Good deal on 2018 Honda Accord Touring 2.0?

good discount, bad lease program. the accord right now should be bought not leased and which its high resale value you can get out of it in 3 years.

1 Like

Here’s your deal in the calculator
Fails 1% rule, and you’re putting $1300 down as a Cap Cost reduction, which is a no-no.

Don’t walk away… run away from this “deal”.

Terrible lease program - buy it if you have to have it, otherwise lease a TLX V6, as others have said.

Agreed, mostly. IDK about 3 years, but the longer you own it the smaller your effectively monthly becomes…depreciation ought to really slow down after year 2 or 3…

Still scratching my head about why people insist on leasing this car.

1 Like

Because a lot of people are coming off leases from the old body accord, which used to go in the high 200’s. They like the car, don’t want to pay the dispo, etc…

1 Like

I don’t know, I guess it just bothers me that people don’t see how bad of a lease it is. I don’t care how good of a lease it was 3 years ago, if the price goes up 100-150 dollars a month, it should be easy to see that it’s a terrible deal.

What’s confusing also is that I think it’s a great car to finance. They’re reliable with great resale value.

1 Like

I wonder - how many of these cars coming off lease have residuals less than their current value and dealers are taking them as a trade (rather than return) and applying the equity as a CCR on the new lease to make it more palatable?

We’re living in a world where it’s more expensive to lease a Honda Accord than a 4 series BMW. Wow.

1 Like

This car checks every box for me and I don’t want to drop $12K to have similar monthly payments.

Keep telling yourself that so leasing it makes more sense.

Your effective monthly is 500 a month…

1 Like

Accord leases suck. I spend ~$180/month LESS on a well equipped $45,000 Infiniti Q50.

Run away.

And what do you mean by dropping $12k more to have similar monthly payments? Your effective monthly payment on an Accord is $499/month. You can get significantly nicer cars for $0 down and $499 a month (or, like I did, $0 down and $320 a month).

1 Like

First, I think some people on this thread could stand to be a little (or a lot) less abrasive.

Second, some here value the deal more than the car. You have to really be committed to that angle, which plenty are, or you will be unhappy with your car. I know I am not going to lease a qx60 just cause it’s a great deal. I’ve driven the new Accord turbo and it’s generally a better car than the TLX since it’s 3 model years newer. I could take or leave Infinitis cheaper offerings. They have their benefits and drawbacks but are not clearly superior vehicles.

That said, this car doesn’t lease well. You have to really do the three year math and see where you come out financing at 1.9% (Honda finance rate) versus leasing. I think you come out ahead financing. Of course that shifts risk to yo and you may not feel comfortable with that risk. Either way, you are going in well prepared so if you will be happiest leasing, go for it.

2 Likes

Even an Aspec with less down

Hello,

I’m sorry that I’m posting this here but I see no other way.

How do I start a new thread in this forum? I don’t see any button to start a new thread. Please advise.

Thanks

After a certain number of forum interactions (page views etc) the button will automatically appear for you.

Got it! Thanks a lot!

Yup… I paid less per month on a 24/15k lease of a $50k MSRP Alfa Giulia Ti!

This is not your place if you have thin skin.
Come here asking how you did on a deal and we’re gonna tell you.
I get that the '18 Accord is a nice car. I’m a huge Honda fan.
I just turned in a '16 Civic EX-L. I was 16 months into a 36/12 zero out-of-pocket lease. I made $300.
I really liked the car.
I couldn’t pass up a new $60K Volvo for $335/mo 24/10.

1 Like

I’m a major Honda guy. I swear by them. I’ll lease other makes but not buy.

With that said, their leases are terrible. Honda wants you to buy Hondas and lease Acuras as is often said here. It’s true. Oh it’s damn true.

For instance. Acura said they’d lease a brand new Rdx for $350 a month all fees and taxes included with $2500 down. (Calculate if you want to put 0 down). That was with minimal haggling. I know it’s an outgoing model but Honda couldn’t even touch it on a car that has a 42k vs 35k price tag (rdx tech vs crv touring).