2017 Volvo S60 Inscription FWD in Virginia, $302.30 OTD

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2017 Volvo S60 Inscription FWD

MSRP: $41,105
Selling Price: $26,395 (after rebates)
Rebates: $6,400 lease cash, $1,500 (summer allowance), $750 (costco cash) NOT eligible for $1,000 loyalty
Trade-in: N/A

Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,000

MF: .00001
Residual: 45%

Security Deposit: N/A
Total Due At Signing: $302.30 (first month)
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $302.30

Zip Code: 22180 (purchased in 22401)
Sales Tax Rate: 4.?%

Leasehackr Score: Tremendous

Big league kudos to @Ursus for being very responsive, patient, and coachy through the whole process.

I had previously noticedthat he’s in Virginia as well, and a leaser of Volvo and Subaru vehicles. He mentioned a great opportunity for S60 deals in one of the recent Volvo threads and I started pinging him for advice. At some point I actually got a little annoyed at him when Fairfax Volvo rebuffed me with my offer thinking that Ursus is crazy for having me make a lowball offer.

Per his suggestion I stuck to his proposed pitch (sample from a different car below) and found a vehicle with a low enough MSRP and high enough discount to make it work:

_MSRP: _
_ _
Your Price:
$32,208 (advertised) + $1,000 loyalty (don’t’ qualify) – $6,400 (lease cash) - $1,500 (summer allowance) - $750 (Costco cash) = $24,558 final sales price +tax, tags, fees
_ _
Residual: 46% for 10k miles

One small caveat, my original quote was as follows:

/original/2X/e/ea00cb24226e96afc94657d7b696fd55656c76ee.png

I honestly (though I’m a sucker) think it was a genuine mistake, but the sales guy had used the wrong residual and the finance guy who send off the contract to some central system got denied. My new payment was going to be $316. They knocked off another $500 and met me halfwayish

This forum is extremely helpful and has a great community that does a fantastic job!

8 Likes

Congrats! That looks like a killer selling price.

LOL The offer was based on their advertised sales price for the car at their Winchester store, so not my fault.
Edit: I meant Falls Church and they only lost daliante’s deal

Just to put this deal in perspective: tax on full price, $699 dealer fee and $995 bank fee - total of $3k ($90/mo) rolled in. And he got screwed on RV

Don Beyer actually ended up being right! They said Frederick volvo numbers don’t add up.

Fairfax was a complete $#it show. Claimed that their advertised price included all incentives. You made me stick to the plan though, haha.

1 Like

They did add up I believe with the right RV of 46%. Too lazy to calculate now…

You’re lucky. There is someone here who would have charged 799 for the same advice/deal Ursus gave you for free :slight_smile: (or you can pay him 99 to see if he can beat your deal :))

1 Like

Great deal. How do you like the car?

It’s funny how they gave you that $500 off at the last minute just to close the deal. In essence that got you back $300 from the marked up acquisition fee and $200 of the crazy VA doc fee.

Do you think they will do another one? I am seeking a S60 platinum in Virginia also . Please share dealer name?

@cheapdad00

Drives really well. It’s a replacement for my wife’s BMW328. We’ve barely driven it as it’s a third car until her current lease ends in October.

@sravan

I’m sure they would.

Good luck and feel free to ping me if you have questions.

Platinum will be worse deal. Go for loaded Premier

I’m also in the market for a similar vehicle. @daliante can you please share the script you used?

Thanks in advance.

hey pez.

See below (just some fluff around what I had in my original post).

I considered the initial sales price pretty good and did NOT negotiate further other than tack on the Volvo/Costco incentives.

Hi Doug,
I’m interested in the vehicle below.
_Stock # 0762W _
VIN LYV402HK0HB132869
I read the fine print closely and only saw that the Volvo loyalty bonus is included as part of the discount. Since I’m not qualified for that I’m expecting the following price breakdown.
_MSRP: _
_ _
Your Price:
$32,208 (advertised) + $1,000 loyalty (don’t’ qualify) – $6,400 (lease cash) - $1,500 (summer allowance) - $750 (Costco cash) = $24,558 final sales price +tax, tags, fees
_ _
Residual: 46% for 10k miles
_ _
Please let me know asap whether this deal can be done.
Thank you,
Scott

Thanks for sharing the additional details.

Would like your inputs on the S60 A Plan. When I look at the Volvo A Plan details at the lease examples tab it shows $2350 Non-Cash Allowance & Lease Bonus & a $750 Elite Non-Cash Bonus to which I would add $500 for Loyalty and also $750 for Costco? The lease bonus cash I believe is now $6400 so the total incentives available are: 2350+6400+750+500+750 = $10,750 or am I double counting the $750?

Thanks all.

Those s60 lease examples are for 2018 models which have a different incentive scheme. I haven’t seen data for 2017 lease examples on that website (And submitted a question to the volvo a plan group asking that question).

My guess is that to get to that lease rate, volvo is using some of the 5200 lease cash on the 2018 model to satisfy the 2350 and the dealer and or volvo pocket the rest.

Hi,

Advice is I am using the lease-hacker calculator correctly…

example 2017 Volvo S60 Inception Platinum AWD w/ MSRP of 46k. zip location 22209 - Virginia. Just want to make sure I am placing figures in correct place. Does the dealer disclose $6400 lease cash?

Understand the MSRP and Sale price will change… trying to figure out where to place the Dealer Lease cash? also, summer promotion and Costco $750… currently I rolled into the sale price.

Thanks!

Any better- easy to use Lease calculators to use?

Deleted 20202020202020202020202

Why are you replying to something over a year old with a nonsensical comment?

1 Like