2017 Mercedes E300 Loaner Deal Signed - $404/mo, 15K miles a year, $0 down

My understanding is that technically CPO is excluded. The question is how much flexibility does the dealer have in moving a vehicle from one status to another.

Moving a CPO to a never titled car would be some serious fraud.

Hi @Boomba,

Can you please share dealer info with me? I’m in the market but it’s hard to get a good deal in WestNorth area…

Thanks so much for your help!

The dealer asked that I not post the info publicly. Sorry. As I said earlier though, I had to fly and drive it back home. Sometimes you need to expand your geographical horizons to get a deal.

I got another offer for a car that I decided to pass on. It required too much money down but it can be a deal for someone. This was over the phone and the dealer did not email me back the numbers at the time of this posting. Here is what I remember from what I was told

Car is in northern California.

White color with black leather and black wood inserts.

Has the following options:

Premium 1
Sport package
Comfort box

For the math, I was given:

411 /w tax a month
Drive off (First month’s payment, taxes + title registration + Acquisition fee of 1075? or 1095). This was around 2100-2200.
Security Deposits adding up to around 5000ish.
MF was at 0.00051 after MSD
Residual was 59%
Forgot to ask for the selling price. I also told the dealer I was adding my fleet incentive, but I believe the discount was $500

Total needed was around 7100. A bit too rich for my blood as I was offered something for less. I also have to pay for shipping or fly to the dealer and drive said car back. I will PM this deal to whoever wants it.

Hi I am really interested. Can you shoot me the dealer contact?

Hi @bbonly, is there any decent lease deal available in SoCal? I’m very interested. Thanks!

For SoCal deals, you may check out DSR Leasing website and check out for best deals. Much more if you can contact Anthony to get the best deal.

Oh just Stfu already

4 Likes

Nope, most are overpriced or don’t have stock. I plan to write a detailed thread when I am done getting a car which is taking me a long ass time. If you are searching for a car in socal, I would avoid these dealers are they are overpriced or don’t have cars available

In no particular order:

Mercedes of Long Beach (Want new car pricing for their loaners, I dealt with a manager there 2x and expect to pay anywhere from 49 to 50s for a P1 loaner.)

Mercedes of Arcadia (Overpriced, not much selection for loaner cars)

Calstar Motors (Doesn’t have cars as loaner cars, but once in awhile has cars available)

Downtown LA Motors (Expensive, didn’t have too many cars available)

Mercedes of Encino (Does this wierd thing where the salesman talks to the manager in front of you and you can hear the salesman speak to his manager while you convey information to him. Expensive and didn’t have many cars available)

Mercedes of Ontario (No cars when I called, super overpriced. They want new car pricing for their loaner cars and didn’t seem to budge on price. I don’t call them anymore)

Mercedes of West Covina. (This gem of a dealership has all kinds of things going for them. When I first called, it took them a week or something to get back to me. Sales woman didn’t even know what car I was interested in. Said I was looking for a deal. Hung up on me and claimed it got “Disconnected”. This place also doesn’t have loaner cars as E-Class, so I wouldn’t bother calling them.

Oxnard, Valencia, Thousand Oaks generally want more than 48 for their cars. Just generally not cheap, as least not within what we have posted here.

Mercedes of Temecula. (Funny story with these clowns, I called about getting TWO cars from them. This proved useless as it didn’t even matter because of how they price used cars. I gave them figures on one of the deals I posted on here to see if they come close, I had the manger shame me over the phone. He started to give me his views on business in general and his strategy on selling cars. He went onto saying on why I should not put MSDs are a waste of money due to low return. Either this guy is thick in the head or trying to lie to me to save myself money. Hard to tell. I got an offer of close to 480 before tax on a car. Not even sure what his other numbers were but I never bothered to call back.

San Diego dealers. I called a few but none would come close as I remember. I called up the Hoehn motors and their manager wouldn’t budge on price. They generally want 50k+ for their cars so expect a 500+ payment from them.

In summation, for such a big market, I think lots of people here are willing to pay with a small discount and in turn makes it hard to score a car. Some dealers asked why I didn’t jump on previous deals or that it’s impossible to get this car at under 400. With enough deals posted here, we all know that it’s possible. I have been searching since the first deal posted which was in July 4th weekend and only came across a good deal once or twice but acted on it too late. Taking a long time to find a hacker deal. Dealers in socal are pretty confident in their pricing. But I am going to play the patience game and see what comes up in SEPT. I missed posting some dealers on here, but you get the idea on the difficulty of getting a car here.

2 Likes

This post pretty much sums up socal in a nutshell. Place is horrible for finding deals on cars unless you are absolutely lucky or it isn’t a luxury car.

Lol…I was tempted to say the same thing.

Patience is key. Good luck!

I ended up getting a loaner from Silverstar in Thousand Oaks almost a year ago. They had a ton of inventory listed directly on their website. Did you inquire there?

That’s funny as a north easter it always seems to me like the epic deals are being scored on in Cali.

1 Like

I did, same as with any of the north western LA dealers. Those wanted 48k+ for their cars. Not even worth it even if it has P1 which is around a 3,000 option. An “okay” (for me) price is around 46 with P1. I can’t find anything lower than that around here.

Thanks for the detailed summary! This is bit of discouraging though… :stuck_out_tongue:

Might be a redundant question but, how does one find loaner cars? Thanks!

Go to the different MB dealership websites, some have a “Service Loaner Inventory” menu. For those that don’t, search for Used 2017 models with <10k miles.

1 Like

I see some dealerships have a section for “Pre-Owned Vehicles with One Previous Owner”. Are they the same as demos or service loaners? Should i shoot for 20 - 25% off MSRP on these vehicles?