2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia (Base) -- Possible First Lease Ever (Would Love Help!)

Hey Guys,

This is my first time ever leasing a new car… I’ve always bought third party and drove them into the ground; I’d like to switch it up this time. Having read through the group I know we’re looking for $0 down and a decent markdown off the MSRP-- Here are the numbers I am looking at:

MSRP: $40,895
Net Cap: $34,949

This would be a 24 month lease with $0 but:

$499 Doc Prep Fee
$29.95 License/Title
$650 Acquisition Fee
$268 Tax on Collected items
$400 1st Payment

So basically $400 month (including tax) for 24 months and some drive off expenses.

Originally they tried to get me $460 a month but thought I’d post to the group first… I got a call 30 minutes ago asking if i’d come in to sign today if they got me under $400/month all in… so I know that’s a price I could get.

Not in a huge hurry to get anything but I have the money/credit/etc… I’ve been looking for a nice, clean car for a while— it’s a plus that this car has the red interior.

It looks like it is through Ally financial and the Purchase Option (RV) is $26,113.85 after 24 months.

I’m open to any and all suggestions from those who know more than myself.

Thanks in advance!

You can try pushing them down another $1000 on the net cap… I haven’t seen many base Giulia deals so not sure how much wiggle room they have there.

I’d be down to move up the model tier but don’t want my lease payment too high.

I know it’s midway through the year and the 2019 models will be coming out… Perhaps I just wait?

I’ve been saying I’ll wait since January though…

Where are you located? That is better than what I’m seeing in the Pacific NW.

Las Vegas — I thought it seemed decent but now I’m reading up about how great the Ti package is.

it’s not terrible - is the 34k before incentives or after?

I don’t see a breakdown saying incentives. I see a “rebate savings” of $2,750 after a discount savings of $3,196.

So yes, I would be the 34.9k is after everything.

I don’t have all the numbers in front of me but here’s a data point on ours.

2018 Ti Sport RWD
MSRP: $44,XXX

$429.00 x 23 months
$0 out of pocket / $0 down
SoCal dealer

They said this couldn’t be replicated but who knows. Car did come with 64 miles so maybe it was test drive mule? PM if you want their contact info

I was speaking to Amin at OC Alfa Romeo in Los Angeles today and he is a WEALTH of knowledge. Since you are in Las Vegas, I highly recommend calling him and seeing what kind of deal he can put together for you. He didn’t have what I wanted, but his pricing was much better than what I’m seeing up here. He came recommended to me through Giuliaforums.com.

Performance Package?

the $2750 is the incentive, so your discount is about 8% of MSRP. I think you can do a little bit better. if you are in Vegas I would try some CA dealers. I have no experience with those as I am in NJ but heard the deals are good. I am close to pulling the trigger on one, best offer I can get is 400 miles away which is 13.2% off a Ti Sport with 47k MSRP. it’s my favorite color though…

Yes that’s correct 202020202020

That was me in giulia forums :slight_smile:

Ha! Great recommendation. He spent 15 minutes on the phone with me going over numbers I had from other dealers. His idea. I didn’t want to take up his time and he said it wasn’t a problem and that he enjoyed helping people out. Super solid guy.

If you don’t mind waiting, wait. If you find a dealer willing to play ball you can get some good prices on older stock. Takes some luck too, obviously.

A few weeks ago I managed to get a base ‘17 Giulia with some nice extras (sunroof, sport package, cold weather) for $32578 otd. MSRP was $44790.

Hey guys-- Thanks for the help.

I will call Amin in OC and see if he’d be available to help. I have no problem getting on a plane to OC to get in a new car for the right price.

Weird thing is… I spoke to the sales(woman) at Fiat/Alfa here in Las Vegas yesterday and told her there were better offers in CA and she told me that the rebate/incentives would only be available to CA residents… Is this true or is she being shady?

She has called me a few times since the initial meeting but I haven’t heard a price that made me jump…especially while looking at the base models where I’m seeing Giulias with the Ti package being leased for less.

What do you guys suggest doing? What is the most proactive way to hunt leases?

Time is on my side as I am in no hurry (in three weeks I’ll be out of the country for 2.5 weeks on vacation anyway) so that’s basically a throw away month in terms of leasing.

Do I keep calling around? Do I hold out and wait for the current dealership to bring the sales price down (maybe at the end of the month when 2019’s come out)?

Thanks for the patience- This is my first time buying or leasing something new.

Hey guys,

Was looking at the base model but after some review I think I will look towards the Ti package to truly get a taste of this car.

I’ve never leased before so the 24 month lease window looks attractive to me just to try it out.

I have attached a picture of the numbers – If I did the calculator correctly it gave me a lease score of 7.4

Would like your thoughts.

They are giving you about 12% under msrp. Maybe you can push more on selling price.

I’ll shoot for 15% off MSRP – Maybe they’ll be more willing to move towards the end of the month.

Are the doc prep fees/acquisition fees negotiable? Anything else I should have thrown into the lease or other “asks” before I pull the trigger?

You need to push for around 20% off before incentives.