2017 Volvo S90 T6 Inscription Deal in Work

The great Volvo seating is standard.

1 Like

And upgraded is optional.

We can agree to disagree - to each his own.

The truth for me and my apparently-sensitive backside is this - I drove 2 different loaner S90 Momentums full time Saturday thru Tuesday morning, compliments of the dealer. As soon as I sat in my Fusion to leave the dealer Tuesday morning, it was like going from a stadium seat to a La-Z-Boy. I honestly hadn’t thought about it at all during the whole process - no placebo effect whatsoever. I wasn’t trying to justify a desire to step up to Inscription in the least. Honestly wish I hadn’t noticed it. Likely going to make or break this deal as I think I can get the dealer in my price range on a T6 Momentum.

Back to the nuts and bolts of this, what are my chances of the dealer accepting a offer of 14% off MSRP before incentives on this 2017 T6 Inscription? Is that going to violate some hard line number where the dealer is truly losing money - I know we all hear that a lot.

No different from sleeping in your own bed vs. nice bed in a hotel. You need time to get used to it.

Pick one that has been on the lot the longest, you will have extra negotiating room. Every dealer I have ever spoken to has always claimed they lost money on the deal - yet they still sold me the car, so take that with a grian of salt.

But who would want to sleep in a hotel bed ever night for 3 years?!?! :wink:

Well, if it’s a luxury hotel versus a one bedroom walk-up apartment with a nice bed in it for the same price…

Ok…ok…I hear ya.

Thoughts on the 14% number?

So you’re talking around an $8k discount on a $58k give or take before incentives?

I haven’t seen anyone post a deal that great. In my time looking, the most I ever got offered over the phone or via email was $5500, and that was for a loaner with 3k miles.

But there’s no harm in asking. If 14% off is what will make you close the deal, tell the salesman that, “If you can do $8k off plus incentives, I’ll come in right now and sign.”

Right now the offer is 6117 off of 60605 before incentives or 10%.

I agree - it’s a great offer as is. Just trying to understand the absolute boundaries that exist. Sales Manager is out of the office today and going to call him tomorrow to have the very discussion you outlined. Guess I’m looking for any other aces up my sleeve to have ready to go other than “Hail Mary”.

Like I said in the OP, I’m in no hurry so walking is very easy to do. Just don’t wanna, ya know? :wink:

I wouldn’t call it great as is. 6% off MSRP + incentives is standard discount for Volvo A-plan. 10% off on a 2017 is good, 14% off would be great (then layering in all the incentives). Also, I would add that you are looking at the most maxed out versions of the model, those should be around longer than the thinly equipped ones, which us cheapskates are trying to grab for payment minimums.

You never know til you ask

From searching and lurking this site for weeks on end now, I thought nadaguides.com was thought to be a good judge of actual sales prices. When I plug this model in there, I get the following:

This is with removing any of the incentives as shown. There must be something else factored into those prices, right? Otherwise, my 54488 offered before incentives is out of the range?!?!

Is there a different site to get this data from?

Haha, don’t get too excited. I’m almost certain that those “pries paid” include at least some incentives. I’ve also tried Truecar and KBB, but I don’t think they’re very reliable.

You can bet that if people were paying $45k for a $60k Volvo BEFORE another $10k in incentives ($35k) that there would be no cars on the lots and Volvo would be bankrupt.

1 Like

Yes, those lower prices are with some incentives. Also, I believe dealers are selective as to which sales they report (perhaps never mentioning the $250/month e-class lease, etc.)

1 Like

That’s exactly what I asked for and am waiting to hear back when GM returns. But I don’t hold my breath.

1 Like

My local guy laughed at me when I asked for 15% off MSRP. We 'll see if he comes around as he has a completely base T5 momentum.

I have a guy 100 miles away who appears to be a bit shy of that, need to confirm if he can do it on a lower trimmed model.

Yeah, the salesperson said that S90 leases in 500s, but numbers don’t lie.

Here are my latest numbers:

2017 VOLVO S90 T6 Momentum:
MSRP: 59,190
Sale Price: 46,000 (Including all rebates)
RV: .52
MF: .00028
Miles: 7,500
Due at signing: $1000
Payment: $526.84 including 9.25% tax.

Basically Costco $57,809 A plan pricing + he is giving an additional $1000.

Where do I go from here? From my own understanding there is another $3000 he can discount or so, correct?

Best,

Artem