the cost up quite a bit. It shows 61% for last month when they quoted it too though. Is this number variable?

I think I’m starting to get it. Kind of.

If I can walk off with what you posted but lower sale price (this one is listed much lower anyway at 33k on their site where this one was at 36+) I’d be real happy.

66 is for 24 months while 61 is 36 month @ 10K. RV cannot be altered or adjusted by the dealer. Due to the level of discount and incentives, 24 month is cheaper than 36.

The dealer probably already has incentives baked into the selling price but it’s worth to ask also car may be a trade in so they might not lease it

Yes however the residual on a loaner would be less than 66 because you need to account for the mileage adjustment

The calculator does it automatically now bud

That makes sense to me Very important piece of information. Thank you!

Hey so you said at least 20%. What would be the most you’d push for? And do you think it’s better to go high and have them come back, or just shoot for what I want? He kept talking about being super aggressive on the two models they have left.

What are the highest you’ve all seen, or average of real good deals? I’m going to search the forum as well to see.

I successfully got 22% off on X2. I wouldn’t hesitate to push for 25% for a 3 series as it’s an outgoing body style.

If my dealer of choice had a nicely loaded 328d I might even consider trading in the LS-F (Which recently came out of warranty) and getting some cash back for my trouble. :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome! I will see what I can do. I have two dealerships, one at really good cost and one at excellent cost listed on their site (with about 8 models still in stock most with less than 10 miles on them). Do I want to drive 250 or 450 miles is the question if it works out :grinning:

If the deal is right I’d fly halfway across the country to sign.

I was just lucky to find a local dealer that I have a current relationship with it’s parent company (Group also owns two Lexus and Cadillac stores that I’ve dealt with in the past) that was willing to play ball and allow me to guide them into the deals I got.

Yeah, I would fly but I’m trading in. That would be ideal!

It is a lease trade-in? Or owned? Have you shopped the trade around?

Owned. Shopping the trade between the dealers now to see initial numbers before I take it in. Probably need to make up 3k but might put the 3k to pay that negative equity down, then run as 0 down out door (just upfront costs).

Roll it in and do MSD’s with that $3,000.

If at all possible I’d advise to keep the trade and the lease separate.

No, pay the neg OOP.

BMW MSD can’t beat the interest + tax you’d pay on the neg by rolling it in.