2018 Acura RDX base model

Thanks to Leasehackr just last night pick up 2018 Acura RDX base model MSRP 36,995 in Northern California. Down was 1,000.00 includes first month and fees. Monthly 307.00 includes taxes. 36/10,000 miles. Money factor 0.00039 residual around 21,500.00. Wife finally decided didn’t need Tech package. Price was about 7,100.00 off MSRP.

As a side note I was trying to get the car from a dealer that was a little closer but they added in 3,100.00 in taxes on the quote sheet, I questioned them twice on this and got no response.

Thanks

1 Like

good work (certainly on the discount off MSRP)! Can you PM me the dealer info? thanks

They are really going to have to push these in the coming future.

1 Like

The 2019 RDX was in stock causing them to discount the 2018 but my wife didn’t like the new style.

I’m almost 99% positive this tax # would be for a purchase. It’s commonly found on the rate sheet, and is confusing, but would be related to purchase nonetheless.

1 Like

Congratulations… on talking your wife out of the Tech package :grinning:. $7100 off MSRP is a bonus too. My wife has the Tech package on her 2016 MDX now, and we’re shopping around because her lease is almost up, and Acura offered us a 3 month pull-ahead. I can’t seem to talk her out of the Tech package. We haven’t been to the dealer yet to see if she wants another MDX or the RDX since she hardly ever uses the third row and would like to get a smaller vehicle - easier to park, better milage, etc. But she’s convinced that she can’t live without her Tech package.

1 Like

I agreed it sounds like a tax on a purchase. It was very clear I was leasing and they did it on three different quote sheets that increased the cost of the car, two different sales managers. I may have lease from them if they cleared this up because they had a large inventory and choices. I must admit I was wondering if they could get away with the increased tax and pocket it?

The base comes with lots of goodies, sunroof, dual climate controls, memory seats and power, the SYN leather. The Nav was the big question, but in her previous NAV’s she never got use to it especially trying to use it during driving. I just use the phone, google maps why duplicate, it has voice controls.

1 Like

This is a much better deal than I’ve negotiated so far! I’m in the bay-area and in market for the same vehicle. Could you PM me the dealer info and copy of contract if possible?

Congrats! I am looking at RDX AWD model as the dealership around me only have AWD which has MSRP $38,495. How did you negotiate or they just quoted that low?

Acura Nav on the 2016 sucks. It takes like 5 minutes to set the destination address. I heard the 2018 Nav isn’t any better. I showed her my Apply Play, and she loves it, so that’s one thing that I was able to convince that she didn’t need. The base also now comes with LKAS, so another one down. I didn’t even tell her about the automatic folding mirrors which is new on the 2018 Tech package. She also said that she can live without being able to unlock the doors from the rear doors. But the others…

1. Puddle lights - she likes that she can tell that it’s her car when she walks up to it. As silly as that sounds, like 4 or 5 neighbors have the exact same car - White MDX. Everywhere we go, there are white MDXs.

2. The wheels - she likes the wheels that come with the Tech package

3. The backup beeping when there is traffic behind you when backing up

4. The side indicators for blindspots

Just a couple of questions for you if you don’t mind:

1. How much of that $7100 off MSRP were incentives? The MDX with Tech has $2950 in incentives. I heard that you can get more off the MSRP on top of that, but probably not as much because the 2019 MDXs aren’t on the lots yet.
  2. Did you negotiate over email or did you have to go in to get that price?

Dealers have wide latitude to hide costs in fees, interest rates etc… What they can’t do is mess with taxes. In almost every state, collecting fake taxes is a very serious offense carrying severe civil and sometimes criminal penalties. If you sent that quote to Acura corporate they probably deal with the dealer. If it turns out through incompetence the dealer collected sales tax on a bunch of leases and then didn’t turn that money over to the states (since at some point they realized they didn’t need to) they could face very stiff penalties.

They basically just quoted that low on the front wheel drive, but they knew I was looking around so they needed to give me a competitive quote.

I do have a 2018 base Volt with Apple play and it does help. But I don’t know if the 2018 RDX has apple play. I have an apple 6 plus on a car holder and it works find. The phone is always updated and has multi NAV systems, I placed the holder in a spot where I keep my eyes on the road. I used emails and texting to get things done with the dealership. As far as incentives go, I thought about getting more of a break down but the basic quote was so good compare to others I just went with it and didn’t ask anymore questions because they were selling in the color my wife wanted.

1 Like

There is currently $3300 incentives on the base trim, so you basically got 10.27% off MSRP before incentives. With the new 2019s on lots, most dealers should be around this price.

1 Like

Sounds like your right to me. But they didn’t respond to my written tax question which kept their quote high. I just move on to the next dealer which made it simple.

If u can send me an email I would be glad to.

About time for these to be given away, and yet nobody is really moving them.

Damn I feel the same way. Stopped in to check out the new one and actually prefer the old one, at least when it comes to interior.

I’m going to see how it lines up with pricing on a stelvio, MSRP is about the same for the one I’d want.

1 Like

Can you pm me the dealership info and the contract for the 2018 RDX as well -thanks