MF: [0.00001]
Residual: [64%]

Security Deposit: [$0]
Total Due At Signing: [$195 (first month payment)]
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$195]

Edit: Monthly Payment (incl. tax and GAP Insurance): [$224]

Zip Code: [02109]
Sales Tax Rate: [6.25%]

So I finalized this deal on 1/2/17 and just picked the car up today. This forum has helped me become more familiar with the leasing process. I think I did well. What do you guys think?

3 Likes

wow that looks like a great deal, congrats!

That looks insane … $195 a Month for rav4 XLE AWD with just 1st month down ???
Kudos to that :+1:

If you wouldn’t mind sharing the dealer, looks like I’m in the same area and looking for something similar to this. Would appreciate it!

Yes, EXCELLENT snag… almost 18% off MSRP.

Congratulations.

I would love to get the dealer info (and contact) too.

Very well done IMO on the sales price and base payment!

Please search/read previous comments on GAP insurance, specifically Toyota Financial Svcs. Most people recommend getting it independently (e.g. from your auto insurer) for a fraction of what TFS charges, and canceling the TFS GAP coverage.

I got this car from Expressway Toyota in Boston, MA. My Sales rep was Isaac.

I also edited my original post because I elected to get the GAP insurance from the dealer, so my payments went up to 224/month. As Max mentioned above, I think I am going to shop the GAP insurance from other insurers and hopefully get a bigger discount, as the price the dealer charged seemed very high.

2017 RAV4 XLE (silver metallic/ash)
MSRP: $29,709
Selling Price: $26,000
Rebate: $300
Dealer Fee: $499
Government Fee $11.90
Residual: $18,717
MONTHLY PAYMENT: $245.24 (with $246 , 1st payment due on signing)

Dealer says its “most aggressive offer”. I pushed for another $900. Will walk if I dont get it as the Mazda dealer is much more agressive.

What dealer was this?

Also what did Mazda offer you?

Groove Toyota ask for Alan. Groove Mazda will match the posted deal here.

1 Like

Do you know if Toyota includes GAP insurance in their lease or do you have to buy it also

I dont. Groove is standing firm on the price. At 8.24% of msrp including taxes its a solid deal but not enough to tie me into the lease just yet. Its the lowest % of MSRP of the 300, CX5 and 330e. I have a grandma car getting checked by a mechanic 2010 model year with 28k miles. If it checks out it will probably win. Also waiting on the Q50 to get back. Im using the out of state dealer as the CO dealers dont want to play ball.

I think the Mazda deal sounds pretty good as well? You like the rav deal better?

Half dozen to the other. Its my wifes choice as the % MSRP is almost a coin toss.

What did you end up going with? Or are you still deciding… we are torn at my house lol

Honestly wasnt super impressed. XLE not thst well appointed. Still debating.

Rav4 is off the table unless they make some insane offer. After spending time closely comparing the features what I initially suspected is true, the Rav4 is woefully under-equipped at the same price point as comparable cars like CX5, Forester etc.

We went and saw the cx5 today and were quite impressed especially for the price point. Unfortunately, they came back with a number of about 380 which is too much for that car IMO…

Don’t let them start the negotiation, counter and then end up somewhere in the middle (likely closer to theirs than yours).

Find 3+ other dealers. Send them your numbers (based on 2750 off MSRP, then deducting the rebate, calculated based on RV and MF) saying its your best offer, you can sign today but you won’t negotiate further.

1 Like

Toyota does NOT include GAP in their leases.

3 Likes