2018 BMW 430i Gran Coupe Snapper Rocks Blue, demo w/ 4400 miles, 36/10 lease, $400/mo all in

2018 BMW 430i Gran Coupe Snapper Rocks Blue, demo w/ 4400 miles, 36/10 lease
MSRP: $46,945
Sales Price: $37,500 (20% discount)
Rebate: $3000 ($2000 lease cash + $1000 loyalty)
Final Price: $34,500
RV penalty for loaner miles: $975 ($0.25/mile over 500)
RV: 54.92% ($25,782)

Monthly: $400 (including tax)
First payment: $756 (1st month + tax on rebate + doc + some funny DMV fees)

They got me on MF: 0.00171 because they mark it up and there’s no way to get buy rate (they gave me another $500 off for it). That’s what happens when you deal with a chain, AutoNation in this case :frowning:
Supposedly they applied max MSDs but they never asked for any money for the MSD, they may be confused that it auto-transfers from the other lease because I called BMWFS and they told me it doesn’t they will send me a check for the MSDs from my current lease. We’ll see what happens.

But I’m happy with the payment and the car and that’s all that matters in the end. Plus it was a blast to learn from the forums. Thanks a lot!

3 Likes

Nice monthly for a 430

I’ve been paying $430/mo for a 328d for the past 3 years, so yeah, it’s an upgrade … I think. But I will miss the 45mpg for sure! They’ll get me at the pump instead.

And they’ll get me on the last service since BMW changed free service to 36/36 and I’m starting at -7 months because it was put in service in October. Oh well. At least I don’t need to deal with it for another 3 years.

Snapper rocks blue is a great color

A bit worried it’s too flashy and a cop magnet. I’ve been buying gray cars for a while so I figured it’s time to switch it up a bit.

Great color, I would have picked the same.
As long as you don’t drift the thing on the exit ramp, I wouldn’t overly worry about cops. Even though its a flashy color, it’s still just a 4 series so you shouldn’t get too much attention.

Not much of a selection in demo/loaner land, the only interesting one I could find and I looked at a bunch of dealers. Even though my current lease is not up for another 2 weeks, I figured I should get it, the deal was good (except for that marked up MF) otherwise with Memorial Day coming up someone may not be as aggressive in negotiating and the dealer would be happy to sell it for more profit.
I tried to see if I could put a non-refundable deposit on the car and sign the papers on May 31 or even push it a few days into June but dealer says it’s illegal in California to take non-refundable deposits on cars. So for the next 2 weeks I’m paying for 2 BMWs.
I have not turned in the other one, I have room for more miles on it and with a longer trip coming up next week, I figured I’d still use the “old” car rather than add the miles to the new one.

This thread has come full circle. Just sold this car to CarMax for $1390 (and I don’t have to pay BMW the $350 lease return fee). In the end, very low miles on the car, just 22K because of 2020 where I drove only 2K (I was initially worried 10K/yr wouldn’t be enouhg, well, 2020 took care of it!).

I’m in no rush for a new car, waiting for the crazy car market to cool off some.

I would have paid you $1400